These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Connectr Posts: 28 May 2021
gNtBx38.png

For once, I'm siding with Britain, and now I feel dirty about it
The Spaniards seem to be attacking the Brits tho... I don't see any reason to side with the Evil British Empire

Fuck it, One struggle, American ultraconservatism - Spanish Communism, based af

ngl can't help but think the Argies are Britain's lapdog, they have a golden opportunity to retake the falklands there

Last edited:
Excellent! Oh, boy international coalition time..... against America. The images of the bombing were genuinely disturbing, where did you get them? My spanish is a little (extremely) rusty, but does the Californian Connect say "Everybody! The forces of the United States have faced (opposed, attacked?) all californians in our borders. All citizens must be alert for attacks!"
I think this is a wonderful story, and it genuinely made me swear at the screen. It's evoking emotion and immense interest in this wonderful world. I love it.

Last edited:
Curious, why/How is Argentina engaging against America when the two are continents apart? Does she have a military strong enough to power project in NA?

PNWKing

Banned
The Foreign Ministry of Russia expresses support for Britain, New England, and Canada. This is not surprising considering that Queen Victoria's granddaughter married the Russian Tsar.

Curious, why/How is Argentina engaging against America when the two are continents apart? Does she have a military strong enough to power project in NA?
Oh yes. At one point, Argentina had the largest economy in the world ITTL and got to space first. Admittedly that was due to the UK and Russia being absolutely exhausted, but Argentina is not to be messed with. They seem rather like a fusion of OTL India and Japan really, of Japanese economic strength backed with the military chops to be a tough cookie while not-quite-attaining superpower status.

Oh yes. At one point, Argentina had the largest economy in the world ITTL and got to space first. Admittedly that was due to the UK and Russia being absolutely exhausted, but Argentina is not to be messed with. They seem rather like a fusion of OTL India and Japan really, of Japanese economic strength backed with the military chops to be a tough cookie while not-quite-attaining superpower status.
That’s fair, I guess I underestimated them.

Do you propose to say that this timeline was no longer popular, and the author is trying to revive this TL by doing something spectacular? That is not a very courteous thing to do on someone's timeline thread, is it?
I think you are misinterpreting them. They mean that the USA just jumped shark, as in everything has gotten worse (in universe). The quality is fantastic, as usual, and this moment has been building for a long time.