Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

oops, used the wrong reference, should be good now

unknown.png
any chance we could get a legend? it's a little confusing to navigate if you don't know the state names already

Crazy Boris

Banned
any chance we could get a legend? it's a little confusing to navigate if you don't know the state names already
I will be making labelled versions of these maps eventually, but not at the moment.

unknown.png

Here's a new one, January 272, Start of Aurelian's campaign against Zenobia (might not actually be January but I think it is, specific dates during the crisis are not exactly easy to find)

1618346091784.png

Ottoman Vilayet, Sanjak and Kaza's.
Some stuff to note:
-It was mostly done by overlaying, except for in The Balkans.
-Some areas are missing Kaza's, but I don't have anything on them.
-Everything that is de jure Ottoman is added for maximum coverage
-It's syntax is probably inaccurate, but the borders are %95 correct.
-In Southeastern Anatolia, Ankara and Sivas, there's some alignment issues.
-Some borders may not fit the common borders but they were off in the Q-BAM, I'm like %90 sure.
-Libya's desert borders are a bit arbitrary, but it shouldn't be an issue.

I plan on adding egypt next.

Source: Here

Hope you guys enjoy!

Amazing map! But I have some stupid questions to ask. Stupid questions such as:
Is that the Thuringii?
The Angles are still in the Angeln peninsula?
If you mean the Green, those are Saxons. If you mean the blue, those are Bavarians. The Thuringii have been absorbed into the Frankish state by now.
And yeah they are, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes migrated in waves but never fully left, at least until the Jutes and Angles disappeared as a distinct ethnic group in Jutland

1250bc_Q-BAM_lime.png

Not quite perfect, but a rough map of the political situation in the Near East circa 1250-1200 B.C. based on Ian Mladjov's resources.
  • Terracotta red-brown are the Ahhiyawa, or Mycenaean Greeks. Borders between wanax realms are not shown here - the situation among the Greeks in this period is varyingly interpreted as a group of closely-related independent palatial states, or a decentralized single realm under a high king.
  • Tan is the Kingdom of Hattusa/Hittite Empire. Vassal realms in southern Syria and western Anatolia are not distinguished here.
  • Lime-green is Lycia, home to the Lukka tribes and independent of long-term Hittite control.
  • Orange (in Cyprus) is the Kingdom of Alashiya, an independent state controlling Cyprus before its brief conquest by the Hittites. The exact territorial span and degree of centralization of Alashiya is currently unknown, though while this territorial extent is somewhat speculative, outside texts use the name to refer to the entirety of Cyprus.
  • Gold is Egypt in the New Kingdom period, ruled by the 19th Dynasty.
  • Teal is Assyria, currently in a state of ascension at the expense of the neighboring Hittites and Babylonians. The title "King of Kings" was first employed in this period by Tukulti-Ninurta I (r. 1243-1207 B.C.).
  • Vermillion red is Babylon/Karduniash in the late stages of its rule by the Kassite Dynasty.
  • Deep blue is Elam, currently in a state of conflict with Kassite Babylon (which it will eventually go on to annex).

Attachments

• 1250bc_Q-BAM_lime.png
    1250bc_Q-BAM_lime.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 1250bc_Q-BAM_lime.png
    1250bc_Q-BAM_lime.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,926