These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Many thanks to @Turquoise Blue for the write-up for this image I drew:

View attachment 670097

This is a symbolic representation of These Fair Shores’ United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Hong Kong, in a pathé animation style, titled ‘The Modern Britannia’.

She is suited in the increasingly-unisex fashion of the times, a breathable but fine suit with a Union Jack styled tie. Hanging from her lapel is a pair of sunglasses, reflecting the warmer and brighter (and drier) summers Brits regularly experience those days as a result of climate change. Her eyes are blue-green, symbolising the sea her people have turned to and relied upon for centuries to sustain and thrive. She wears thin gloves designed to ward off UV radiation from her hands.

The large shadow over her is her umbrella, which she uses as both an umbrella (mostly in winter) and a parasol (mostly in summer). It was not originally hers, as you can see by its size compared to her. It was made for a larger and broader individual, John Bull. But unfortunately John Bull has gone away and she inherited the umbrella which she tries to use as much as possible despite her relatively petite size compared to him making it somewhat unwieldy for her. The point of the umbrella is sharp to represent Britain’s still considerable military might (especially with the Empire incorporated).

Her expression is one of quiet melancholy. She knows that she’s rapidly losing imperial power to Canada, and that Canada has different priorities for the Empire than she ever did, far more aggressive and expansionist priorities compared to her more ‘keep the resources flowing’ conservative viewpoint. Contributing to this melancholy is that many old villages that lasted centuries, even a millennia, are now under water due to the rising sea levels despite the efforts to construct polders to prevent such. Also compounding such melancholy is that the youth of her country have more sceptical views on the Empire’s actions as a whole compared to their elders, and so she has those flashes of doubt on it all. Brief and fleeting flashes, though; she’s still firmly in favour of Empire and the system on the whole.

She is Britain at an uncertain time.
I wonder how would America be like in a pathé animation style

Political Map of the World, January 2021
BFyshdp.png

That map is both good, and viscerally weird to look at, compared to IRL. It's like I took psychic damage from it.

But a really good map.

People in the thread I won't spoil this but you should study the map in more detail as there may be more different from OTL than simply border changes :rolleyes: Discord people: Keep tight lipped I want to say if they can discover it for themselves

People in the thread I won't spoil this but you should study the map in more detail as there may be more different from OTL than simply border changes :rolleyes: Discord people: Keep tight lipped I want to say if they can discover it for themselves
Discord people please feel free to enlighten us plebeians.

Seems to be basically Hetalia, just adapted to the world it is in.

In Reds, which depicts a (benevolent) communist revolution taking place in America, an in-universe cartoonist creates a teenage girl characters who embodies Communist America.

Is this something similiar.