These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Sounds like Canada had its own version of the Trail of Tears- whereabouts is the First Nations Reserve? On the subject of First Nations, Sherman's OTL middle name is conspicuously absent- what happened with Tecumseh in this timeline?
It's probably just what Canada did in OTL but on as larger scale and with more whites involved since there's more settler's here. Without 1812 Tecumseh is probably a nobody here so that might explain it, that or just butterflies.

tq68pV1.png
Welcum all tu the nueli maid American langgwij (calld "American Simplifyd Íngglish" by the eevil Íngglish Émpyr) offical in the United States ov America and now canen!

(Forgive me if I am butchering ASE. I don't fully understand the rules yet)

Last edited:
Welcum all tu the nueli maid American langgwij (calld "American Simplifyd Íngglish" by the eevil Íngglish Émpyr) offical in the United States ov America and now canen!

(Forgive me if I am butchering ASE. I don't fully understand the rules yet)
It ain't a proper totalitarian regime until you've made yourself a Newspeak, Yv ulwys sed!

Not gonna lie, at first I thought you made an April Fool's joke without checking the calendar.:p Are you gonna redo this post in ASE too?
She just did.
M3K4kAa.png

...PLEES STAND BY FOR A MECIJ FROM HIS ÉXELENSSI, CHAIRMAN LARRI HOGAN...
...Thiss is an Imurjensi Braudcast from the Presidénshel Paless, Cincinnati...

Good Eevning.

As y noa meni ov ue ar awair, the past week and a haf has been a tuemúltueess tym for our Ripublic.
Our énemies hav bicúm nuemeruss. The forsses ov sidition and treesen hav fild our streets, harmd
ínecent Americans, and harmd countless biznesses.

Our cuntri wos bilt on the prinsipls ov Freedem. Freedem ov Speech, Freedem ov Acembli, Freedem
ov Wurship. It has aulways been my pursenel goal, the President’s goal, and the unbroaken chain ov our
guvernment’s goal bak tu Hamelten himself tu see that thees ryts ar protécted and difended for
all Americans.

Oaver the past fue days, the sidíshuss, forren-bakd treesenuss élements that ly withín thiss cuntri,
in evri siti, in evri naiberhood, has burst forth from thair hiden dens and taiken tu the streets.
Thees ar not Amerricans. Thay ar not peessfulli acembling. Thay ar unlawful seditionists, urjd by
forren forsses tu rys up tu distroy our way ov lyf, tu distroy our Amerrica.

Y plej tu ue, the American Peepl, that thiss dicision wos not taiken lytli. The President has synd
of on thiss mezher, and the Speeker ov the Houss has indicaited hi shal not opoas thiss mezher. In
adition tu the reecentli impoasd curfue, y am now diclairing a Stait ov Imurjensi tu now igzist in our
Grait Ripublic. All public activities bitween the ours ov 5PM River Standerd Tym and 8AM River
Standerd Tym hav been suspénded. The Hoamland Difenss Act has been áctivaited, and controal ov
the United States Militerri has now passd under direct controal ov the Privi Counsel. Y hav now
instructed the 3rd Airborn Division tu bee diployd tu Colúmbuss tu ristor order tu that siti.

Y urj all law-abyding residents tu rispect thees nue ruuls. Thay wil bee tempererri, and wi shal not bee
difeeted. The forsses ov sidition and treesen wil bee difeeted! Wi can, and wi must, triyumf.

And tu thoas hu seek tu distroy our way ov lyf, distroy our America. Ue wil fail. Wi ar cuming for ue.
And wi wil fynd ue.

Long Liv our Grait Ripublic!

...This has been an Emergency Broadcast from the Presidential Palace, Cincinnati...
You didn't translate the last line and are you going to redo the picture too?

Would there be periodic updates to American Standard English if the pronunciation of a word or group of words were to shift and change throughout the country?

PNWKing

Banned
Why does "American" sound so much like f--ed up Dutch? This interests me because most of New Netherland looks like it would be in New England.

Why does "American" sound so much like f--ed up Dutch? This interests me because most of New Netherland looks like it would be in New England.
Manhattan at least is American, though you are right I’d guess the majority of the population of New Netherlands is in the current New England. So Dutch influences of New England English would make sense. Unless for some reason ITTL New Netherland was more westerly focused and actually settled the Delaware valley?