Sorry for asking again but seeing someone made a request on fallout flag it made wonder does anyone here have any ideas for a fallout themed flag but not in north america (as probably people made tons of it already) but outside of it like perhaps china (i think had a certain fallout game wasnt cancelled we wpuld have seen a chinese post war flag/symbol) or maybe lets say southeast asia and oceania (im going on a limp and say that indonesia and phillipines after the war or heck even before it was plunged into a deep civil war or maybe even invaded due to their oil) or hey maybe even africa but im mainly focussed on southeast asia and oceania does anyone have any idea what will be some flag for these post war country/community? (Sorry if this doesnt make any sense 😅 but im just really intrigued on post war states outside north america in a fallout universe)

Sorry for asking again but seeing someone made a request on fallout flag it made wonder does anyone here have any ideas for a fallout themed flag but not in north america (as probably people made tons of it already) but outside of it like perhaps china (i think had a certain fallout game wasnt cancelled we wpuld have seen a chinese post war flag/symbol) or maybe lets say southeast asia and oceania (im going on a limp and say that indonesia and phillipines after the war or heck even before it was plunged into a deep civil war or maybe even invaded due to their oil) or hey maybe even africa but im mainly focussed on southeast asia and oceania does anyone have any idea what will be some flag for these post war country/community? (Sorry if this doesnt make any sense 😅 but im just really intrigued on post war states outside north america in a fallout universe)
The flag used to represent china in the various games (flag patches and propaganda) is the same as OTL. The one exception is in the Fallout 3 DLC "Operation: Anchorage" in which chinese bases fly the flag below. Since their own uniform has the standard chinese flag on it, it might not be meant to be the in-universe national but the flag of the invasion task force. It is not a design actually used OTL though it very similar to the "Yellow River" design which was the only other competitor to the design which was eventually chosen. The main different between the Yellow River flag and this one is that the former had a wider yellow band which was closer to the center.

If in-universe it was indeed the flag of the invasion task force or some alternate People's Liberation Army flag, it could have kept being used post-war by some military junta or remnant force and eventually turned into the national flag of that faction.

fallout3-china.png

For other states, it would really depend on what type of faction they are and whether they were already using an alternate design from OTL pre-war.

Last edited:
The flag used to represent china in the various games (flag patches and propaganda) is the same as OTL. The one exception is in the Fallout 3 DLC "Operation: Anchorage" in which chinese bases fly the flag below. Since their own uniform has the standard chinese flag on it, it might not be meant to be the in-universe national but the flag of the invasion task force. It is not a design actually used OTL though it very similar to the "Yellow River" design which was the only other competitor to the design which was eventually chosen. The main different between the Yellow River flag and this one is that the former had a wider yellow band which was closer to the center.

If in-universe it was indeed the flag of the invasion task force or some alternate People's Liberation Army flag, it could have kept being used post-war by some military junta or remnant force and eventually turned into the national flag of that faction.

View attachment 647717

For other states, it would really depend on what type of faction they are and whether they were already using an alternate design from OTL pre-war.
So it could be like a brotherhood esque community but without the power armors? (Barring a few that they captured or managed to salvaged post war as american troops did land land in china) and for the other one well i was looking for sorta the one like the one requested previously (a society based on a pre war building like maybe the sydney opera house for australia or maybe a religious zealot centered around temple like angkor wat or borobudur kinda like the children of atoms but with animism or/and dynamism) or maybe a new one like the NCR and Caesar legion so maybe in my opinion a new monarchy in based in java to bring back the glory days of the (muslim) mataram empire (lets call it a new mataram empire) and maybe in vietnam a resurgance of a new vietcong this time to defeat the chinese invader (and the post war chinese population) and for australia definetly a coastal esque republic that prosper on fishing and a mad max esque anarchic society for the desert part of the island

So it could be like a brotherhood esque community but without the power armors? (Barring a few that they captured or managed to salvaged post war as american troops did land land in china) and for the other one well i was looking for sorta the one like the one requested previously (a society based on a pre war building like maybe the sydney opera house for australia or maybe a religious zealot centered around temple like angkor wat or borobudur kinda like the children of atoms but with animism or/and dynamism) or maybe a new one like the NCR and Caesar legion so maybe in my opinion a new monarchy in based in java to bring back the glory days of the (muslim) mataram empire (lets call it a new mataram empire) and maybe in vietnam a resurgance of a new vietcong this time to defeat the chinese invader (and the post war chinese population) and for australia definetly a coastal esque republic that prosper on fishing and a mad max esque anarchic society for the desert part of the island
If you want to combine the 2 for Australia within the Greater Sydney Area, have a nuke fall short of the CBD and smash the entrance to the Harbour, closing it. That way you end up with a huge dry and barren riverbed extending all the way to Parramatta where gangs of outlaws fight while in the "uptown" area (what is currently dry land including the Sydney CBD) being the home of posh people (by Fallout standards).

Last edited:
So it could be like a brotherhood esque community but without the power armors? (Barring a few that they captured or managed to salvaged post war as american troops did land land in china)
they do have the stealth armour. Maybe they can have variants of them with various effects.

If you want to combine the 2 for Australia within the Greater Sydney Area, have a nuke fall short of the CBD and smash the entrance to the Harbour, closing it. That way you end up with a huge dry and barren riverbed extending all the way to Parramatta where gangs of outlaws fight while in the "uptown" area (what is currently dry land including the Sydney CBD) being the home of posh people (by Fallout standards).
Yeah it will be sorta like new vegas where freeside is a lawless ground while new vegas is home to the rich people so basically like that but with mad max element and also what about the post war indonesia idea?
they do have the stealth armour. Maybe they can have variants of them with various effects.
Well yeah true but i doubt it will play into like how the brotherhood is a technology mania (their flag represent that) so in my head the flags or symbold or whatever will probably include oriental theme to it but with added post war element (kinda lile the ncr flag has a 2 headed bear instead of one)

Hello everyone,

I am back after awhile of being gone and I have a request corresponding to the Fallout wave. After the No Gods, No Masters ending, the Mojave is a collection of independent settlements and I figured there would need to be a defense coalition, possible confederation (beginning federation maybe) to protect the Mojave. So I’m looking for a flag somehow representing a coalition between New Vegas, Nellis, Hidden Valley, and Jacobstown.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

I am back after awhile of being gone and I have a request corresponding to the Fallout wave. After the No Gods, No Masters ending, the Mojave is a collection of independent settlements and I figured there would need to be a defense coalition, possible confederation (beginning federation maybe) to protect the Mojave. So I’m looking for a flag somehow representing a coalition between New Vegas, Nellis, Hidden Valley, and Jacobstown.

Thanks in advance!
Maybe they could re-institute the Desert Rangers as the "Mojave Rangers". If so, something with a brownish beige field and a star in canton with the words "Mojave" above and "Rangers" below.

Maybe they could re-institute the Desert Rangers as the "Mojave Rangers". If so, something with a brownish beige field and a star in canton with the words "Mojave" above and "Rangers" below.
I like the idea. Although I will probably change the word rangers since that promotes an image of the NCR and their ranger unification

I like the idea. Although I will probably change the word rangers since that promotes an image of the NCR and their ranger unification
since the term "ranger" has such a long history behind it, to me it feels like simply making it clear that these are a *new* ranger organisation would be enough.

Less evocative could be something like "Mojave National Guard" though "national" might come off weird if it is purely a protective organisation representing a loose association of sovereign settlements.

Another option, distinct from the military organisation, could be to use a modified version of the Nevada state flag for the confederation:

fallout-mojave.png

since the term "ranger" has such a long history behind it, to me it feels like simply making it clear that these are a *new* ranger organisation would be enough.

Less evocative could be something like "Mojave National Guard" though "national" might come off weird if it is purely a protective organisation representing a loose association of sovereign settlements.

Another option, distinct from the military organisation, could be to use a modified version of the Nevada state flag for the confederation:

View attachment 648336
Oooh I like that. That keeps the feel of the old world but still feels brand new