What if Hitler had served in Imperial German Air force and not the Army

What if Hitler was not in German Army but in fact serves in German Airforce perhaps in a support role . How would that effect things like his relation with Goering and the development of the luftwaffe ?

marathag

Banned
More importantly, how would this affect his anti-semitism?
War didn't seem to directly effect him on that belief, that was after the war was lost seems to be the big influence. I mean it was always there, honestly as it was in many in that era. But none had the end plan in mind like he worked up, on his own.

He's unlikely to have been a pilot.
If his eyesight was good enough Corporal Hitler might have been an observer. They didn't live any longer than pilots. Still if he was in the Air Force it's most likely he would be ground crew or a squadron clerk. Humorous thought, he serves as Goring's Batman.

I was imaging him as ground crew of some type rather than a pilot .

The first thing I can think of is he doesn't get gassed. Does this mean he is more likely to use chemical warfare

The first thing I can think of is he doesn't get gassed. Does this mean he is more likely to use chemical warfare

The thing about 'Hitler got gassed so he objected to using chemical weapons' is largely a myth - the reasons the Germans didn't use chemical weapons in battle in WW2 (except of course for those times they did) were mostly practical. They believed (more or less correctly) that their chemical warfare assets were inferior to the Allies' and didn't want to provoke a retaliation in kind.

What if Hitler was not in German Army but in fact serves in German Airforce perhaps in a support role . How would that effect things like his relation with Goering and the development of the luftwaffe ?

While clumsily flying through the air, Hitler bumps into the plane flown by the man who killed Quentin Roosevelt. This causes the pilot to miss, and Roosevelt kills both his would be killer and Hitler. Roosevelt returns home a war hero. His father's health doesn't decline as rapidly and he is elected President again in 1920, but dies in 1923.