Do people want a WIP thread?

• Yes

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah but on all the basemap worldas ive seen that line is the Bolivian brown

In the case where the disputing parties do not have a colour of their own (which is the case for Bolivia and Paraguay is some older maps) the dispute/claim lines are shown in red. While when the country has colour the claims are also coloured the same colour.

Looks like the basemap used by the OP was sort of a mid-point where Bolivia and Paraguay were given distinct colours but no-one had bothered to correct the claims.

bigbusiness.png

made this with some friends

I condensed every Alternate History map that shows modern South America into a single map. Chile is in a weird state, it switches from being independent to part of Peru and then part of La Plata.

1615187500174.png

I condensed every Alternate History map that shows modern South America into a single map. Chile is in a weird state, it switches from being independent to part of Peru and then part of La Plata.

View attachment 631591
Hmm... Let's look at this..

Inexplicable Gran Colombia? check
Argentina eating Uruguay and Paraguay? Check
Chile losing land north but otherwise the same? Check
Monarchist Brazil? Check
Central american fedaration? Check
Peru-Bolivian confederation surviving? CHECK
American Panama, Guyanas the exact same, Islas Malvinas in British Hands? rip
CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

You sir/madam have created the ultimate alternate history South America map. Bravo

(Btw, this post is sarcastic, I do not intend to Insult Drex and/or South American althistories, take this post with a big fat /s)

Also, chile was part of peru? These borders would've been quite interesting then...

Monarchist Brazil? Check
CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

You sir/madam have created the ultimate alternate history South America map. Bravo

(Btw, this post is sarcastic, I do not intend to Insult Drex and/or South American althistories, take this post with a big fat /s)

Also, chile was part of peru? These borders would've been quite interesting then...
Shouldn't there be a Kingdom of Araucania y Patagonia in there somewhere, and maybe a British Tierra del Fuego? :)

Monarchist Brazil? Check
CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

God, I'm planning on doing some of this in my own TL (namely big Argentina and a united Central America, or at least part of it (Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador, specifically)). Have...have I become the very cliche I was aiming to avoid by actually doing something with South America?

*looks mournfully out window, wondering where I went wrong*

God, I'm planning on doing some of this in my own TL (namely big Argentina and a united Central America, or at least part of it (Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador, specifically)). Have...have I become the very cliche I was aiming to avoid by actually doing something with South America?

*looks mournfully out window, wondering where I went wrong*
Hey man, don't worry about cliches. As long as you do it in an original and plausible way, its ok :)
It technically was until Chilean independence, the Captaincy General of Chile was subordinate to the Viceroyalty of Peru, and Chiloé was ruled directly from Lima.
Hmm.. Interesting

I especially like the "land bridge" between the Horn of Africa and India... is that a natural feature or man-made? If the latter, then certainly the Eighth Wonder of the World! :D
Man-made by me in GIMP :)

In all seriousness, I had a friend who wanted to connect the two. He's Indian so I made him the sole ruler of Italy, Africa, and India. I'm sure it would have to be man-made by ancient Atlanteans around the beginnings of the Finno-Korean Hyperwar or something ridiculous.

View attachment 631591
Seems to me people are trying to get away from the whole "nothing happens in South America" thing but still don't actually know what to do with the place.