Topics you think deserve more love in Alternate History

When you think about it, there are a lot of regions, time periods, events and other topics rarely touched upon in alternate history, at least relative to popular mainstays. Are there any topics you think deserve more attention?

Personally, I'd like to see more of Maritime Southeast Asia.

Classical Greece is very underrepresented in alternate history,especially compared to its importance in actual histriography.
Personally,I most want to see more timelines about either Jagiellons,Vasas or Orleanist France.

Classical Greece is very underrepresented in alternate history,especially compared to its importance in actual histriography.

Somewhat related, but I've always been curious about a Persian victory against Greece in the the Second Greco-Persian War. I know there is a incomplete timeline on here, but I want it explored in depth.

I've even tossed around the idea of making such a TL, but I don't know where to start.

Dagoth Ur

Banned
The Bronze and, dare I say it, Chalcolithic Ages. Potentially monstrous POD's so wide ranging that the author basically has carte blanche to do anything they want with the world.

The first decades of the Muslim invasion
While there is a lot of no Islam timelines and discussion and what if the Muslim failed an important battle early on past 640 you rarely see anything ( with the expection of Nahavand)
Ignoring the events from 640s to the siege of Constantinople

Western Europe in the decades after Romes Collapse (470s-500s), especially in regards to certain groups, like the Alemanni, Burgundians and Suebi.

The Bronze and, dare I say it, Chalcolithic Ages. Potentially monstrous POD's so wide ranging that the author basically has carte blanche to do anything they want with the world.
I think the reason most authors don't go back quite that far, is that that carte blanche gets a bit overwhelming, particularly if you're intending to carry the TL forward a millenium or more :) You're basically creating a world out of whole cloth...

Dagoth Ur

Banned
I think the reason most authors don't go back quite that far, is that that carte blanche gets a bit overwhelming, particularly if you're intending to carry the TL forward a millenium or more :) You're basically creating a world out of whole cloth...
True, for most authors. But I refer you to your own signature 😛 that's a pretty cool quote

When you think about it, there are a lot of regions, time periods, events and other topics rarely touched upon in alternate history, at least relative to popular mainstays. Are there any topics you think deserve more attention?

Personally, I'd like to see more of Maritime Southeast Asia.
The Time of Troubles. Numerous realistic alternatives.

Surviving Native American states, along with African and Asian ones that can survive 19th century European imperialism with the right POD (Madagascar, the Sikh Empire, maybe Sokoto and some other major kingdom in the Sahel like the Bornu Empire).

Intellectual history.
Seconded, especially how ATL events like the one I mentioned above affect philosophies and sciences.

Hello,

Some notions...

Scandinavia between the twilight of the Viking era and the formal recognition of Christianity

The golden age of Africa 1100AD to 1600AD

Era of the Roman Republic, maybe a century or two before Julius Caesar

Changes in a society's cultural outlook, instead of projecting modern-day stereotypes of cultures on to their historical forebears and calling it a day.

Western culture with Eastern-style filial piety would probably cause a big domino effect, for instance.

Changes in a society's cultural outlook, instead of projecting modern-day stereotypes of cultures on to their historical forebears and calling it a day.

Western culture with Eastern-style filial piety would probably cause a big domino effect, for instance.
Or the West with an Islamic-style ban on alcohol.