As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I don't Metro-Media has produced any childern shows. All the kids shows on SBC were acquired form other companies. Since Metormedia hasn't produced any kids shows I don't think metro media should start a 24 hour network.

Yeah, Metromedia doesn't have that much of a portfolio of in-house kids' properties.

If Gulf & Western is buying Marineland, would it be possible for them to also buy the site of M&D's?

Marineland hasn't found any buyers yet.

It seams that the chance of building a themepark in scottland are high. Who will build it. I feel the best bets builders are Six Kings , and gulf Turner, Gulf and Western andthe virign gorup ( They have no themepark experince otll but they bought the wiabli group in the oringal american magic) . Less likely candites include Disney (They pefer buidlign parks in warmer climates were they can open year round) Universal ( They had an interst in building in london)

PNWKing

Banned
Who's going to buy the Walibi Group ITTL? That's the company @Goldwind2 was referring to. He misspelled it, so I couldn't find it because autocorrect wanted "Viable Group" and then I remembered it might have been Walibi. Is it going to be Virgin Group (like the original American Magic), Six Kings, Gulf & Western, Turner, or even Coca-Cola? Also is RKO's arrangement with Universal predicated on them serving Coke at the parks?

Who's going to buy the Walibi Group ITTL? That's the company @Goldwind2 was referring to. He misspelled it, so I couldn't find it because autocorrect wanted "Viable Group" and then I remembered it might have been Walibi. Is it going to be Virgin Group (like the original American Magic), Six Kings, Gulf & Western, Turner, or even Coca-Cola? Also is RKO's arrangement with Universal predicated on them serving Coke at the parks?
Here are some more suggestions for people to buy out the Walibi Group.

1 Cedar Fair
2 Parques Reunidos
3The Tussauds Group (They merge with someone else OTL to form Merlin)
4 The Looping Group

Below are less likely contenders
1 Club Med
2Thomson Travel Group (Merged with someone to form TUI)
3Park Resorts
4Kuoni Travel
5Grupo Marsans
6Accor S.A.

Any one have any other ideas for companies that could bu out Walibi

Entertainment News for August 1987
President Iacocca confirms he will run for a second term.
- The Washington Post

Donald Wildmon [1], ordained minister and chairman of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television [2], is under hot water after it was revealed he has been harassing and sending threatening letters to multiple teen heartthrobs for the past two years. During a sermon televised on the CBN Cable Network, one young man in particular that was the target of Wildmon's incoherent squealing was Ilan Mitchell-Smith, due in part to scenes absent in the theatrical cut but reinstated in home video release of Universal's 1985 comedy Weird Science.
- CBS Evening News

Rolf Harris arrives in America with a lucrative record deal from the newly minted Miramax Records.
- The New York Times

Antonio Prohias, the Cuban-born creator of Spy vs. Spy, retires from MAD Magazine after 27 years, citing health issues.
- Variety

[1] IOTL, he was head of the American Family Association who caused Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures to be cancelled over a quick scene in "The Littlest Tramp."
[2] The slightly renamed Americans for Responsible Television after Ronald Reagan's failed presidential campaign.

Donald Wildmon [1], ordained minister and chairman of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television [2], is under hot water after it was revealed he has been harassing and sending threatening letters to multiple teen heartthrobs for the past two years. During a sermon televised on the CBN Cable Network, one young man in particular that was the target of Wildmon's incoherent squealing was Ilan Mitchell-Smith, due in part to scenes absent in the theatrical cut but reinstated in home video release of Universal's 1985 comedy Weird Science.
- CBS Evening News

[1] IOTL, he was head of the American Family Association who caused Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures to be cancelled over a quick scene in "The Littlest Tramp."
[2] The slightly renamed Americans for Responsible Television after Ronald Reagan's failed presidential campaign.
So, without his influence, will Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures run past one or two seasons? Because it's looking more and more likely for that to be the case.

I was going to comment on the changed name, but Roger Redux practically did the work for me on this.

So, you can pretty much trace any modern-day fart joke ITTL back to this semi-aptly-titled company. I am not surprised by this revelation, even though I should be.
Yeah, but then again, this is a self-proclaimed "moralist" organization that is proud to waste resources on giving a dude unnecessary grief over a harmless scene or two with him wearing blue bikini briefs and getting teased for it by a meathead big brother with only a towel on.

PNWKing

Banned
So I had this idea. In the 1990s, there was an Addams Family cartoon in which the Addams Family lived next door to a family called the Normanmeyers who were obsessed with being normal and with underwear. Would it be possible for this cartoon to be made earlier, perhaps in 1987 as one of Fox's premier children's shows, produced by Grantray-Lawrence.

So I had this idea. In the 1990s, there was an Addams Family cartoon in which the Addams Family lived next door to a family called the Normanmeyers who were obsessed with being normal and with underwear. Would it be possible for this cartoon to be made earlier, perhaps in 1987 as one of Fox's premier children's shows, produced by Grantray-Lawrence.

Sure.

You and @TheFaultsofAlts can both help me with the 1987-88 Saturday Morning lineup if you guys want.

I was thinking of having DuckTales being part of Fox's inaugural lineup.

Not sure what network should have Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theatre, but the English dub will be produced by United Artists.

Sure.

You and @TheFaultsofAlts can both help me with the 1987-88 Saturday Morning lineup if you guys want.

I was thinking of having DuckTales being part of Fox's inaugural lineup.

Not sure what network should have Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theatre, but the English dub will be produced by United Artists.
I know it early but I still wonder how Saban's Power Rangers will do ITTL? Doubt Fox Network will air it since it is own by Disney.

Maybe SBC would air it instead. Also wondering about Saban other live action shows like VR Troopers and Beetleborgs. Would like to help if you okay with it.

Also, any chances of bring Ultraman to Disney so they could complete with MMPR? Long shot and stretch but would be fun to see Ultraman be popular here in the States.

I know it early but I still wonder how Saban's Power Rangers will do ITTL? Doubt Fox Network will air it since it is own by Disney.

Maybe SBC would air it instead. Also wondering about Saban other live action shows like VR Troopers and Beetleborgs. Would like to help if you okay with it.

Also, any chances of bring Ultraman to Disney so they could complete with MMPR? Long shot and stretch but would be fun to see Ultraman be popular here in the States.

It'll be a while before I decide what to do with MMPR, but it'll still reach the US one way or another.

If you don't mind me asking, who succeeded Walt after his death in 1993 in the original American Magic timeline?
Walt's successor in the original American Magic was his nephew Roy E. Disney.

Then after Roy retired there was a revolving door that included Barry Diller and Jerry Bruckheimer before Zack Snyder took over towards the end of the TL.

Around the same time Zack Snyder took over the Disney company, Sam Register hopped on board to oversee the animation assets.

I remember that Addams family cartoon. I had an idea for Addams Family halloween speical set in that Cannon. The Addams Landry machine breaks down shortly before halloween so they go to the Landry mat. The addams leave in find out that landry mat machines cleans clothes instead of driting so they leave in huff and die to wash their clothes by hand in the swamp. On the way back home the Addams landry fall out of there car and lands in an underwear themed haunted house run by the Normanmyers. The Addams Landry is filled with monster bugs that cause that ends up scary all the haunted house vistors. The Addams find out that thier landry is missing and track it down to the normamyers haunted house. The normanmyer are initially angry at the Addams when they find out that the addams landry cause so much havok at there haunted house. But they the mayor comes in and give Mr Normanmyer the prize for best haunted house in town. Thus Mr normanmyer sheeply ask gomez if he can borrow this landry next halloween