An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

Just read through this and definitely like it so far.
With the Boleyn family, hopefully they can get out in time because this is going to turn ugly real fast. George was always said to be pretty intelligent so I can already guess he’s looking for a way out but I’m sure that Anne can get a prestigious position with Charles as he had with Henry if not better.

Just read through this and definitely like it so far.
With the Boleyn family, hopefully they can get out in time because this is going to turn ugly real fast. George was always said to be pretty intelligent so I can already guess he’s looking for a way out but I’m sure that Anne can get a prestigious position with Charles as he had with Henry if not better.
I don't know yet if any Boleyns besides Anne are leaving England. We'll see...

Yeah morganatic marriages are a matter of custom not religious law so the pope wouldn’t have a say in that- it’s all Charles. Ironically, I think they have a far enough away common ancestor they wouldn’t need a papal dispensation but likely a blessing of their marriage and a reassertion of the primacy of a marriage witnessed by the church over a secular betrothal contract- there’s not even a marriage by proxy to get around!

Yeah morganatic marriages are a matter of custom not religious law so the pope wouldn’t have a say in that- it’s all Charles. Ironically, I think they have a far enough away common ancestor they wouldn’t need a papal dispensation but likely a blessing of their marriage and a reassertion of the primacy of a marriage witnessed by the church over a secular betrothal contract- there’s not even a marriage by proxy to get around!
Yes but the objective is it not being a morganatic marriage

I don't know yet if any Boleyns besides Anne are leaving England. We'll see...
George would go - he and Anne were close growing up and into their 20s - and Mary would take the first chance to go "fuck this shit, I'm out!" as soon as she could if OTL is any indication.

I'm sure George could find himself a good position in Spain.. Perhaps as say, Viceroy of Sardinia or Catalonia, as well as finding a local noblewoman to marry..

I'm sure George could find himself a good position in Spain.. Perhaps as say, Viceroy of Sardinia or Catalonia, as well as finding a local noblewoman to marry..
Not sure that he would be welcome. The iberians were rather territorials and did not like Charles bringing strangers to important posts. The brother of a english woman who married the king of spain rather than a proper iberian infanta? No, I don't think George would be a sucess.

Not sure that he would be welcome. The iberians were rather territorials and did not like Charles bringing strangers to important posts. The brother of a english woman who married the king of spain rather than a proper iberian infanta? No, I don't think George would be a sucess.
True enough, but if he proves himself competent he'd be preferable to some old Burgundian

He would be at the level of the Germans/Burgundians of Charles‘ entourage and, once he will become uncle of Charles’ heir, he will be an highly desirable son-in-law for most of the Spanish nobles

I still dont know the fates of many characters, so we'll see what happens to George, if he ever manages to leave and find his way to Charles' court.