We already see how Japan is taking a different path from 'ultra-militarist-rampage': it's nibbling around the edges, seeking relatively small ways to expand its power (viz, by taking Indochina). This is still the era of colonialism, after all; there is absolutely no contradiction between being a democracy and being an aggressive imperialist, especially in the Third World, and Japan is an honourary member of the Western club.
Problem is, sooner or later, they're gonna run into the issue most of that area is already claimed by various other powers. In OTL, it's one of the reasons why Japan was somewhat given a free hand in China at Versailles, because well, if they couldn't expand there, their alternatives were pretty limited.

Problem is, sooner or later, they're gonna run into the issue most of that area is already claimed by various other powers. In OTL, it's one of the reasons why Japan was somewhat given a free hand in China at Versailles, because well, if they couldn't expand there, their alternatives were pretty limited.
And this will lead to interesting times ITTL, rest assured!

You are right- he wouldn't technically have a number. However, since Otto is five years old at this point, Maximilian will be running the empire for thirteen years (and he'll likely be a power behind the throne for far longer). Maximilian was winning the war while Otto was playing with lead soldiers, as it were. So Maximilian is, for all intents and purposes, the emperor- the fourth Habsburg emperor named Maximilian. Thus, calling him "Maximilian IV", even though it's technically cheating, makes sense (and it's likely how he'd be referred to in practice by the common people).

TL;DR: Since Maximilian is really running the place, he de facto gets the number.
OK, I would make clear the fact that this is an unofficial style, thought, I do not think he can sign the papers are Emperor or Maximillian IV.

I always wanted to say this.
As I understand, Ireland is a independent Germany aligned nation.(Chapter 7 third quote, says “King Ioachim I University”. I think that Ioachim I is the Kaiser Wilhelm II’s youngest son, Joachim who killed himself OTL, but I am certain he lived enough to be crowned as King of Ireland.) I am curious about one thing about it. Is Ireland unified with Ulster(or Northern Ireland as some people refer to it)?

I always wanted to say this.
As I understand, Ireland is a independent Germany aligned nation.(Chapter 7 third quote, says “King Ioachim I University”. I think that Ioachim I is the Kaiser Wilhelm II’s youngest son, Joachim who killed himself OTL, but I am certain he lived enough to be crowned as King of Ireland.) I am curious about one thing about it. Is Ireland unified with Ulster(or Northern Ireland as some people refer to it)?
A most interesting question-- and one which will be revealed in due time! The answer would contain too many spoilers for me to reveal it just yet......

Agreed; unless the British Empire simply falls apart/collapses in on itself the way France did (which allowed Japan to take Indochina), Japan will have to keep looking to China for more territory. But that's not really something they're against, and as previously-mentioned, there's at least one Great Power willing to partner with Japan in cutting China up further: the Russian Empire.

And yes, TTL's world is absolutely much more conservative. I tend- and this is just my personal view, your mileage may vary- to see OTL's 1918 as one of the 'great' turning points of history, ending a period with roots dating back to the Middle Ages. The Habsburgs had been 'things' since before Columbus discovered America in one form or another, the Hohenzollerns had been around since 1526- and one could even make a case that the semi-federalised nature of the German Empire descends from the Holy Roman Empire, and that the Austro-Hungarian Empire was a successor state of the HRE, etc. Wikipedia has a great family tree showing how it all goes back to Charlemagne. Now, Woodrow Wilson ripped all that up in 1918, and introduced republicanism to Germany+Austria... this was then reinforced after WWII with a helping of communism in the East. So, modern OTL Germany is obviously really shaped by its historic past, but the whole monarchical tradition is dead. Germany's national borders are kind of artificial, drawn up to suit the needs of the Allies in '45. If you dropped a German from 1914 into today's Germany, he'd be horrified. "What happened to East Prussia? Half Russian, half Polish? Why does Poland have so much of the ancient Junker lands-- where Prussia began after all!" Pretty much only the Austro-German and Czech-German borders are rooted in pre-World War I history (except for the Low Countries and Schleswig-Holstein, and of course Switzerland). What I'm getting at here is, modern Germany was forcibly disconnected from its past, both in terms of monarchical tradition and borders.
(snip)
Really good analysis.

Your mention of Prussia reminds me of one thing, though: does a Polish minority persist in Germany proper and the Border Strip? Will the Poles who were deported be able to come back?

I hope ttl georg friedrich prince of prussia is a bit better then the otl equivalent who is just suing historians and wanting stuff back that the ddr took from him. I hope in ttl german politics will be a bit less corrupt and that lobyism isnt such a huge problem as it is now.
I also kinda think the polish border strip is a bit large cuz it seems cities like lodz are in it and so on 😅

I hope ttl georg friedrich prince of prussia is a bit better then the otl equivalent who is just suing historians and wanting stuff back that the ddr took from him. I hope in ttl german politics will be a bit less corrupt and that lobyism isnt such a huge problem as it is now.
I also kinda think the polish border strip is a bit large cuz it seems cities like lodz are in it and so on 😅
"One hundred years ago today, the Russians capitulated and signed the articles of their defeat. It was our nation's greatest hour, and we have fought ferociously to defend what it meant- the heroes of this city know that all too well. May our children's children's children reflect in a hundred years that we defended the Treaty of Dresden well!"
- Kaiser Gustav I, in a speech in Konigsberg, 11 November 2016
Chapter 13's last quote is made by Kaiser Gustav I. Which means, probably, no Georg Friedrich.

"One hundred years ago today, the Russians capitulated and signed the articles of their defeat. It was our nation's greatest hour, and we have fought ferociously to defend what it meant- the heroes of this city know that all too well. May our children's children's children reflect in a hundred years that we defended the Treaty of Dresden well!"
Chapter 13's last quote is made by Kaiser Gustav I. Which means, probably, no Georg Friedrich.
Another post mentions a Kaiser Wilhelm IV, which I assume refers to OTL Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, who got removed from the line of succession in 1933 for having a morganatic marriage. Said marriage clearly would have been butterflied if he succeeded his father as King of Prussia and German Emperor.

"Their children, born in the 1940s and 1950s, would know no such confusion- they were as German as Kaiser Wilhelm III and IV. In the year 2021, the people of Lüttich- not Liege- and Baistun- not Bastogne- speak no more French than the people of Königsberg."

Agreed; unless the British Empire simply falls apart/collapses in on itself the way France did (which allowed Japan to take Indochina), Japan will have to keep looking to China for more territory. But that's not really something they're against, and as previously-mentioned, there's at least one Great Power willing to partner with Japan in cutting China up further: the Russian Empire.
I think we can safely say that whatever else comes their way, Britain won't be totally collapsing just yet.
Russian- and indeed Japanese- activities in China will be heavily influenced by the forthcoming Russian Civil War.
Really good analysis.

Your mention of Prussia reminds me of one thing, though: does a Polish minority persist in Germany proper and the Border Strip? Will the Poles who were deported be able to come back?
Why thank you!
Aah, this matter is something I've given thought to. Unfortunately, the answer is 'no'. The Junkers want the Border Strip for themselves and they've got the guns and money. As such, the Kingdom of Poland has rather a high population density (certainly higher than OTL's interwar Poland). I assume this will have adverse impacts on living conditions. Something interesting might be if down the road, the Poles seek redress for this historical grievance through protest. But that wouldn't come for decades.
No DDR means that Georg Friedrich (who does exist in TTL) won't have to worry about that.
Yes, the Polish Border Strip is rather large... but then, so were the OTL plans for it. I also wanted to give something of a nod to asthetics.
Kaiser Gustav is obviously ficticious. He's a descendant of Wilhelm IV, who without OTL's Battle of France, lived a longer and happier life. He took power in 1951 after Wilhelm III's death, and if I had to guess, I'd say he would pass away in the late Eighties or early Nineties. Gustav is a TTL descendant of his.

However, Prince Louis Ferdinand still exists in TTL, living between 1907 and 1994, and Georg Friedrich still exists- though as a mere cousin of the Kaiser he's not exactly at the top of the succession queue.
Another post mentions a Kaiser Wilhelm IV, which I assume refers to OTL Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, who got removed from the line of succession in 1933 for having a morganatic marriage. Said marriage clearly would have been butterflied if he succeeded his father as King of Prussia and German Emperor.

"Their children, born in the 1940s and 1950s, would know no such confusion- they were as German as Kaiser Wilhelm III and IV. In the year 2021, the people of Lüttich- not Liege- and Baistun- not Bastogne- speak no more French than the people of Königsberg."
In TTL, Wilhelm IV's marriage wasn't an issue. Wilhelm II disapproved in OTL for fear that it would put Germans of the Thirties off the idea of a monarchist restoration. Without restoration being an issue in TTL, Wilhelm IV was able to get his grandfather's blessing.

Indeed! As a monarchist myself, I'm glad to be able to craft a TL where wish fulfillment and realism go hand in hand.
Holy shit TR died? That's going to create anti-Mexican sentiment for many years, maybe even decades.
Indeed! Sadly, I do think anti-Mexican sentiment will be stronger in the US ITTL. You can read the story of TR's death here, in chapter 25.

Thanks to the mods for axing the poll.
Incidentally, how does one delete a poll so I don't have to keep spamming with the report button, for future reference? (Asking a general audience; anyone's welcome to answer, not just a mod)

Thanks to the mods for axing the poll.
Incidentally, how does one delete a poll so I don't have to keep spamming with the report button, for future reference? (Asking a general audience; anyone's welcome to answer, not just a mod)
Unless AH.com uses a very different version of Xenforo to Spacebattles (not impossible, AH.com can ignore threads and SB can't), then there isn't a way. Gotta ask a mod.

Dear Readers,
A question for you all. If you go back to chapters 1, 2, and 3, you'll see I've played around with the layout slightly in terms of quote, caption, and title formatting. My question is: would you like to see this extended to all the updates? Do you find it more aesthetically pleasing than what's currently in use?

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Dear Readers,
A question for you all. If you go back to chapters 1, 2, and 3, you'll see I've played around with the layout slightly in terms of quote, caption, and title formatting. My question is: would you like to see this extended to all the updates? Do you find it more aesthetically pleasing than what's currently in use?

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

TBH, it looks fine to me either way.