Six Roses, Red and White: A Tudor TL

How should I handle a rework of this timeline?

• Edit the posts on this thread

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Start a new thread

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
Great chapter, but Margaret and Catherine knew each other as Margaret left England for Scotland only after her mother’s death

Great update! Hopefully Margaret is okay, Arthur would have been a fine husband for Elizabeth.
Henry wanted her to write to the Queen of Scots, his sister whom she had never even met?
They would have known each other. They met at Arthur’s wedding back in 1501, and probably saw each other on occasion until Margaret left England to marry King James of Scotland.

Margaret and Catherine knew each other as Margaret left England for Scotland only after her mother’s death
They would have known each other
Ahhh you are both so right idk how I missed that lol

I will go back and edit
Great chapter
Thank you
Great update! Hopefully Margaret is okay, Arthur would have been a fine husband for Elizabeth.
Thanks! Yeah Arthur probably wouldn’t have gotten Elizabeth considering Henry’s otl feelings towards his Scottish relations but a younger daughter would do just fine...
Watching and loving it!
Thank you!!

Yeah Arthur probably wouldn’t have gotten Elizabeth considering Henry’s otl feelings towards his Scottish relations but a younger daughter would do just fine...
But that was due to their Catholicism and reaction to his Protestantism, prior to that relations were decent AIUI. Aside from the hiccup that was Flodden of course.

So is King Henry VIII only going to have daughters. If he marred Elizabeth off the a foreign ruler like Henry Ii of there would be big proplems if he still divorces Catherine. Also if he gets let's say 10 doughter from Catherine of Aragon and has them marred to English lords and foreign nobility he could face civil war or rebellion.

Deleted member 147978

So is King Henry VIII only going to have daughters. If he marred Elizabeth off the a foreign ruler like Henry Ii of there would be big proplems if he still divorces Catherine. Also if he gets let's say 10 doughter from Catherine of Aragon and has them marred to English lords and foreign nobility he could face civil war or rebellion.
Ten healthy daughters is a bit of an overstretch for Henry and Catalina to be quite blunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ten daughters is an overstretch to be quite blunt.
A woman is pregnant for 9 months say in between those moths she has three months without pregnancy. Eleanor of castile over period of 30 years had over 15 pregnancies. And I believe Queen Philippa Edward the first wife had over 10 pregnancies but I think there could be more. It's 1510 and I think she could have children until late 1520s so that could lead to 10 pregnancies.

Ten daughters is an overstretch to be quite blunt.
A woman is pregnant for 9 months say in between those moths she has three months without pregnancy. Eleanor of castile over period of 30 years had over 15 pregnancies. And I believe Queen Philippa Edward the first wife had over 10 pregnancies but I think there could be more. It's 1510 and I think she could have children until late 1520s so that could lead to 10 pregnancies.
Henry and Katherine will have six daughters - Elizabeth (b. 1510), Mary (b. 1511), Katherine (b. 1513), Margaret (b. 1514), Anne (b. 1516), and Joan (b. 1518)

Perhaps Elizabeth marries Francis I and secures a divorce with Francis I's help, in that case, England will inherit France after the male issue of Claude go extinct, we will have a Valois England after the death of Henry VIII if he still have no sons with his second wife, his granny was a Valois any way.

Last edited:
Henry and Katherine will have six daughters - Elizabeth (b. 1510), Mary (b. 1511), Katherine (b. 1513), Margaret (b. 1514), Anne (b. 1516), and Joan (b. 1518)
I can definitely see Henrys eldest daughter's being marred before he divorces Catherine of Aragon but that would be harder she has giving him lots of doughters. Have you thought about Henrietta for a name I do not know if king Henry would like it or not.

Quite true, and there could be even more if some are twins - but I see it's not @curlyhairedhippie's plan. If I'm not mistaken, the largest number of non-twin births I know of for one woman is 13 with a 22-year gap between the first and last ones. Several of them only lived a few days/weeks though.

Quite true, and there could be even more if some are twins - but I see it's not @curlyhairedhippie's plan. If I'm not mistaken, the largest number of non-twin births I know of for one woman is 13 with a 22-year gap between the first and last ones. Several of them only lived a few days/weeks though.
I think the reduction in children is also because it would be harder to write about 10 daughters than it would be to develop 6 characters.

I think the reduction in children is also because it would be harder to write about 10 daughters than it would be to develop 6 characters.
Oh sure. Even six is quite a lot. (btw, I checked the tree and as I suspected, only 6 of the 13 kids I mentioned reached adulthood so even if having 10 daughters is quite possible, having them all live long enough to marry is another matter.)

Now that's funny, I didn't realise: is TTL Henry going to have two wives and six daughters instead of six wives and two daughters (well, not counting Edward VI)?

Oh sure. Even six is quite a lot. (btw, I checked the tree and as I suspected, only 6 of the 13 kids I mentioned reached adulthood so even if having 10 daughters is quite possible, having them all live long enough to marry is another matter.)

Now that's funny, I didn't realise: is TTL Henry going to have two wives and six daughters instead of six wives and two daughters (well, not counting Edward VI)?
We will have to see if Henry VIII still divorced Catherine if he did that with his doughters marred to foreign Kings are Princes or even his own nobility Couse civil war or foreign invasion. Or alternatively he goes with the idea of Elizabeth getting the crown. If Henry Dies not have the same health problems as his OTL self it very possible he gets to see his grandson become a man before his death.

We will have to see if Henry VIII still divorced Catherine if he did that with his doughters marred to foreign Kings are Princes or even his own nobility Couse civil war or foreign invasion. Or alternatively he goes with the idea of Elizabeth getting the crown. If Henry Dies not have the same health problems as his OTL self it very possible he gets to see his grandson become a man before his death.
Another possibility is that Elizabeth marries Constable Bourbon, starting a Bourbon England.

Another possibility is that Elizabeth marries Constable Bourbon, starting a Bourbon England.
That would be interesting a united Kingdom of England and France I believe the 16th century and 17th century would be more interesting. There would be two power blocks of Bourbon and Hasburgs dynastys fighting over Europe and the new world.