The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

People keep bringing this up and I don't see why. Yes, it's a line from White Army Black Baron. But there are lots of lines from that song. Why would they pick this specific line to include in focus effects if Sablin wasn't going to burn churches?

Nowhere did I say that he definitely wasn't going to burn churches. Merely pointed out the line is a quote. And I think it's the first time it was brought up in this thread, though I can't speak for Reddit or the corresponding Sufficient Velocity thread lol.

I'm just not gonna make an ironclad judgement on Sablin 2.0. till I see a bit more. As practically every post I made about Sablin in this thread and in the last TNO one shows, I'm not doing that because I'm a fan of him (or Leninism or Communism in general, for that matter), since I'm not.

But for the sake of objectivity and since I don't have a lot to go by at the moment. I don't expect his path to be a shiny happy, 'wholesome chungus' utopia (I wouldn't like if it were, to me LibSoc Sablin 1.0. is like a propaganda movie made about AuthSoc Sablin). But not a total hellhole either. I doubt it will be a country I'd like to live in, but I digress.

Last edited:
Kind of random, but while reading up on Kishi I found this where he met with South Korean Dictator Park Chung-hee.
After taking power in a coup d'état in May 1961, the South Korean dictator General Park Chung-hee visited Japan in November 1961 to discuss establishing diplomatic relations between Japan and South Korea, which were finally achieved in 1965.[86] Park had been a Japanese military officer serving in the Manchukuo Army and had fought with the Kwantung Army against the "bandits" as the Japanese called all guerrillas in Manchuria. During his visit to Japan, Park met with Kishi, where speaking in his fluent, albeit heavily Korean accented Japanese, praised Japan for the "efficiency of the Japanese spirit", and that he wanted to learn "good plans" from Japan for South Korea.[86] Besides fond reminiscences about the Japanese officers in Manchukuo who taught him about how to give a "good thrashing" to one's opponents, Park was very interested in Kishi's economic policies in Manchuria as a model for South Korea.[86] Kishi told the Japanese press after his meeting with Park that he was a "little embarrassed" by Park's rhetoric, which was virtually unchanged from the sort of talk used by Japanese officers in World War II, with none of the concessions to the world of 1961 that Kishi himself employed.[86] During his time as president of South Korea, Park launched the Five-Year Plans for the economic development of South Korea that featured statist economic policies that very closely resembled Kishi's Five Year Plans.[86]
Since Bunyachenko is supposed to resemble South Korean dictator Park Chung-hee with Despotist Samara being an analogue to 1960s-70s South Korea, would you imagine something similar happen with Bunyachenko's Russia and Imperial Japan? That and Bunyachenko establishes close ties to the Japanese.

brooklyn99

Banned
Kind of random, but while reading up on Kishi I found this where he met with South Korean Dictator Park Chung-hee.

Since Bunyachenko is supposed to resemble South Korean dictator Park Chung-hee with Despotist Samara being an analogue to 1960s-70s South Korea, would you imagine something similar happen with Bunyachenko's Russia and Imperial Japan? That and Bunyachenko establishes close ties to the Japanese.
I'd say so. Especially since in the upcoming rework, Kishi is going to be softened down into a Despotist. So same ideology as Bunya. Thus I imagine there'd be more deeper ties and cooperation there.

People are always trying to predict the future, either seriously by trying observing checking trends, or not so seriously by falling for their own biases. Science fiction writers sometimes need to do this to explain how Humanity got to where it is, and is usually incorrect and out of date. So what do serious analysts and sci fi writers expect the the future to be like in the geopolitical and societal sense from the year 1962

People are always trying to predict the future, either seriously by trying observing checking trends, or not so seriously by falling for their own biases. Science fiction writers sometimes need to do this to explain how Humanity got to where it is, and is usually incorrect and out of date. So what do serious analysts and sci fi writers expect the the future to be like in the geopolitical and societal sense from the year 1962
If we use otl cliches i expect the Reich and/or Japan to survive in perpetuity in most fiction.

Well, his idol Lenin led a revolution which saw five innocent children killed the same way as Sablin is killed (Olga and Tatiana were young adults in their early 20s IIRC when they were shot, but that is beside the point) and Chita is a bunch of Russian monarchists (which makes me wonder whether Chita's leaders deliberately chose to kill Sablin in a basement or not).
I mean some of the Chita generals took part in the RCW and the numerous war crimes the Whites committed so let's not condemn Sablin indirectly for the deaths of one family when many of Chita's generals have the blood of thousands directly on their hands.

Last edited:
I mean some of the Chita generals took part in the RCW and the numerous war crimes the Whites committed so let's not condemn Sablin indirectly for the deaths of one family when many of Chita's generals have the blood of thousands directly their hands.
That's fair.

I mean some of the Chita generals took part in the RCW and the numerous war crimes the Whites committed so let's not condemn Sablin indirectly for the deaths of one family when many of Chita's generals have the blood of thousands directly their hands.
We will condemn Sablin for the stuff he does when his rework is complete.
Until then he remains wholesome chungus clean.

That and Bunyachenko establishes close ties to the Japanese.
In his superregional tree Bunyanchenko forges close ties to Japan. And in his unification event it's mentioned that his Russia alignes with Japan. I wonder who would be his successor since he is in his 70's by the time of the unification.

1626799074310.png

Info on them on SV

Also
Rework of Central Asia

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
View attachment 667623
  • Georges Loustaunau-Lacau was a very right-wing officer that was part of the "Cagoule" (a fascist terrorist group active in the 30's that also involved several high-ranking officers of the French Army) who worked for Petain's regime after the Armistice until he realized (or thought, YMMV) that Petain was becoming a puppet of Pierre Laval (Chief of the Government and one of the biggest collaborators with Nazi Germany and wanted to have the French State formally join the Axis, he was also a good friend of Goering), afterward he created one of the biggest French resistance organizations, "Alliance", made of many French military living in the French State territory. He was eventually arrested and sent to a German camp to be killed, but survived the ordeal (notably several "death marches" from camp to camp), after the war he gave an important testimony of the extermination of Jews that he witnessed in the concentration camps and took Petain's defense during the latter's trial, and later became a deputy and was rehabilitated. (aka due to his participation in the effort of resistance, the French authorities accepted to forget his past actions)
  • Jean Gilles was an apolitical officer loyal to the nation first and foremost, he fought for the French Army at the beginning of WWII, stayed as an officer of the French State army until 1942 when he was discharged from the army for his (very loud) anti-nazi opinions, and joined the Free French Forces the same years when Germany invaded the French State and fought in the liberation of France and invasion of Germany. After the war he was general Leclerc's right-hand man in the famous French 2nd Armored Division. After the war he fought in pretty much every big war France fought afterward: the Suez Canal Crisis, the Indochina War and the Algerian War. He's basically "My country, right or wrong" made flesh, with a distinctive republican leaning. He's also one of the most decorated officers of the French Army.
  • Regis Debray didn't fought in WWII as he was still a child back then, but after the war became a communist revolutionary, joining Che Guevara in Bolivia and helping him develop the "Foco", the Che's revolutionary theory. He also fought the Nazis after the war by being one of the organizers of the hunt of Klaus Barbie, the German SS officer who (among many other crimes) ordered the torture to death of Jean Moulin.
Also
Rework of Central Asia
Is this all your own work?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I took those from Sufficient Velocity.
Sorry i should have mentioned it.
Yes, you should have. You should also have permission to from the original author to post it here. If you do not have that you need to delete it immediately.

The images are from the TNO discord/sub. and the notes about the characters are probably Impirius's own work.
Please don't presume to answer for other members.