Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

waraimes.jpg

Hey, I am looking for data and maps about the Franco Hendaye territorial requests, I know there was much more than Morocco, West Algeria and Cameroon. Anyone has it?

Hey, I am looking for data and maps about the Franco Hendaye territorial requests, I know there was much more than Morocco, West Algeria and Cameroon. Anyone has it?
Franco Planned Empire v2.png

I have this map saved but I don't remember who made it (I think it was made for this thread but I couldn't find it as part of a quick search) and I don't know how accurate it is. It does give a decent idea at what Franco supposedly wanted/suggested Spain to receive at that time.

EDIT: Originally made by SRegan.

Last edited:
You have to cite the source given if you want to avoid a kick for plagiarism.
But he never claimed to make it, explicitly said someone else did, and even mentioned that it came from this very thread… Can a lack of knowledge really be punished if he didn’t personally edit his post?

MAP SNIP

I have this map saved but I don't remember who made it (I think it was made for this thread but I couldn't find it as part of a quick search) and I don't know how accurate it is. It does give a decent idea at what Franco supposedly wanted/suggested Spain to receive at that time.

EDIT: Originally made by SRegan.
It looks pretty accurate. I'm not sure about the bits of West Africa, but the only thing not SRegan's list that was also desired was French Catalonia.

1621208281550.png

(Map courtesy of Wikipedia)
The Donations to Alexandria were a political maneuver by Cleopatra and Mark Antony conducted in 34 BC, following both the latter's abysmal failure to capture Parthia, which was economically and militarily devastating to him, and Octavian sending both 2,000 soldiers and his sister, Antony's Roman wife Octavia, basically offering him the choice to return to Rome.

Cleopatra and Antony responded with a mock Roman triumph, where they sat on golden thrones dressed as Dionysus-Osiris and Isis-Aphrodite respectively. It was at the Gymnasium of Alexandria that they made their decree: Cleopatra was crowned Queen of Kings and her son Caesarion, the child she had with Caesar, was crowned King of Kings and also Caesar's rightful heir. The kids she had with Antony were also granted territories of their own: Alexander Helios was named king of Armenia, Media and Parthia (the latter two of which they didn't even control yet); his twin sister Cleopatra Selene II got Cyrenaica and Libya; and the young Ptolemy Philadelphus was awarded Syria, Phoenicia and Cilicia. Antony naturally also planned to include all the Roman territory he'd been in control of since Caesar's death.

Needless to say, this Hellenistic eastern empire didn't last, as Rome declared war and Cleopatra and Antony's forces were brutally defeated at the Battle of Actium in 31 BC.

By accident I stumbled across a group claiming to be a Switzerland-based Kurdish government-in-exile called the United States of Kurdistan (link to their website). It advocates for a greater Kurdish state with close ties to Israel, the EU (to include a Turkey "ruled by genuinely democratic values developed in civilized society"), and the US.

These are the proposed borders for this USK.

Untitled-3-1-1024x659.jpg

As you can see, it'd be massive and have access to the Mediterrean, the Black Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Persian Gulf. I also wonder if this state advocates that the portions of Iran cut off from the metropole get annexed by neighboring states...

By accident I stumbled across a group claiming to be a Switzerland-based Kurdish government-in-exile called the United States of Kurdistan (link to their website). It advocates for a greater Kurdish state with close ties to Israel, the EU (to include a Turkey "ruled by genuinely democratic values developed in civilized society"), and the US.

As you can see, it'd be massive and have access to the Mediterrean, the Black Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Persian Gulf. I also wonder if this state advocates that the portions of Iran cut off from the metropole get annexed by neighboring states...
They are ambitious, I'll give them that. AFAIK, there aren't even any Kurds in most of what they're claiming in Iran.

As you can see, it'd be massive and have access to the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Persian Gulf. I also wonder if this state advocates that the portions of Iran cut off from the metropole get annexed by neighboring states...
Every country in the Middle East:

the weird part is that they seem to know that, since they have little kurdish flag icons around the areas where there actually are kurds

The people behind this have some... interesting historical interpretations:

Kurdish history starts around 10,000 BC. Kurds moved from Scandinavia to areas of Caucasia and around the region of Mount Ararat during the great migration. Two categories of Kurds travelled within the area still known informally as ‘Kurdistan’. One of them was the group of Gutis, who migrated from Ararat to the areas around the Caspian Sea and from there travelled further down to the Arabian Sea and Red Sea areas. The other was the group of the Kurtis, who migrated from Mount Ararat to the Mediterranean Sea passing through the areas around the Euphrates and Tigris rivers. From there, the Kurtis moved on to Aleppo and then to Mosul and crossed the Gutis in and around the Arabian and Red Sea areas. Together they formed the Kurdish people.[8]

For thousands of years, the Kurdish people have been free from occupation and governed their own territories. Many states, kingdoms and empires, including the Medes, Kassites, Kattiyum, Kardonya, Mitani and Ayubis, were created throughout the years. Around these centuries two of the world’s largest four states belonged to the Kurds. Kardonya and Mitani together with Egypt and Hittite were the largest states of the world at that time. The Kurds were living peacefully together and practiced various religions including Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Zoroastrianism, one of the world’s oldest religions which accept one God and is still practiced by the Yazidis. There are various sub-dialects of the Kurdish language, spoken by various Kurdish tribes and communities. The peaceful cohabitation of all Kurds was first disrupted in 640 AD by an invasion in the name of Islam, orchestrated by Khalif/Caliph Omer. This led to a division along religious lines, but the Kurds managed to hold on to their territory. In 1514, the Kurdish Kings and the Ottoman Turks reached an alliance, which significantly undermined Kurdish sovereignty for the first time in history. This alliance allowed the Kings in the eastern parts of Kurdish territory, including parts of Dersim, which has a long tradition of Kurdish independent rule, to continue to reign autonomously. Other parts of Kurdish territory came under the direct rule of the Ottoman Empire. By 1639 a large majority of the Kurdish people had come under Ottoman rule, but the Kings in the east hang onto their autonomy until the second third of the 19th century, when the central state imposed its direct central rule in these autonomous areas as well. In doing so, it nonetheless relied on the co-option of local Kurdish lords. The central parts of Dersim retained its autonomy until the 1930s and resisted both co-option and direct rule until then.[9]

What is the Kurdish entity, Kurdistan?

Todays Kurdish homeland, the territory of the map of the United States of Kurdistan,spans from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean via Aleppo,on to Mosul and the north of Iraq and down to the Persian Gulf. From there it moves up to the Caspian Sea and reaches further to the Black Sea. The details of this map need to be finalized for the submission to the United Nations to demand the recognition of the United States of Kurdistan.

This historic Kurdish homeland remains under the control of brutal occupiers. These occupiers have no rightful place in the Kurdish homeland or in positions of power and control in the civilized world for they fail to abide by international rules of engagement and of law.