Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

What company wanted to buy Bandai?
Nintendo, that is how they got monolith soft to begin with, Seems that was one Iwata big movements as president, a stock purchase of bandai still get enough majority to buy the other stockholder, that scare sony and at the time one of bandai stockholder so they forced a reverse merger with namco(who was BFF sony at the time) to stop it. that is how Bamco come to be, Nintendo as got stock didn't need anymore just downloaded it in exchange for monolithsoft and cash when Namco planned to shutdown monolith soft at the time(was 2005-2006 IIRC)
Japan doesn't have antitrust laws at all and where? there not redundancy as there a lot of toys and videogame company out there
Oh. In that case, you might as well have Nintendo buy Bandai.
On one hand I don't see much benefit in Nintendo owning what is primarily a toy & anime company besides maybe for Amiibo later down the road, on the other hand Nintendo owning Digimon is too hilarious to not allow Nintendo to buy Bandai.
What do you guys think? I think it's time for the threads first poll.
https://www.strawpoll.me/45355934

On one hand I don't see much benefit in Nintendo owning what is primarily a toy & anime company besides maybe for Amiibo later down the road, on the other hand Nintendo owning Digimon is too hilarious to not allow Nintendo to buy Bandai.
What do you guys think? I think it's time for the threads first poll.
https://www.strawpoll.me/45355934
Here is one ' I need to learn Japanese moments' as seems most of the info is in Japanese. The other that was one of iwata big moves and very pushes forward by the board. Meaning they have a plan, a very big one

By getting Bandai they also get Banpresto, the latter the maker of the Super Robot Wars games. That's why Bandai Namco is the publisher for them OTL.
Plus a lot of licenses too, plus sunrise and others as animation studios.

Wonder If Banpresto would work well with certain srpg

Better yet, Nintendo would have the full game rights to both Super Sentai and Kamen Rider. I for one would like to see a platnium developed gokaiger/decade beat em up.

That is no Toei or those rights are shared?
He's referring to the toy rights which includes video games. Not actual ownership of the IP. Toei owns both Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

Also of note owning Bandai will give Nintendo Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Gundam.

Yes to the toy and game rights. But the distribution rights are shared between Toei and TV Asahi.
Nintendo and/or Sega making games and toys based on Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, and Code Geass? Count me in!

But wait! Why stop there? According to this list:
It's possible that Nintendo would also get the game rights to Sailor Moon, One Piece, Naruto, and DRAGON BALL!!!

Yes, you heard me right. Dragon Ball would be an honorary Nintendo property as far as merchandising goes. Sleep well, folks!

Nintendo and/or Sega making games and toys based on Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, and Code Geass? Count me in!

It's possible that Nintendo would also get the game rights to Sailor Moon, One Piece, Naruto, and DRAGON BALL!!!

Yes, you heard me right. Dragon Ball would be an honorary Nintendo property as far as merchandising goes. Sleep well, folks!
DAMN we opened the pandora box with that last one... regardless Getting Banpresto, sunrise and Bandai own toys facilities are massive acquisition and that was a time Nintendo was hellbend expanding into general entertainment (kirby anime, f zero one too, the animal crossing anime ended up a movie,a failed SMB movie too)

It's been 24 Hours and with 9 Yes' to 2 No's. This is actually happening. Nintendo will buy Bandai in the near future.

Stuff Nintendo Owns Circa 2006
Sega (2001)
Rareware (2002)
Monolithsoft (2004)
Bandai (2005)
DICE (2006) (Maybe)

DAMN we opened the pandora box with that last one
My thoughts exactly on whats happening.
Good thing Nintendo's about to literally print money with the DS and Wii otherwise I'd be worried about Nintendo going broke with all these acquisitions.

Good thing Nintendo's about to literally print money with the DS and Wii otherwise I'd be worried about Nintendo going broke with all these acquisitions
Technically speaking Nintendo was using their pokemon profit(Q Fund wast their SNES one BTW) for their Attempted takeover of Bandai, after that they barely tried, seems that left a bad taste on Iwata and the board(remember Nintendo as a public company have a board, we not only have the Yamauchi but big investor like bank of japan, nomura securities, jp morgan of japan, ,etc) , wonder if that is why they just stock swapped for monolith and never bothered try to salvage Midway, THQ or Atlus

Rareware (2002)
Monolithsoft (2004)
Bandai (2005)
DICE (2006)
I would leave Monolith for last(they were 2006-7 OTL) but your idea, as I said before, was Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 that showed to Nintendo that those guys were so talented worth download their bamco stocks rather than allow them to be killed and put into tales or anime licenses(fun fact...they did made an anime license for Nintendo, the Dragon ball RPG of Dragon Ball: Attack of the Saiyans, done by the current Monolithsoft Kyoto team(ie the zelda team))

Last edited:

DAMN we opened the pandora box with that last one... regardless Getting Banpresto, sunrise and Bandai own toys facilities are massive acquisition and that was a time Nintendo was hellbend expanding into general entertainment (kirby anime, f zero one too, the animal crossing anime ended up a movie,a failed SMB movie too)

It's been 24 Hours and with 9 Yes' to 2 No's. This is actually happening. Nintendo will buy Bandai in the near future.

Stuff Nintendo Owns Circa 2006
Sega (2001)
Rareware (2002)
Monolithsoft (2004)
Bandai (2005)
DICE (2006) (Maybe)

Good thing Nintendo's about to literally print money with the DS and Wii otherwise I'd be worried about Nintendo going broke with all these acquisitions.
Hell, there might be a case for Gacha-styled Amiibo cards by the end of the Wii years due to Bandai's Cardass imprint. The money that comes in is enough to make Disney grit their teeth like Stannis Baratheon.

Hell, there might be a case for Gacha-styled Amiibo cards by the end of the Wii years due to Bandai's Cardass imprint. The money that comes in is enough to make Disney grit their teeth like Stannis Baratheon.
Like an evolution of the e-reader? That would be interesting, especially as would be cheaper once NFC chips are everywhere. Another would improve amiibo early too.