The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

chankljp

Donor
Anniversary teaser.
TT_1.png
From my impression playing as England, the situation of country was basically on par with current day Myanmar or perhaps even Afghanistan: With the collaborationist only controlling the major cities centered around London, while much of the countryside and everything north of the Midlands being effective HMMLR country, with the Bobbies that are not already on HMMLR's payroll fearing to venture out in patrol, as well as having HMMLR operate their own social services and black markets as a sort of underground rival government to the one in London.

In addition, you have stuff like raid on police stations, car bombs, and the attempted assassination of public officials being carried out almost on a weekly basis. Meaning the entire country is in a state of low intensity civil war already for the past decade before the actual uprising takes place...

As such, I am honestly suprised at England still making it on the list as one of the world's top 10 economies, as I imagine that in between the place getting looted by the Nazis for 'reparations', the conflict against HMMLR, and being cut off from most international trade outside of the Pakt would have meant that by 1962 England would not have much of an economy to speak of.

From my impression playing as England, the situation of country was basically on par with current day Myanmar or perhaps even Afghanistan: With the collaborationist only controlling the major cities centered around London, while much of the countryside and everything north of the Midlands being effective HMMLR country, with the Bobbies that are not already on HMMLR's payroll fearing to venture out in patrol, as well as having HMMLR operate their own social services and black markets as a sort of underground rival government to the one in London.

In addition, you have stuff like raid on police stations, car bombs, and the attempted assassination of public officials being carried out almost on a weekly basis. Meaning the entire country is in a state of low intensity civil war already for the past decade before the actual uprising takes place...

As such, I am honestly suprised at England still making it on the list as one of the world's top 10 economies, as I imagine that in between the place getting looted by the Nazis for 'reparations', the conflict against HMMLR, and being cut off from most international trade outside of the Pakt would have meant that by 1962 England would not have much of an economy to speak of.
It didn't get quite that bad until recently in game terms. HMMLR only even formed properly in the very late 50's, and coordinated action between the three rebel groups was spotty until 1960 or so. Afghanistan is a reasonable comparison though, the core of Collaborationist control is the south, urban and industrial areas. The rural north and to a lesser extent midlands are if not HMMLR friendly then at least neutral. Of course England is a fairly Urban country so the light skirmishes going on get more frequent until the ECW bursts open the floodgates.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
So given he's going to be the worst possible president for the United States, how disastrous do you guys think President Yockey will be compared to say, Fear and Loathing Donald Rumsfeld or Losing the Peace's Dan. D. Buckley?
Depends on a number of factors. I imagine Yockey may seek to do more extrajudicial stuff a la Thurmond, but with Congress and not just the Supreme Court, including certain "irregularities" occurring in subsequent elections.

My other expectation is that it's also going to be the USA's most difficult path, given that Dystopia is Hard, but I might just be surprised.
22 million [for Andorra's value] if i recall correctly
On a semi-related sidenote, with the way things are in TNO I'm sure they spend a little more than four dollars and ninety cents on their military as of 1962.

I hope this isn't a step towards getting rid of Atlantropa.
Probably not, IIRC the devs said Atlantropa is still sticking around as it's fundamental TNO lore.

Last edited:

chankljp

Donor
I hope this isn't a step towards getting rid of Atlantropa.
Probably not, IIRC the devs said Atlantropa is still sticking around as it's fundamental TNO lore.
Personally, while I will not be in favour of getting rid of Atlantropa entirely since it is so important as part of TNO's lore, I will be in favour of reducing the level of impact that the dam had on the Mediterranean. Since only the Gibraltar Dam part of Atlantropa was built, while the current amount of sea level decrease was based on the idea of the Dardanelles and the Strait of Sicily also being damed up.

Personally, while I will not be in favour of getting rid of Atlantropa entirely since it is so important as part of TNO's lore, I will be in favour of reducing the level of impact that the dam had on the Mediterranean. Since only the Gibraltar Dam part of Atlantropa was built, while the current amount of sea level decrease was based on the idea of the Dardanelles and the Strait of Sicily also being damed up.
The Dardanelles had to have been damned up, else they'd have dried out and there'd be no way to access the Black Sea from the Mediterranean; it would be a fatal design flaw given the German Kreigsmarine is based in the Crimea with no way to get there.

That or actually show it possibly collapsing, otherwise it seems to me you could honestly just cut it. I mean what woud really change in the Mediteranian Situation? The economy would still be lagging, the Nazis would still be there staring ominously at there relatively unspoiled wealth and people would still be discontented. Blowing it up would at least make things even more desperate to contain for the Iberians and potenially a massive event for everyone to deal with

The united Russian olympic team is just such a cool idea. It would be great if Russian unifiers got specific events for their athletes in the olympics, and maybe even interactions with other unifiers. I'd also imagine that some unifiers wouldn't attend; I can't see the AB, Rodzaevsky, or Tabby sending anyone, and Omsk might not either. There's just a lot of storytelling potential there, like if an athlete for an evil unifier realizes he's on the wrong side when seeing that his fellow athletes are people and Russians too.

The united Russian olympic team is just such a cool idea. It would be great if Russian unifiers got specific events for their athletes in the olympics, and maybe even interactions with other unifiers. I'd also imagine that some unifiers wouldn't attend; I can't see the AB, Rodzaevsky, or Tabby sending anyone, and Omsk might not either. There's just a lot of storytelling potential there, like if an athlete for an evil unifier realizes he's on the wrong side when seeing that his fellow athletes are people and Russians too.
Or maybe a Amur/Russian State/Russian National Republic/Russian National Soviet participant uses the opportunity to deflect to one of the less evil factions after his experience.

(I can't see AB or HRE sending participants)

Also this is something disturbing about Rodzheavsky I've recognized rather in relation to a widespread TNO-related meme.

This is clearly an unintentional and not deliberate analogy, but Rodzheavsky is the equivalent of a alt-right otaku or alt-right Japanese gaming industry fan. A literal gamer(meaning toxic gamergater) not just in the figurative sense that attained power

Why? The "gamer" meme is a slang used to take jabs at far-right, toxic, pro-gamergate forces in video gaming playerbases. A characteristic I've noticed in these communities is that there is a subset of far right gaming culture that views Japanese games and gaming companies as inherently more "morally" superior to "corrupt, decadant" western ones. Choosing not to develop a leftist or anti-capitalist stance on why companies like EA or Activision or Ubisoft behave the way they did or why CDPR ended up losing it's goodwill overnight, they view Japanese as inherently more morally superior and less suspectible to decandance simply because Nintendo, From Software, CAPCOM and Square(as seen in the recent FF14 vs. WoW drama, through Blizzard very much deserves a good share of legitimate criticism and I will say FF14 is genuinely the beetter game) haven't gotten into trouble yet(the only exception to this I think would be Konami) because of some built in moral character not corrupted by "degenercy" or Japanese culture producing supposedly good corporate leaders over the western culture. Any sort of economic factors or regulations on control by publishign companies in Japan causing less fuck-ups are ignored.

How does this make Rodzheavsky a rather disturbing manifestation of literal gamerism? He views Japan as "purer" morally and economically than other countries and supposedly "free" from Jewish corruption. He's literally what happens if you take the fantasies of an alt-right Nintendo fan or FF14 player and stretch it to horrifying levels

TIME FOR A FUN POINTLESS DEBATE!

Russia on the modern warfare series is under a government described as Ultranationalist, led by president Boris Vorshevsky,

My question is "In your opinion, what would be his government ideology?"

I would say despotic, since while they are described as "ultranat", Boris is shown as a cool tempered guy

Also, this also reminded me how nonsensical the plot is, there is a Russian civil war and the post civil war ultranationalist state is still powerfull enought to overrun all europe all the way to prague and Hamburg and launch a invasion in US soil at the same time!