Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Talking about canals, here are various proposed canals in Central and South America:
EDIT 15/05/2021: link is broken, uploading the image directly.
lowrescanalproposals.png

Last edited:
Atlantropa_blocs.png

One of the lesser-known qualities about Herman Sörgel's Atlantropa proposal was one of its additional motivations. He believed that two geopolitical blocs would emerge in the future: America and Pan-Asia. Atlantropa wasn't just an attempt at uniting Europe and assimilating Africa and the Middle east, but to establish a third bloc that would keep the European empires alive and on even footing with the other two.

*Atlantropa base made by zauberfloete21

View attachment 629959
One of the lesser-known qualities about Herman Sörgel's Atlantropa proposal was one of its additional motivations. He believed that two geopolitical blocs would emerge in the future: America and Pan-Asia. Atlantropa wasn't just an attempt at uniting Europe and assimilating Africa and the Middle east, but to establish a third bloc that would keep the European empires alive and on even footing with the other two.

*Atlantropa base made by zauberfloete21
I'm assuming the American bloc would run by the US and the Pan-Asian would be run by Japan.

I must be honest, I have no clue what that is showing.
Different combinations of unified Germany, from the looks of it.

After a quick google, the Doppelbund would have involved a unified small Germany, which was confederated with Austria.

This is the Greater Austria plan. It would have involved expanding the German Confederation to include all of the Austrian Empire.

I assume Red indicates what is in the planned Germany, with other colours indicating other states - pale yellow being Austria, for instance. Multiple colours, I assume, indicate a more confederal Germany.

(Tried to post the picture, but it's too big)
In September 1945, the US Air Force started to analyze how many nuclear bombs would be needed to destroy the Soviet Union's industrial capability, transportation network and telecommunication centers, just in case. This plan was later brought up during the Berlin Blockade, with the intent to bomb Russia should things escalate. Of course, by that point, the U.S. only had about 50 Fat Man-sized bombs and only 35 Silverplate B-29 Superfortresses and few available flight crews. Three B-29 groups arrived in Europe in July and August 1948, and the first Silverplate bombers only arrived to Europe in April 1949, just a month before the Blockade ended.