Rock albums from alternate timelines

These Giles-Floyd albums look great! Where can I find these songs, or are they made up? I'm a GG&F and King Crimson fan, and I don't recognise any of the song names.
Cows, Summer In the West and If Only is respectively OTL Atomic Heart Mother, Summer 68’, and If. The rest are made up.

Last edited:
96AB7FB1-0860-4B2D-BA13-0127A0D63200.jpeg

Paul McCartney - Paul McCartney Goes Too Far
1967 - Avant Garde, Comedy, Modern Classical, Sound Collage

Produced By Paul McCartney

SIDE ONE:
1. Paul McCartney Goes Too Far Pt 1

SIDE TWO:
2. Paul McCartney Goes Too Far Pt 2

Released smack dab in the middle of the Beatles psychedelic era, this album came as a shock to many buyers and listeners. As Paul had been mostly known for his light-hearted, fun and jolly songs about love. The album was put out with little promotion but surprisingly reached the #31 spot on the Billboard charts and slightly lower (#37) in Britain. Even though the public at the time reacted negatively, the album now has a strong cult following.
NOTE: This was an actual idea that McCartney had during the Sgt. Pepper sessions.

John Lennon Real.jpg

John Lennon - Real John Lennon
1983 - Pop Rock

Produced By John Lennon

SIDE ONE:
1. It's Real
2. Not for Love, nor Money
3. Memories
4. Gone from this place
5. Dear John

SIDE TWO:
1. Serve Yourself
2. Solitude
3. This Happy Rishiken Song
4. John Henry
5. Howling at The Moon

Real John Lennon is the sixth studio album by John Lennon. Released in 1983 on Geffen Records after Ono's death two years.

Last edited:
10C501CA-105F-4CCE-90FF-340F49D55DDE.jpeg

Ramadan - Syd Barrett
December 1968 - Distributed by EMI/Columbia

Side One: 21:50
1. Golden Hair
2. Clowns and Jugglers
3. Scream Thy Last Scream
4. Swan Lee (Silas Lang)
5. Late Night
6. Lanky (Parts 1 and 2)

Side Two: 23:19
1. Ramadan
2. Jugband Blues

POD: Syd Barrett is let go by Pink Floyd much earlier than they did (maybe around late 1967). So around May of 1968 Syd goes into the studio to make his first solo album, which leads to a late 1968 release. The album is a moderate success in Britain (reaching #42) but not charting in the US.

Last edited:
View attachment 632763
Ramadan - Syd Barrett

Side One: 21:5
1. Golden Hair
2. Clowns and Jugglers
4. Swan Lee (Silas Lang)
5. Late Night
6. Lanky (Parts 1 and 2)

1. Ramadan
2. Jugband Blues

POD: Syd Barrett is let go by Pink Floyd much earlier than they did (maybe around late 1967). So around May of 1968 Syd goes into the studio to make his first solo album, which leads to a late 1968 release. The album is a moderate success in Britain (reaching #42) but not charting in the US.

Is he going to pull a Cat Stevens and convert to Islam? (or Baha'i like Seals & Crofts)

View attachment 632715
John Lennon - Real John Lennon
1983 - Pop Rock

Produced By John Lennon

SIDE ONE:
1. It's Real
2. Not for Love, nor Money
3. Memories
4. Gone from this place
5. Dear John

SIDE TWO:
1. Serve Yourself
2. Solitude
3. This Happy Rishiken Song
4. John Henry
5. Howling at The Moon

Real John Lennon is the sixth studio album by John Lennon. Released in 1983 on Geffen Records after Ono's death three weeks.
How would Yoko have died in 1983?

View attachment 632476
Paul McCartney - Paul McCartney Goes Too Far
1967 - Avant Garde, Comedy, Modern Classical, Sound Collage

Produced By Paul McCartney

SIDE ONE:
1. Paul McCartney Goes Too Far Pt 1

SIDE TWO:
2. Paul McCartney Goes Too Far Pt 2

Released smack dab in the middle of the Beatles psychedelic era, this album came as a shock to many buyers and listeners. As Paul had been mostly known for his light-hearted, fun and jolly songs about love. The album was put out with little promotion but surprisingly reached the #31 spot on the Billboard charts and slightly lower (#37) in Britain. Even though the public at the time reacted negatively, the album now has a strong cult following.
NOTE: This was an actual idea that McCartney had during the Sgt. Pepper sessions.
This is a good reminder of the fact that it was Paul who was plugged into Swinging London the most of the Fabs, as well as him introducing the band to folks like Stockhausen.

View attachment 632763
Ramadan - Syd Barrett

Side One: 21:5
1. Golden Hair
2. Clowns and Jugglers
4. Swan Lee (Silas Lang)
5. Late Night
6. Lanky (Parts 1 and 2)

1. Ramadan
2. Jugband Blues

Imagine if he and Kevin Ayers did an album together

Imagine if he and Kevin Ayers did an album together
This is one of the timelines for you, albeit unfinished.

E8CF5595-9204-4AAF-A428-FF85CD58A2DE.png

David Gilmour - David Gilmour (1970)
Blues Rock - Rock

Tracklist:
Side One:

1. Wind Up (in Jail)
2. Ballad of a Drunkard
3. A Narrow Way
4. Cocaine Blues
5. Fat Ol' Bugger
6. Just Another Pub

Side Two:
1. Please Wait
2. Miss Susie
3. You Don't Remember Me?
4. Hungover
5. The Corrosion of a Man

Main Personnel:
David Gilmour - Lead Vocals and All Instruments

Additional Personnel:
Syd Barrett - Co-lead vocals on Fat Ol' Bugger

View attachment 635841
David Gilmour - David Gilmour (1970)
Blues Rock - Rock

Tracklist:
Side One:

1. Wind Up (in Jail)
2. Ballad of a Drunkard
3. A Narrow Way
4. Cocaine Blues
5. Fat Ol' Bugger
6. Just Another Pub

Side Two:
1. Please Wait
2. Miss Susie
3. You Don't Remember Me?
4. Hungover
5. The Corrosion of a Man

Main Personnel:
David Gilmour - Lead Vocals and All Instruments

Additional Personnel:
Syd Barrett - Co-lead vocals on Fat Ol' Bugger
Who wrote the lyrics? Gilmour usually needs help in that department.

chinese democracy axl rose.jpg

Axl Rose - Chinese Democracy (2002)
Hard Rock - Rock
Tracklist:
1. Chinese Democracy
2. Madagascar
3. This i Love
4. Better
5. Slikworms
6. If The World
7. Shackler's Revenge
8. Street Of Dreams
9. Catcher in The Rye
10. Sorry

POD: in 1996, Axl Rose has left the band, Guns N' Rose to start his own solo project, named "Chinese Democracy"

Last edited:
paul  mccartney.jpg

Paul McCartney - Secret Friend (1981)
Synth-pop - Distributed By MPL & Mute Records

Tracklist:
1. Secret Friend
2. Mr H Atom
3. You Know I'll Get You Baby
4. Bogey Wobble
5. All You Horse Riders
6. Blue Sway
7. Check My Machine
8. Frozen Jap
9. Darkroom
10. Temporary Secretary
11. Summer's Day Song
12. Front Parlour

POD: in 1980, Paul McCartney had abandoned his own solo project, McCartey II when re-signed with Parlophone. he was signed with Mute Record.

The Beach Boys - Rendezvous (1969)
56AB3C85-604D-4945-98E8-4A9C4DAF40E1.jpeg

Produced By: The Beach Boys

Side 1:
1. Do It Again (B. Wilson/Love)
2. Walkin’ (B. Wilson/Jardine)
3. My Little Red Book (Bacharach/David)
4. A Time To Live In Dreams (D. Wilson/Kalinich)
5. Mona Kana (D. Wilson/Kalinich)
6. Old Man River (Kern/Hammerstein)
7. Cotton Fields (Ledbetter)

Side 2:
1. We’re Together Again (B. Wilson)
2. Sail Plane Song (B. Wilson/C. Wilson)
3. I Went To Sleep (B. Wilson/C. Wilson)
4. Time To Get Alone (B. Wilson)
5. Walk On By (Bacharach/David)
6. Old Folks Home/Old Man River (Reprise) (Foster/Kern/Hammerstein)
7. Can’t Wait Too Long (B. Wilson)

Singles:
Do It Again b/w Wake The World
(#1 UK / #20 US)
Time To Get Alone
b/w Bluebirds Over The Mountain
(#23 UK / #52 US)
Can’t Wait Too Long
b/w We’re Together Again
(#12 UK / #19 US)

“Rendezvous (1969) is the follow up to the 1968 Friends LP from The Beach Boys. The album shows considerable involvement from Brian Wilson, and despite the production being credited to the band as a whole, Brian is firmly in charge here. Rendezvous keeps with the home-grown style and lo fi vibe of the bands previous album while also feeling fresh and new. Highlights include the UK #1 hit Do It Again, Wilson’s whimsical sonata Time To Get Alone, and the Good Vibrations esq Can’t Wait Too Long. This LP isn’t one to miss”
- Rolling Stone Magazine (1969)

“We’re very happy with this one, Brian especially. We all feel comfortable with this album and hope the public does too. We’re still in the studio working now so keep an eye out for another release later this year maybe”
- Carl Wilson (1969)

“I was looking for a spot to shine and on Friends and Rendezvous Brian started giving me those opportunities. I wasn’t fully satisfied or content, but I was happy. Over the next few albums I would finally get what I had been wanting for the last few years. We all owe a lot to Brian, especially me”
- Dennis Wilson (1978)

“This next one has always been a favorite of mine. First released on our great Rendezvous album in ‘69. I wasn’t too happy with Brian’s original arrangement so I went back a little later and made it my own thing. Low and behold it became a smash hit overseas. Written by Huddie Ledbetter, here’s Cotton Fields!”
- Al Jardine (1993)

“I like that one but I feel that some of the songs could’ve used some more work, I wish I had spent some more time on them but there were deadlines to meet. I’m particularly fond of Time To Get Alone.”
- Brian Wilson (2006)

Rendezvous was really our last 60s album, even though it technically wasn’t. Do It Again was as much a goodbye to surf music as it was a return to it. We were very happy with the result of that single, it’s still in our live sets today.”
- Mike Love (2012)

Last edited:
The Beach Boys - Reverberation (1969)
976ABE01-5788-4FBD-BB90-B4F83F9F7434.png

Side 1:
1. Soulful Old Man Sunshine (B. Wilson/Henn)
2. I’m Going Your Way (D. Wilson)
3. Deirdre (Johnston/B. Wilson)
4. Celebrate The News (D. Wilson)
5. Loop De Loop (B. Wilson/C. Wilson/Jardine)
6. Forever (D. Wilson/Jakobson)

Side 2:
1. Slip On Through (D. Wilson)
2. Be With Me (D. Wilson)
3. Got To Know The Woman (D. Wilson)
4. All I Wanna Do (B. Wilson/Love)
5. San Miguel (D. Wilson/Jakobson)
6. Break Away (B. Wilson/Dunbar)

Singles:
Break Away b/w Celebrate The News
(#32 US / #6 UK)
I’m Going Your Way b/w San Miguel
(#24 US / #15 UK)
Soulful Old Man Sunshine b/w Susie Cincinnati*
(#6 US / #3 UK)

“To round out the year, The Beach Boys have delivered the Reverberation LP. A fine collection of tracks that will surely give you your much needed Beach Boys fix. The efforts of brother Dennis shine on this album, with such tracks as Slip On Through, San Miguel, and Forever. Other highlights include the beautiful All I Wanna Do, the accomplished single Break Away, and the preppy and fun Soulful Old Man Sunshine. A worthy follow up to Rendezvous? Possibly. Will it hold us through till the next Beach Boys release? You bet. Make sure to pick up Reverberation, a worthy gift from The Beach Boys just in time for the holidays.”
- Rolling Stone Magazine (1969)

“I’m overjoyed with the material I put into this album. We all put in a lot of work but I’m especially proud of myself. I’m gonna try my hardest to continue working as hard as I can. You should all be excited for what’s to come with our next release.”
- Dennis Wilson (1969)

“Coming up next is the big hit out of California, currently climbing the charts across the country! Here’s The Beach Boys with Soulful Old Man Sunshine!”
- Don Steele (KHJ Los Angeles) (1970)

“Well we did Rendezvous and then Reverberation, kind of silly isn’t it? Two albums with Rs at the start right after each other. Anyway, I wasn’t too happy with them at the time but looking back now I think they’re fine. I was getting into other things at the time and starting to lose focus.”
- Brian Wilson (1976)

“I was very much against putting out Soulful Old Man Sunshine as a single, but the public proved me wrong. We were all shocked at the result, especially myself. Our biggest hit in the US since Good Vibrations, it doesn’t seem real. Don’t get me wrong, I love the song and I’m happy that we still play it to this day. It’s just funny looking back and seeing how wrong I was”
- Carl Wilson (1988)

“If I could change anything it might be my lead on Loop De Loop. To this day I can’t stand it. I love the album, but that song still bugs me.”
- Al Jardine (1998)

“All I Wanna Do is the seminal song from that album for me. That song represents everything myself and my cousin Brian were trying to express at that time. I would give anything to be back at the sessions for that song, even just for five minutes.”
- Mike Love (2012)

“Deirdre was my first big shot with the group and I’m glad that it was. That song will always hold a special place in my heart. Besides that one, I’ve always been a fan of Dennis’s Be With Me, a great sound on that track.”
- Bruce Johnston (2019)

The Beach Boys - Add Some Music (1970)
6219ba37-db86-4392-afe7-4b215851c762-png.647993

Side 1:
1. This Whole World (B. Wilson)
2. Add Some Music (B. Wilson/Knott/Love)
3. Susie Cincinnati (Jardine)
4. Fallin’ In Love (D. Wilson)
5. Tears In The Morning (Johnston)
6. Our Sweet Love (B. Wilson/C. Wilson/Jardine)

Side 2:
1. Good Time (B. Wilson/Jardine)
2. Games Two Can Play (B. Wilson)
3. When Girls Get Together (B. Wilson/Love)
4. HELP Is On The Way (B. Wilson)
5. I Just Got My Pay (B. Wilson)

Side 3:
1. Big Sur (Love)
2. Back Home (B. Wilson/Norberg)
3. Take A Load Off Your Feet (B. Wilson/Jardine)
4. Carnival (trad. arr. by The Beach Boys)
5. At My Window (Jardine/B. Wilson)
6. Cool Cool Water (B. Wilson/Love)

Side 4:
1. Seasons In The Sun (Brel/McKuen)
2. Where Is She (B. Wilson)
3. Sweet And Bitter (B. Wilson/Goldberg)
4. Lookin At Tomorrow (Jardine)
5. It’s About Time (D. Wilson/Burchman/Jardine)

Singles:
Add Some Music (To Your Day) b/w Back Home
(#52 US / #48 UK)
Cottonfields (The Cotton Song)* b/w The Nearest Faraway Place*
(#84 US / #5 UK)
This Whole World
b/w Games Two Can Play
(#41 US / #17 UK)
It’s About Time b/w Tears In The Morning
(#19 US / #23 UK)
Seasons In The Sun
b/w Sound Of Free*
(#22 US / #7 UK)

It’s been almost a year since the last Beach Boys release, but this years delivery has been well worth the wait. 1970 has given us a plethora of great albums, but Add Some Music (An Album Offering From The Beach Boys) is truly the gem of this fall. The group surprised their fans by making this years release a double LP, something unfamiliar to The Beach Boys. Add Some Music is packed with everything you could want from the quintessential California rock band. From the lighthearted silliness of the Brian tracks to the ballads and rockers provided by Dennis. Speaking of Brian Wilson, the eldest Wilson brother is out in full force on this LP. Receiving writing credits for 14 of the albums 22 songs. Despite that, the full group effort can be felt all over this album. The Beach Boys continue to prove that they are a tight and coercive unit, capable of making creative and successful music. This years album offering from The Beach Boys is most certainly their best effort since Pet Sounds. Don’t let this year pass without adding some music to your day.”
- Rolling Stone Magazine (1970)

“We recorded so much music this past year that we felt it was only right to let the fans hear as much of it as possible. Thankfully our new label was comfortable with us releasing a 4-sided album, I think it’s a great start to our tenure with them. We’ve also had some great results from our singles this year, the group as a whole is very pleased.”
- Mike Love (1970)

“I went from mostly a whole album to only a few tracks in the length of one year. It didn’t really bother me that much, but it certainly pushed me to work harder. Add Some Music is definitely a great album, but my favorite? I don’t know. The jury’s not out on that yet.”
- Dennis Wilson (1978)

“I had a lot of fun working on Add Some Music, we all did actually. It was a lot of work but the pay off was great. That’s probably my favorite album of ours.”
- Al Jardine (1988)

“Yeah it’s a good album, maybe too long though. I worked my ass off for that one. In the end I felt accomplished, but it had taken a lot out of me. I wouldn’t get that back for some time.”
- Brian Wilson (1996)

“I’d been a fan of the group for awhile by that point. In ‘66 I went through my Pet Sounds obsession but then stopped listening to them for a bit. By ‘70 I was in a different headspace and Add Some Music really appealed to me. Brian’s work at the time definitely had an influence on some of my solo efforts around then too. Sometime in 1976 I visited Brian at his house and we listened to the album together, it was a really sweet moment.”
- Paul McCartney (2004)

“When I first bought the album I think I played the opening track 6 or 7 times in a row. I couldn’t get enough of it. Still can’t to this day. Add Some Music is far and away my favorite Beach Boys album.”
- Colin Larkin (Quantone Music) (2020)

Attachments

• 6219BA37-DB86-4392-AFE7-4B215851C762.png
    6219BA37-DB86-4392-AFE7-4B215851C762.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 2,205
Last edited:
The Beach Boys - Add Some Music (1970)
6219ba37-db86-4392-afe7-4b215851c762-png.647993

Side 1:
1. This Whole World (B. Wilson)
2. Add Some Music (B. Wilson/Knott/Love)
3. Susie Cincinnati (Jardine)
4. Fallin’ In Love (D. Wilson)
5. Tears In The Morning (Johnston)
6. Our Sweet Love (B. Wilson/C. Wilson/Jardine)

Side 2:
1. Good Time (B. Wilson/Jardine)
2. Games Two Can Play (B. Wilson)
3. When Girls Get Together (B. Wilson/Love)
4. HELP Is On The Way (B. Wilson)
5. I Just Got My Pay (B. Wilson)

Side 3:
1. Big Sur (Love)
2. Back Home (B. Wilson/Norberg)
3. Take A Load Off Your Feet (B. Wilson/Jardine)
4. Carnival (trad. arr. by The Beach Boys)
5. At My Window (Jardine/B. Wilson)
6. Cool Cool Water (B. Wilson/Love)

Side 4:
1. Seasons In The Sun (Brel/McKuen)
2. Where Is She (B. Wilson)
3. Sweet And Bitter (B. Wilson/Goldberg)
4. Lookin At Tomorrow (Jardine)
5. It’s About Time (D. Wilson/Burchman/Jardine)

Singles:
Add Some Music (To Your Day) b/w Back Home
(#52 US / #48 UK)
Cottonfields (The Cotton Song)* b/w The Nearest Faraway Place*
(#84 US / #5 UK)
This Whole World
b/w Games Two Can Play
(#41 US / #17 UK)
It’s About Time b/w Tears In The Morning
(#19 US / #23 UK)
Seasons In The Sun
b/w Sound Of Free*
(#22 US / #7 UK)

It’s been almost a year since the last Beach Boys release, but this years delivery has been well worth the wait. 1970 has given us a plethora of great albums, but Add Some Music (An Album Offering From The Beach Boys) is truly the gem of this fall. The group surprised their fans by making this years release a double LP, something unfamiliar to The Beach Boys. Add Some Music is packed with everything you could want from the quintessential California rock band. From the lighthearted silliness of the Brian tracks to the ballads and rockers provided by Dennis. Speaking of Brian Wilson, the eldest Wilson brother is out in full force on this LP. Receiving writing credits for 14 of the albums 22 songs. Despite that, the full group effort can be felt all over this album. The Beach Boys continue to prove that they are a tight and coercive unit, capable of making creative and successful music. This years album offering from The Beach Boys is most certainly their best effort since Pet Sounds. Don’t let this year pass without adding some music to your day.”
- Rolling Stone Magazine (1970)

“We recorded so much music this past year that we felt it was only right to let the fans hear as much of it as possible. Thankfully our new label was comfortable with us releasing a 4-sided album, I think it’s a great start to our tenure with them. We’ve also had some great results from our singles this year, the group as a whole is very pleased.”
- Mike Love (1970)

“I went from mostly a whole album to only a few tracks in the length of one year. It didn’t really bother me that much, but it certainly pushed me to work harder. Add Some Music is definitely a great album, but my favorite? I don’t know. The jury’s not out on that yet.”
- Dennis Wilson (1978)

“I had a lot of fun working on Add Some Music, we all did actually. It was a lot of work but the pay off was great. That’s probably my favorite album of ours.”
- Al Jardine (1988)

“Yeah it’s a good album, maybe too long though. I worked my ass off for that one. In the end I felt accomplished, but it had taken a lot out of me. I wouldn’t get that back for some time.”
- Brian Wilson (1996)

“I’d been a fan of the group for awhile by that point. In ‘66 I went through my Pet Sounds obsession but then stopped listening to them for a bit. By ‘70 I was in a different headspace and Add Some Music really appealed to me. Brian’s work at the time definitely had an influence on some of my solo efforts around then too. Sometime in 1976 I visited Brian at his house and we listened to the album together, it was a really sweet moment.”
- Paul McCartney (2004)

“When I first bought the album I think I played the opening track 6 or 7 times in a row. I couldn’t get enough of it. Still can’t to this day. Add Some Music is far and away my favorite Beach Boys album.”
- Colin Larkin (Quantone Music) (2020)
These posts are really interesting. What's your POD for this one?

These posts are really interesting. What's your POD for this one?
Nothing too specific. IOTL, After the Friends album Brian took a bit of a step back and as a result the 20/20 album had less Brian involvement than the past albums. My original intention was to make a follow up to Friends that was more Brian led. After doing that I decided to continue on with making alt albums how I figured they would follow up that Brian led early 1969 album (Rendezvous). I’ve made alt tracklist all the way up to the late 80s so I have plenty to post.