As for the coat of arms im still looking for someone doing it
I've had a look at your original request (I was busy with a ton of others when it was posted, so didn't respond at the time).
Here's some ideas: on the shield the sword from the Batavian CoA (or maybe a keris/kris?) with the wreath from around the Surakarta CoA and with the Hamengkubuwono monogram (from the Yogyakarta CoA) on it too; above the shield the crown from the Surakarta CoA with the wings from the Yogyakarta CoA around it; as supporters either two lions as for Batavia or one lion and something else more Javanese/Indonesian (your choice, if it's something I can find or make easily - maybe a bull for the banteng?); the motto either the Batavian one or the OTL Indonesian Bhinneka Tunggal Ika?
Is that the sort of thing you want?

I've had a look at your original request (I was busy with a ton of others when it was posted, so didn't respond at the time).
Here's some ideas: on the shield the sword from the Batavian CoA (or maybe a keris/kris?) with the wreath from around the Surakarta CoA and with the Hamengkubuwono monogram (from the Yogyakarta CoA) on it too; above the shield the crown from the Surakarta CoA with the wings from the Yogyakarta CoA around it; as supporters either two lions as for Batavia or one lion and something else more Javanese/Indonesian (your choice, if it's something I can find or make easily - maybe a bull for the banteng?); the motto either the Batavian one or the OTL Indonesian Bhinneka Tunggal Ika?
Is that the sort of thing you want?
Yes that would be amazing though i want to keep a symbolic dutch and javanese rule over the country so keeping the sword would mean the dutch are equal to the javanese and for the animals hmm a bull/banteng would be great or a more indonesian choice would be a komodo dragon as a supporter and a dutch lion on the other side as for the motto i dunni ehat do you think suits best?

In either ways im excited to see your work on it ^^

Last edited:
This may be a weird one, but can someone make a flag for the Southern 13 Colonies if they where still loyal to the British?
1618082640200.png

Initial thought was the flag of British America defaced by a palmetto (the symbol of South Carolina--maybe it applies to the whole of the South?)

There are 5 not 13 though. Did you mean the southern (5) colonies of the 13 Colonies instead?
A bit nitpicky but I wasn't sure if you meant there was a southern version with 13 colonies of its own.

"southern 13 colonies" probably meant as the "southern part of the 13 colonies" and not "the 13 colonies in the south"

Can someone make some alternate Confederate States national flags replacing the Blood Stained Banner (example: a Blood Stained Bonnie Blue flag) just be creative. Might use it for me TL

Can someone make some alternate Confederate States national flags replacing the Blood Stained Banner (example: a Blood Stained Bonnie Blue flag) just be creative. Might use it for me TL

There was some pdf showing various proposals for CSA flag. Not sure if I can find it on short notice but that would be a good place to start with.

For some time, I've been building and rebuilding an alternate Earth, and the map does play a part in the story of this world. Here is the blank of this alternate Earth. (Image is too big to post, even in a spoiler.)

Before you ask, Greenland is still here, just rearranged so far northwards that Mont Forel, its highest point, is the North Pole. My commission is for a full elevation relief map of this alternate Earth, and the presented blank has cut down the instruction list. They are all presented in this edited map for maximum clarity (to the best of my skill...)

As for budget, I don't have a fix, though the highest I've been charged was $180. If you can also do an additional map on ocean currents and another one on climate, then I'll pay you extra. Thank you for your time.

This one is based on an historical proposal meant to replace the first national flag following issues on the battlefield with the confederate and union flags looking too similar. To move further away from the US flag, the person who made the proposal wanted to drop the stars and intended for the number of rays to reflect then number of member states.

csa-sog.png

Last edited:
I was over in the Flag Challenge thread, and I did not read the rules carefully. After winning a cycle, the winner has to sit out the next cycle. So, I have this backstory and flag all set up, and it was suggested that I post it over here. I offer this as free use for anyone that wants it. Use just the flag, or the flag and the backstory, whatever you want.

The Mexicayotl Dominion

In the early 1500s, the Spanish began to establish a presence in Mesoamerica. They had found the Caribbean islands easy to overrun, they had experienced success in Florida, and so they turned their sights on the stronger indigenous tribes of southern Mexico and Central America. What they found astounded them. There was a diversity of tribes that organized themselves into territories ruled by fantastic cities. Most of the cities at this time paid tribute to Tenochtitlan, the capital of the strongest tribe in the area. While there were riches to be had everywhere, Tenochtitlan was the jewel coveted by Cortes.

At first, the Spanish were allowed to land and trade. The Aztecs were curious, and they sought to learn. The Spanish and the Aztecs had very different ideas about the limits of Spanish dominion, and in 1518 Cortes executed a handful of Aztecs to punctuate this disagreement. The Aztecs responded with an attack that was repelled by superior Spanish weaponry. The Spanish wanted to press the advantage, and knew that a handful of cities were unhappy paying tribute to Tenochtitlan. They approached the rulers of those cities with a plan to lure the warriors of Tenochtitlan out for a fight, whereupon the allied indigenous tribes would attack the less defended city. Several cities agreed to this plan, and Cortes marched his men and cannons inland.

Meanwhile, the ruler of Huejotzingo, one of Cortes's allies, had turned on Cortes and informed Moctezuma II of the plan. The emperor told the ruler of Huejotzingo that in return for his loyalty, he could have whatever he wished, as ruler of his city. The ruler of Huejotzingo asked that Moctezuma release all of the cities from tribute, if they would side with Tenochtitlan against the Spanish. The emperor agreed. Cortes and his men were ambushed as they made their way toward what they assumed was an unsuspecting Tenochtitlan.

Cortes begged the emperor to spare his men. Moctezuma told Cortes that the men would be given a chance to live, but Cortes would pay for the lives that had been taken. Cortes was brutally executed. Moctezuma then told the remaining men that they could teach his people to create cannons and guns, or they could join in Cortes's fate.

Moctezuma kept his promise to the other cities and released them from tribute. Together, they swept across the entire area, down into modern day Panama and up into southern Mexico, subduing and assimilating the other tribes and cultures. By 1540, the Mexicayotl Dominion had been firmly established. One other thing that Moctezuma appropriated from the Spanish was the idea of a flag. The original design has been altered several times over the centuries, and the empire has been replaced by a sort of hybrid republic system, but the main elements of the flag remain. The tri-colored bands represent Tenochtitlan, the other Aztec cities/tribes, and the Maya, who joined the empire peacefully, negotiating membership rather than resisting. The blue represents the sky and the water, encompassing all that is. The main sigil on the flag is a stylized representation of Queztecoatl, the standard of the emperor.

cae.png

Last edited: