As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Here's the updated Disney animation outlook...

Oliver and Company
Release: Thanksgiving '87
Produced by Walt Disney Classic Animation

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Release: Summer '88 (20th Century-Fox)
Produced by Grantray-Lawrence Glasgow, Amblin Entertainment and Richard Williams Animation

The Land Before Time
Release: Thanksgiving '88

DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
Release: Summer '89
Produced by Grantray-Lawrence Glasgow

The Little Mermaid
Release: Thanksgiving '89

Last edited:
Here's the updated Disney animation outlook...

Oliver and Company
Release: Thanksgiving '87

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Release: Summer '88 (20th Century-Fox)
Produced by Grantray-Lawrence Glasgow, Amblin Entertainment and Richard Williams Animation

The Land Before Time
Release: Thanksgiving '88

DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
Release: Summer '89
Produced by Grantray-Lawrence Glasgow

The Little Mermaid
Release: Thanksgiving '89
Will this pattern of "Summer from the lesser studios, Thanksgiving for the main division" persist through the 90's? Because if so, I can see numerous opportunities for an increased Disney workflow.

Techically, HB already had a Toronto office IOTL under the name of Canimage Production: http://www.alivingdog.com/Antonucci_.html
So, what you're saying is that...

-Danny Antonucci met and worked alongside Tex Avery.
-Ed, Edd, n Eddy could very well be labelled as a Hanna-Barbera production instead of being A.K.A. Cartoon's magnum opus.
-An earlier Nicktoons Network should be in the cards to incorporate both the old and the new animated works that The Jim Henson Company owns.

I have mixed opinions about those three revelations, to say the least.

PNWKing

Banned
Would it be possible for CMJ to license shows to Turner?
For that matter could Metromedia launch their own kids' network?

Cosgrove Hall and Aardman will still exist ITTL, but Scotland will most likely be home to satellite offices of the major American and Canadian studios. Right now, the Glasgow office of Grantray-Lawrence is working on Who Framed Roger Rabbit with Richard Williams. After that, their next project is DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Nelvana is opening a Scottish branch too, except in Edinburgh. Their first projects will be Babar and the Adventures of Tintin with Ellipse Programme.

As for Hampden Park, the seating bowl is much closer to the soccer pitch, so high-profile track and field events will instead shift to an expanded Meadowbank in Edinburgh for the time being. The floor space at Hampden will be the appropriate size for the occasional Celtic/Rangers match, Champions League, Euro Cup or the World Cup. But it'll still be big enough for rugby union & league, plus American Football and maybe WrestleMania.

IOTL it seems that the Universal London park was scuttled by environmental concerns. Should it be indoors? Would Milton Keynes be a better place, or could there still be somewhere adjacent to London where a park could work? Maybe the OTL site of the 2012 Olympic Stadium and current home of West Ham United?
Good to hear about Scotland getting something good in animation.

About the Universal Park, I recond the Milton Keynes might be a good location now you mention it. Speaking of Theme Parks, in the original TL it's said that M&D's in Scotland is replaced by something better, I wonder with many things being animated in Scotland over the next few years that the park will see several things licenced out there?

With the Universal Park in London, apart from the cloned rides such as Kong and Jaws, wonder what differences the park will see compared to the others? That is if the park is built here.

Good to hear about Scotland getting something good in animation.

About the Universal Park, I recond the Milton Keynes might be a good location now you mention it. Speaking of Theme Parks, in the original TL it's said that M&D's in Scotland is replaced by something better, I wonder with many things being animated in Scotland over the next few years that the park will see several things licenced out there?

With the Universal Park in London, apart from the cloned rides such as Kong and Jaws, wonder what differences the park will see compared to the others? That is if the park is built here.

Where exactly in or adjacent to Milton Keynes would be a good spot for a park?

Would it be possible for CMJ to license shows to Turner?
For that matter could Metromedia launch their own kids' network?
I don't Metro-Media has produced any childern shows. All the kids shows on SBC were acquired form other companies. Since Metormedia hasn't produced any kids shows I don't think metro media should start a 24 hour network.