Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

I wonder how an early white peace with Great Britain has affected the Kriegsmarine and the ships it was developing at the time for Plan Z, as well as the success of Carriers in the Pacific war

So how exactly did French West Africa end up in Allied control? Wasn't that part of Africa under Vichy until the Allied landings, which IIRC, doesn't happen in this timeline due to the 1940 peace deal?

Last edited:
So how exactly did French West Africa end up in Allied control? Wasn't that part of Africa under Vichy until the Allied landings, which IIRC, doesn't happen in this timeline due to the 1940 peace deal?

The idea was it was seized later on when instability gripped the region, maybe the late 1940s. Bit vague I know but it's been a while since I thought about it.

Interestingly, according to German Wikipedia, if Britain was unwilling to give up any of its territory in the event of an Axis victory "France would also have to assign large parts of French West Africa to Germany: the majority of Niger, Upper Volta, the Ivory Coast and parts of Mali south of the Niger Arc, possibly also all of Senegal, Guinea and Madagascar ."

Interestingly, according to German Wikipedia, if Britain was unwilling to give up any of its territory in the event of an Axis victory "France would also have to assign large parts of French West Africa to Germany: the majority of Niger, Upper Volta, the Ivory Coast and parts of Mali south of the Niger Arc, possibly also all of Senegal, Guinea and Madagascar ."

I'd imagine that after signing the peace treaty, Britain probably took over the French global possessions before they could be handed off to Germany and put them under Free-French authority. I imagine this would involve buying local Vichy officials, backing Free French rebels and annexations.

The Reich would probably be too busy fighting the USSR (which I understand to have taken about 3 years to subdue) to really divert it's attention to try and stop British machinations in Africa (an afterthought in the Nazi ideology when compared with Hitlers dreams of shackling the East to Germany) and Hitler probably wouldn't want to risk re-starting the war with the British Empire if he'd managed to knock them out initially.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Whatever happened to St. Pierre and Miquelon? Liechtenstein?
IIRC the former is now under the protective custody of Canada, while the latter was brought under the heel of the Third Reich. Switzerland has the option to re-establish it should Germany be dismantled or liberated from within.

TWR_USSR_Teaser.png

news_events.png

TWR_USSR_Teaser.png

news_events.png
Full honesty, I legitimately prefer the current build, with Zhukov and his B-team after he dies being my favorites to play. Beria's death is IMO just the right degree of black comedy for the situation, and his being in charge makes sense given his OTL role and to explain why the USSR is still such a mess.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
In the new setup Suslov looks like the only halfway decent leader to come out of the power struggle. Bulganin wants to postpone communism, Beria is Beria and I hope his current death in-game remains possible in some form or another after the rework. and Turkenich... well, Turkenich doesn't look too bad at all.

That said I'm still going to seek to reunify the Sovier Union with Zhukov's clique.

Full honesty, I legitimately prefer the current build, with Zhukov and his B-team after he dies being my favorites to play. Beria's death is IMO just the right degree of black comedy for the situation, and his being in charge makes sense given his OTL role and to explain why the USSR is still such a mess.

I feel that. The gallows humor with Beria and the unfortunate timing with Zhukov and the B-team are fun aspects of TWR as it stands, honestly.

I feel that. The gallows humor with Beria and the unfortunate timing with Zhukov and the B-team are fun aspects of TWR as it stands, honestly.
I genuinely love whatshisface who's disabled who takes over after Zhukov. That's really the most hopeful path in the whole mod IMO. "Yeah, the country's a bombed-out ruin and we spent a decade being brutalized by our cartoonishly evil dictator and a regime that wanted to exterminate us, the national hero (and first halfway decent leader the majority of the population can even remember) died while inspecting the bombed-out tomb we made of our genocidal enemies' capital, and we're still a military dictatorship...but the dictator is actually trying to fix things, takes criticism without shooting people (if he wants to shoot somebody he has that reserve of NKVD goons to test nukes on and everybody hates the NKVD anyway so fuck them), we're putting the economy, society, and democracy back together after decades of hell, and Comrade Leader is putting together the best health-care system you're going to get in a bombed-out mess of a country."

Like, the USSR is still a hot mess, but it's a hot mess that's run by decent human beings who genuinely want to fix it and there's enough popular will behind them to actually pull it off.

I also seriously hope that any Germany rework keeps the possibility of Heydrich taking over SS Germany, because the path as written where the capstone focus is "living is a reward" really encapsulates the bowel-voiding horror of a country run by a sadistic sociopath with no empathy, no morals, and no motivation save power for power's sake, who's taking over a bombed-out wreck that just got fought over by three branches of a genocidal race-cult regime that the aforementioned sociopath now controls.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
That's him! I love that even in the hot mess of post-Zhukov populist "Yeah we need some kind of democracy but right now we still have Nazis to kill" dictatorship there's at least one guy who actually gives a damn and genuinely helps out of basic human decency.
Sure, DemSoc Canada is fun (albeit a little messy at first with the Montreal Massacre that leads to the snap elections that bring them to power), as is Korea and Japan to an extent, and especially Tito or Djilas reunifying and slightly expanding upon Yugoslavia. And so is taking on the Nazis and winning a decade behind schedule (as Canada, the UK, or Britain anyway), but Zhukov to Pokryshev takes the metaphorical cake, to be honest. Once I get time and work's less of a pain I'll have to try this again and see if the Toronto Accord would be up for Soviet domination liberation of Europe solely by means of their own inaction.

Last edited:
It'd be good if the USSR/Russia could eventually get nuclear weapons, I've done two play throughs where I've reached the Reich's borders, I begin the war and I get nuked. I usually still win because they nuke totally random cities, but being able to fling my own back would be fun.

EDIT: I havent done a Republic of China game, can they acquire nuclear weapons?

Wait, it's possible for the USSR to become a democracy now? I thought it was between flavors of communism and that diumvirate authoritarianism path.

IIRC, Spain acquires Morocco ITTL, how exactly did this happen, as Spain never joined the war IOTL, nor do i recall them doing so here?