Better US Army Weapons/Equipment in WW1

That's the thing, the US is doing 'small wars' tha t teach different lessons, with MOUT or Fighting In Someone's House, than large set pieces with thousands.
In thus TL, they learn about the ACW, but have moved on to the expected US Battles, small units against other small units, and do better with lots of portable firepower- as was needed in Cuba in 1898
More 6mm Lee and .351SL can be carried than 30-40Krag or 30-03. The Lee is flatter shooting and more accurate, while being a fast straight pull action than the Turnbolt Kragen or the Mauser with the serials filed off, Springfield.
Lots of nations were fighting smaller wars as well and more of them than the United States and yet none of them devolved down from Company to individual fireteams as the manoeuvre unit before 'Wipers'

I doesn't work for me - maybe a Platoon evolution where you have a scout/bomber squad with a mix of grenadiers and M1907 armed men, then 2 rifle squads with a couple of Grenade cup equipped rifles, then finally a Machine gun squad with a pair of LMG (Lewis?) teams and ammo bearers/runners.

The Lees are fine guns, I always wondered why straight pulls were not more popular?

I am not so sure about the Model 1907 though, I appreciate that its a bit of a Darling on AH.com

For rifle and hand grenades in WW1, wasn't the US using mostly French or British made?
they tried for a version of the VB grenade, but ended up using the Babbitt system.
it was a rod type, similar to the early british models.
Babbitt1.jpg

It's not impossible. All that's needed is a request to toss a HE Bomb farther than the best pitcher could toss a hand grenade: and likely to be far more accurate, as well.
And every other power in the world at the time went “okay, Rifle Grenades”.

It's not impossible. All that's needed is a request to toss a HE Bomb farther than the best pitcher could toss a hand grenade: and likely to be far more accurate, as well.
No. It actually requires a lot more. The concept of a counter-blast recoilless weapon, the perceived tactical need, the engineering skills to develop a working device.
Unlikely, as Entente still needs what the neutral US is selling.

Russian grain and oil is cut off.

If the French and British are having a fire sale on securities, there are US buyers out there.
Sigh. I suggest you study the historical attempt to 'cash out'. The outflow of gold would have trashed the US economy, which was already in recession in 1914. And while the Entente needed to purchase 'stuff' from the USA, having the gold and not having to rely on the US controlled banking system would make them far more able to dictate terms.

I take it you've accepted the idea of a revolver firing the .351 carbine round is ridiculous then?

marathag

Banned
And every other power in the world at the time went “okay, Rifle Grenades”.
And how is the Us different from most other cultures?

BIGGER

and MORE of it

after all, almost every Machine Guns dates back to US Citizens, even if they couldn't interest the moribund Army at the time

And how is the Us different from most other cultures?

BIGGER

and MORE of it

after all, almost every Machine Guns dates back to US Citizens, even if they couldn't interest the moribund Army at the time

So you think it’s rational for the US military to jump from rifle grenades to a totally untested reloadable recoilless launcher on a whim?

No,

Why aren't there any 60mm mortars in common service?
RPGS took over for the shorter range engagements.
More Explosives, and more accurate, with a lighter weapon system
Did you just argue there are no 60mm mortars in common service?

marathag

Banned
No. It actually requires a lot more. The concept of a counter-blast recoilless weapon, the perceived tactical need, the engineering skills to develop a working device.

Sigh. I suggest you study the historical attempt to 'cash out'. The outflow of gold would have trashed the US economy, which was already in recession in 1914. And while the Entente needed to purchase 'stuff' from the USA, having the gold and not having to rely on the US controlled banking system would make them far more able to dictate terms.

I take it you've accepted the idea of a revolver firing the .351 carbine round is ridiculous then?
1. But not impossible, as before. Goddard had an Ur-Bazooka in 1918

2.So what does the Entente do when the US is an economic wasteland, and gets no ammo, no food and no horses in 1915?
Doesn't look promising as the Shell Crisis hits. But they weren't stupid, and didn't pull evry ounce of Gold from NY

3.Actually,, all pistols are ridiculous for Army service. Really. They just don't matter
Just here you have a trusted, reliable revolver design, that can take the same ammo as another squad, and solves the
'Too puny to stop hopped up Moros' that 38 Long Colt had from the recent Army experience, yet in areas where Moros
are scarce, can use that lesser ammo, so NCO and Offices can get the ego boost of wearing a Big Iron on their hip

marathag

Banned
I'd like to see you try to shoot an RPG two kilometers.
And how many 60mm Mortars were hitting anything at 2k accurately?

2nd, RPGs are set to detonate well before maximum range if shot off at 45 degrees, 900m

60mm just aren't Squad level weapons, that's a Company level support weapon
Each squad won't be humping a 60mm around.
They can carry RPGs

And how many 60mm Mortars were hitting anything at 2k accurately?

2nd, RPGs are set to detonate well before maximum range if shot off at 45 degrees, 900m

60mm just aren't Squad level weapons, that's a Company level support weapon
Each squad won't be humping a 60mm around.
They can carry RPGs
You're moving the goalposts now. You just said 60 mm mortars weren't in common service anymore.

not at all.
I've been taking about Squads with some references to support weapons at the Company level.
Not many 60mm for each Squad for any TOE I'm aware of
When have mortars ever been used as squad level weapons? RPGs are infantry antitank weapons, not for company-level indirect fire support.
so what goalpost moving was there?
Why aren't there any 60mm mortars in common service?