Status
Not open for further replies.
The western is more vulnerable, but it would probably be covered by dense minefields.

Unless the dutch expect a quick german victory and never mobilize their forces. The western netherlands are close to britain and the reds should have gained some experience in portugal. The dutch quickly surrendering without a fight could be one of the big fucks ups on ATL western front.

Unless the dutch expect a quick german victory and never mobilize their forces. The western netherlands are close to britain and the reds should have gained some experience in portugal. The dutch quickly surrendering without a fight could be one of the big fucks ups on ATL western front.
The thing is, they aren't stupid enough to not mobilise and a landing will be quite hard because the coastline is ideal for mines. So it will have to be done overland, and that means crossing inundations which limits any sort of offensive. Of course, the Reds could go for strategic bombing of major cities to try to force a surrender, but because they are communists, that will be harder than it was for the Nazis.

The thing is, they aren't stupid enough to not mobilise and a landing will be quite hard because the coastline is ideal for mines.

The french crossing the ardennes is even less likely. Some german supply lines will be there and they will be guarded. ATL WW2 should start with some minor border skimishes on the franco german border and not with a french ultimatum.

The German Century 1925.png

The World in 1925 after World War I and the fall of the British Empire.

Please let me know if there's any detailes to fix.

Last edited:
View attachment 633705

The World in 1925 after World War I and the fall of the British Empire.

Please let me know if there's any detailes to fix.
View attachment 633711

The World on May 9th 1940, the day before the start of World War II.
They're absolutely amazing! It's much better quality than the previous maps. But I have a few issues:

1. What in the Lord's name happened to Ecuador? It never looked like that.
2. White Ruthenia's eastern border is based on the Dnieper and Daugava rivers.
3. Corsica is part of the French Republic based in Algeria.

If you can fix these errors, then the maps would be perfect.

They're absolutely amazing! It's much better quality than the previous maps. But I have a few issues:

1. What in the Lord's name happened to Ecuador? It never looked like that.
2. White Ruthenia's eastern border is based on the Dnieper and Daugava rivers.
3. Corsica is part of the French Republic based in Algeria.

If you can fix these errors, then the maps would be perfect.
Fixed, about Ecuador... its border with Peru was a mess until the 1941 war and the Rio Protocol so it was complicated to decide where to place it, I hope it looks better now.

Fixed, about Ecuador... its border with Peru was a mess until the 1941 war and the Rio Protocol so it was complicated to decide where to place it, I hope it looks better now.
Oh, and I forgot a few more:
1. The French-German border looks weird and not exactly right.
2. The French Southern and Antarctic Lands are German.
3. The Belgian border looks weird as well. It only extends to Dunkirk.
4. Communist France has by 1940, negotiated the return of Upper Savoy from Switzerland.

4. Communist France has by 1940, negotiated the return of Upper Savoy from Switzerland.
You reduced France to the Atlantic, now we'll have German Penguins ... okay, I'll fix it tomorrow.

Fixed

Hoping for a Hero
Hoping for a Hero
With the loss of all the German and allied territory west of the Rhine, the German government found itself in severely hot water. “How could anyone mess this up?” was the biggest question in the Reichstag. In the halls of German democracy, there were shouts and arguments over who was to blame. In one explosive speech, SPD Leader Arthur Crispien laid out his criticism of the government:

“Mr. Speaker, it seems that I have not been clear enough! Then let me leave no doubt about my feelings regarding Von Papen’s future as Chancellor. Owing to his years of incompetence, we find him personally responsible for leading this nation ruinously unprepared to face the present Communist peril! We are at war, Mr. Speaker, at war. And leaving aside whether he is fit to be a leader in peacetime, he has proved himself incapable of leading us in wartime!

Therefore, in the national interests, we in the Opposition, are willing to enter into a national alliance with the ruling coalition government, so-called. But not, and I stress NEVER, under the leadership of Von Papen who has lost the confidence of this chamber.

In the country’s interest, man, resign! Step down and let us find a new leader!”

From that moment on, Von Papen knew that his time was up and someone else should take his place. In a dinner attended by important government ministers, the choice was made to elect Hitler as the new Chancellor. It was a natural thing since foreign ministers were usually one step below the Chancellery. Once he got the top job, Hitler refused any chances of negotiations ad

When Hitler met Wilhelm at his palace, the Kaiser advised him to form a campaign of resistance. Hitler soon meant serious business when he told both his ministers and the Reichstag in his first speech:

“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalog of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”

HitlerRadioSpeech.jpg

Hitler delivering a speech through the radio, Late 1940

On November 5, the American people went to the polls to elect a new president. On one side was the Democrat John Nance Garner, with Henry Wallace as his VP partner. A Southern conservative partnered with an Iowa progressive seemed like a good choice in beating the GOP if they were to have the chance to win.
On the Republican side was the young and rising star Quentin Roosevelt, a senator from New York who became Vice President under Hoover & son of the Bull Moose himself. His VP pick was Charles McNary to help appeal to both the North and the Midwest, hoping to maximize their gains.

The greatest issue at the beginning of 1940 was the rising specter of war in Europe while another one was unfolding in China. The biggest question of would the United States be involved in a war on opposite sides of the world was raging in people’s minds. Isolationists wanted America to stay out of war just like last time when Europe blasted itself to ruins, but the Interventionists wanted to do everything they can to safeguard America’s security against any foreign threats.

In the election race, Garner was a convinced isolationist who saw no reason for America to be involved in Europe while Roosevelt was the opposite in which he advocated sending assistance to nations in danger of becoming and fighting communist aggression. When war broke out in May, the debates and rhetoric heated up with both candidates sharply doubling down on their positions.

Thanks to a mixture of name recognition, much-needed charisma, and popular support for the GOP, Quentin Roosevelt managed to win the election. This was due to most of the population slowly being convinced that communist aggression was a likely threat.

ZjJnsmf.png

Quentin Roosevelt, US President (1941-)

A Union of Equals

On the 1st of December, the two republics of Spain and Portugal unified together to form the Iberian Federation. It had been a long process since 1938 after the invasion & exile of the Portuguese monarchy when Republicans and leftists from both countries came together to unify the Iberian Peninsula. Nevertheless, it took 2 years of negotiations to iron out the differences with the creation of the federation’s constitution.

Some of its provisions included the equal balance of Portuguese and Spanish in government, regional autonomy for those that seek it, reserved seats in the cabinet for both Spaniards and Portuguese, etc. Although there were some vocal oppositions to the unification, they were promptly purged by the government who labeled them ‘crypto fascists’ for hampering the revolution.

a3dV9Ft.png

The regions of Iberia

flag_iberian-union_for-joriz-castillo_fgv3-png.638785

The flag of the Iberian Federation

Last edited:
Reichkanzler Adolf Hitler... somehow, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

Onward, German Reich! Shall the Prussian Eagle fly tall and proud above the roofs of Paris, Moscow and London!

Hitler's first action will need to be to get Danube Federation, Ottoman Empire, Sweden, Italy, and the other nations into the fight.

See if he can also obtain the commonwealth realms into the fight as well. Canadian and Anzac troops can be used in africa to protect the French

Hitler's first action will need to be to get Danube Federation, Ottoman Empire, Sweden, Italy, and the other nations into the fight.

See if he can also obtain the commonwealth realms into the fight as well. Canadian and Anzac troops can be used in africa to protect the French

Eastern Europe, Finland and Scandinavia surely will join when Stalin gets his Red Army to move.

Intresting to see what is non-Nazi Hitler's politics. Actually should had guess that Hitler will has important role on TTL.

Eastern Europe, Finland and Scandinavia surely will join when Stalin gets his Red Army to move.

Intresting to see what is non-Nazi Hitler's politics. Actually should had guess that Hitler will has important role on TTL.
Hitler wasn't a Junker aristocrat, so I think he'd be very egalitarian and working-class minded over most of those in the German right, while a devoted nationalist elsewhere.

Hitler wasn't a Junker aristocrat, so I think he'd be very egalitarian and working-class minded over most of those in the German right, while a devoted nationalist elsewhere.
Aka someone whom folks who are not familiar with OTL history would consider a good choice for a Chancellor leading a Wartime Grand Coalition.

Status
Not open for further replies.