Alternate warships of nations

I really think the Colt Potato Digger is highly overrated...^1

^1 The damn thing worked very well, STRD. It just "looked peculiar". If the Marlin mod had gone through, as planned, it would have been one of the three best aircraft machine guns of WWI.

As for "excellent pistols", I nominate the Nambu Type 94 automatic pistol in 8 mm, or the Glisenti Model 1910 and/or the Mars pistol. Those three pistols are just fantastic, much better than the Nagant revolver.

And how about the Ross Rifle?
As a smart traitor I'm not going to risk outing myself by adopting "new" weapons that are worse than those already in service. Rather I'll stick with what the army already has which is fine but rather long in the tooth by the 1930s (and more importantly not adopt any LMG to supplement them).

The various large French DDs seem perfect to push for the acquisition of if you're a traitor since they're largish and very fast and thus look impressive to the average Joe and politician, not too cheap to buy and operate and aren't all that more combat effective than much smaller and cheaper ships let alone the equivalent number you could procure and operate instead

Last edited:
I am working on a game based on this at the moment, does anyone with more experience wish to help? I have a good grasp on the writing angle, but may struggle with running a game.

For the LMG and again convince the War Office lubricated ammunition is unneeded.

1615734856910.png

McPherson

Banned
As a smart traitor I'm not going to risk outing myself by adopting "new" weapons that are worse than those already in service. Rather I'll stick with what the army already has which is fine but rather long in the tooth by the 1930s (and more importantly not adopt any LMG to supplement them).
Since one is using the Chauchat, one can argue that replacing it with a Marlin-Colt Browning IS an improvement. Now the Breda M1930 might be considered instead? It works... sort of.

Since one is using the Chauchat, one can argue that replacing it with a Marlin-Colt Browning IS an improvement. Now the Breda M1930 might be considered instead? It works... sort of.
According to a video I saw the Chauchat wasn't as bad as it's reputation says it was, but it needed to be handled carefully...

I said existing designs that were either built or ordered historically. But I suppose a bit of mix and match could be allowed so long as the resultant ship is still clearly derived from such a ship.

That being said for the traitor order how about a Soviet Soyuz class with German engines, and Italian guns with Italian made shells

Let's see. This ship:
  • Has terrible armour plating
  • Is not getting anywhere
  • Has very good guns but they shoot all over the place
Sounds like this thing might even be worse than HMS Captain.

And in honor of it's obvious inspiration and history it will be christened the "Kamchatka" :)

Just add Japanese damage control and we'll see about that.

Well, we are making a Frankenship aren't we? ;)
One way of putting it :)

Or Japanese AA.

Oh yes! Let's add two 46cm "Anti-Aircraft" turrets, (I did NOT get the size wrong) so we can take out whole squadrons with one shot! :)
(Not that they would likely hit :) )

Randy

And in honor of it's obvious inspiration and history it will be christened the "Kamchatka" :)
Don't name it that. All the navies of the world would mutiny if they got a ship with that name.

On the other hand, they'd certainly spend a lot of money on secondary guns for use against TBs. :)

Your navy decides that Britain was right before WWI and that mixed coal and oil burning boilers are the best option.

No, no... They decide that Britain and everyone else is WRONG and that straight coal is the only viable fuel option. (And that's only because almost no one will buy your argument for sticking with sails and oars :)

Don't name it that. All the navies of the world would mutiny if they got a ship with that name.

Well that's a bonus under the circumstances isn't it? :)

On the other hand, they'd certainly spend a lot of money on secondary guns for use against TBs. :)

"Secondary" purpose for those huge "Anti-Aircraft" guns don't you know. If a 46cm "shotgun" round will clear a whole squadron of aircraft out of the sky then it should work wonders on a bunch of speeding Torpedo Boats! Aim? We don't need to "aim" just fire off a couple barrels to either side and no more problem... Or allies, or support ships, maybe not even a port or two.... there MIGHT be some collateral damage involved... Maybe...

Randy

No, no... They decide that Britain and everyone else is WRONG and that straight coal is the only viable fuel option. (And that's only because almost no one will buy your argument for sticking with sails and oars :)
You can actually make a reasonable sounding argument in favour of a mixed fuel boiler between the wars as a way to ensure that you actually have fuel available if your country has any coal mines of its own while still being able to pour on the oil for high speed steaming.