Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bImNuJL.png
IFtngN3.png

Played two games of The Campaign Trail and had Colin Powell as VP instead of Cheney.

...and Coach Rowan Lehner has to be satisfied with his lads' showing so far this year. Forwards captain during the heartbreaking loss to France back in the 2001 Final and during the bad years that followed, the world of rugby can't help but feel as if redemption might be at at hand, as he coaches his team to their highest position in the World Rugby rankings in twenty years...

yIHPUEY.png

Last edited:
Does anybody know how to add a spoiler to posts so that links to other posts won't take up as much room?

In the edit box, look on the top bar. After quotation and table, there's three dots for more options. Click that, then the "crossed out eye" button for spoiler. Alternate option: in BB code, write spoiler tags before and after whatever you want to spoiler.

...and Coach Rowan Lehner has to be satisfied with his lads' showing so far this year. Forwards captain during the heartbreaking loss to France back in the 2001 Final and during the bad years that followed, the world of rugby can't help but feel as if redemption might be at at hand, as he coaches his team to their highest position in the World Rugby rankings in twenty years...

yIHPUEY.png

I don't know a whole lot about rugby, but this looks very nicely done

Alternate1948small.jpg

Played The Campaign Trail for the first time and had Dewey adopt a much more aggressive campaigning style. As expected, this allowed Dewey to win a comfortable Electoral College victory, though Truman still won the popular vote by 1.3%. For some reason Thurmond hugely overperformed in Alabama; he somehow got 98.3% of the vote (he got just under 80% IOTL). Is that a glitch or something?

yIHPUEY.png
Very nice, though if California is independent then wouldn't it not be part of USA Rugby?

A shame about 2001. It would be nice to have a North American world cup victory even if it is an ATL.

Very nice, though if California is independent then wouldn't it not be part of USA Rugby?

A shame about 2001. It would be nice to have a North American world cup victory even if it is an ATL.
The idea started out as for an independent California, but as the idea evolved I decided for it be some sort of vague thing where, at least for rugby, the US doesn't have a national team. Several state teams compete internationally instead, in a kind of mirror to how the UK doesn't compete internationally as the UK in rugby, but instead has teams divided into the English, Scottish, Welsh, etc., national teams. I'm still fleshing out the idea, so I might revert it to an independent California depending on how things go.

The idea started out as for an independent California, but as the idea evolved I decided for it be some sort of vague thing where, at least for rugby, the US doesn't have a national team. Several state teams compete internationally instead, in a kind of mirror to how the UK doesn't compete internationally as the UK in rugby, but instead has teams divided into the English, Scottish, Welsh, etc., national teams. I'm still fleshing out the idea, so I might revert it to an independent California depending on how things go.
Ah that makes sense. I wonder if there's something like an American State of Origin ITTL? I don't imagine every state could field a team but California could perhaps face off against some other state or collection of states on a field a little more matched than the international stage.

How do people work out voting percentages and popular vote with elections?
Very simple

Most of the time they're just made up

Sometimes people will use spreadsheets with demographics and stuff and try to create realistic swings and adjustments and those people are Very Good

Sometimes people don't change numbers from whichever OTL box they modified and those people Could Definitely Do Better Sometimes

But yeah mostly they're just made up to fit whatever appropriate narrative requirement

Very simple

Most of the time they're just made up

Sometimes people will use spreadsheets with demographics and stuff and try to create realistic swings and adjustments and those people are Very Good

Sometimes people don't change numbers from whichever OTL box they modified and those people Could Definitely Do Better Sometimes

But yeah mostly they're just made up to fit whatever appropriate narrative requirement

I remember I did a huge pile of math once to figure out national population and turnout statistics for a US presidential election taking place a few decades after a limited nuclear exchange that devastated a specific list of northeastern cities and I try to calculate losses and project population growth and emigration from those states to the rest of the country and at the end I came up with a number that was just about 65% of the OTL figure for that national popular vote.

So instead of hours of math, research, and guesswork, I could have just reduced the OTL figure by one third and gotten the same outcome.

Last edited:
I remember I did a huge pile of math once to figure out national population and turnout statistics for a US presidential election taking place a few decades after a limited nuclear exchange that devastated a specific list of northeastern cities and I try to calculate losses and project population growth and emigration from those states to the rest of the country and at the end I came up with a number that was just about 65% of the OTL figure for that national popular vote.

So instead of hours of math, research, and guesswork, I could have just reduced the OTL figure by one third and gotten the same outcome.
Link to these boxes? Sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.