Do you approve or disapprove of the way that Douglas MacArthur is handling his job as president?

• Approve

Votes: 199 72.6%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 75 27.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that Taft also voted in favor of the Marshall Plan and Truman Doctrine, supported the US intervention in Korea, and advocated for the US to defend Taiwan.

Since MacArthur is considered to be conservative with a strong focus on Asia, he probably needs someone from the Dewey wing of the party who is more of an Atlanticist to balance the ticket. Henry Cabot Lodge maybe.
Cool

I think Patton is retired for good unless Mac decides to give Patton his battlefield death by sending him to some advisory role in Vietnam or something. No doubt knowing Patton would want to advise from the front and likely want to go out guns blazing at some VC or other commies. Hell, that would give Mac cassus belli to go into Vietnam/wherever if he wanted to.
Patton in Vietnam.... I wouldn't want to be the Viet Cong's up against him that's for sure

marktaha

Banned
With Taft domestically but too isolationist on foreign policy. His policy would have let Greece fall for legalistic reasons.

What would be the point? There's nothing there, it's tiny, and a fully united SK is much less likely to call for war against China than one that still has a scrap of land it wants to take. Makes more sense to just cut the losses IMO.
If there's no more North Korea what's happening to the leadership? Did the Chinese leave them to rot. Or is their some kind of government in exile going on? I could imagine any NK soldiers who made it to China "volunteering" to go to Vietnam.

I mean if it's Patton then I expect WW3. Having those two guys in charge would lead to nothing but trouble.
It won't be Patton.

I think Patton is retired for good unless Mac decides to give Patton his battlefield death by sending him to some advisory role in Vietnam or something. No doubt knowing Patton would want to advise from the front and likely want to go out guns blazing at some VC or other commies. Hell, that would give Mac cassus belli to go into Vietnam/wherever if he wanted to.
I did at one point consider the idea of having Patton request to join the Foreign Legion explicitly so he could go to Vietnam... figured it would be a bit too silly for what I'm trying to do here, so I won't.

Victory disease. Helluva drug. Nobody opposed him, so he figured he could win no matter what, even against a hero like Patton.
Yep, that's my line of thinking too :)

If there's no more North Korea what's happening to the leadership? Did the Chinese leave them to rot. Or is their some kind of government in exile going on? I could imagine any NK soldiers who made it to China "volunteering" to go to Vietnam.
The NK elite escaped to either China or the USSR (depending on the character involved), where they vanished from the public eye. Most of the remaining NKPA surrendered to SK (a lot of whom are now being purged by Rhee), some of them escaped across the Yalu.
Mao isn't supporting a government in exile - he dragged the war out only because quitting after two months is a worse look than quitting after six, but he doesn't want to be reminded of his failure and a surviving NK would be a very public reminder.

- BNC

I really hope that Patton gets to go out in that blaze of glory, even if it is just idk saving some kid from getting run over by a bus or something

I really hope that Patton gets to go out in that blaze of glory, even if it is just idk saving some kid from getting run over by a bus or something
Hell, have him save some kid in a robbery. One last fight for the old warrior. Bonus points if it's a mutual kill.

I just have this image of him in Dirty Harry 4's robbery, and proceeding to ream the fucks out, saying he's not gonna cower from some peashooter held by a idiot who can't even shave.

Honestly I've spent way too much time thinking about all the different ways I could have Patton die, and now you've given me more! :oops: :p

Same here, it's Patton after all. Having him die in his sleep just feels so wrong
That's one type of death I would never give him.

- BNC

McCarthy’s reputation was in tatters.
He called the General that got into so much trouble by wanting to keep fighting the communists a Communist Agent? Even if Patton didn't have much influence left, one of the things nobody with their right mind can call him is a "Communist Agent". No wonder he crashed and burned. Please keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.