I often find that maps with the centre on the equator are not sufficient to display the poles, while they can display the rest of the world even in the higher latitudes well.

Has anyone seen an EBAM like this or can they make one? Even a blank equirectangular worlda would be good, but perhaps a 2k map would be ideal, maybe one with rivers/watersheds/topography.

I often change the meridian so equirectangular is important as well as being easy to convert with every mapping software

View attachment 629564

OR

View attachment 629565

OR

View attachment 629566

Yes, yet another commission, I apologize for bothering y’all so much, but I need a better version of this:

View attachment 628586
The arms of the Godwinson House that I drawn, it has the same mantling, crest (Tudor crown) and tenants as the Anglish Coa, only thing that change are that the wyvern In the dexter is of Argent and the one at the sinister is of Or.

The upper left canton is three pallets or in a gules field, the second an argent rose, the under left two lion heads and the under right is a boat over the waves.

All cantons are divided by a cross argent ordinary and in stucheon are the arms of Edward the confessor.

It may look butchered and edited but the app didn’t allowed me to upload it entire.

Thanks!

Something like this?

CoA.png

Yes, yet another commission, I apologize for bothering y’all so much, but I need a better version of this:

View attachment 628586
The arms of the Godwinson House that I drawn, it has the same mantling, crest (Tudor crown) and tenants as the Anglish Coa, only thing that change are that the wyvern In the dexter is of Argent and the one at the sinister is of Or.
The upper left canton is three pallets or in a gules field, the second an argent rose, the under left two lion heads and the under right is a boat over the waves.
All cantons are divided by a cross argent ordinary and in stucheon are the arms of Edward the confessor.
It may look butchered and edited but the app didn’t allowed me to upload it entire.
Thanks!
Here you - based on what I did for you for Angland. Again, I wasn't sure if you would prefer the shield upright or canted, so here's both:
CoA_Godwinson_for-Guatemalan_Nat-Synd_FGv1a_915x650.png CoA_Godwinson_for-Guatemalan_Nat-Synd_FGv1b_924x700.png (as before, click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)

The blazon:
Quarterly Gules; first three bendlets Or; second a rose Argent; third two lions' faces Or langued Gules; fourth a lymphad Proper at sea sailing to dexter with oars shipped; over all a cross Argent; an inescutcheon Azure a cross patonce between four martlets Or, for the Sainted King Edward; for a Crest, upon a jousting helm mantled Gules and Ermine a crown Proper double arched; for Supporters, dexter a wyvern Argent armed, langued and penned Gules, sinister a wyvern Or armed, langued and penned Gules; motto 'God Ænd Minh Riht.'

(You wrote pallets for the first quarter, but your drawing showed bendlets, so that's what I've done.)

Hope that's of some use.

Image(s) created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies). On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Wyvern supporters adapted from Coat of Arms of Sophie, Countess of Wessex by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; recoloured, rotated, ungorged.
(2) Tudor crown from Tudor Crown (Heraldry) also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; ermine removed.
(3) White rose from White Rose Badge of York also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; slightly recoloured.
(4) Lions' faces taken from Royal Arms of England also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 licence; cropped, proportions/aspect changed.
(5) Ship (galley) from Heraldique meuble nef by S@m, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; recoloured.
(6) Inescutcheon adapted from Royal Arms of Edward the Confessor also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL 1.2 and CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; colours simplified.
(7) Motto scroll adapted from Royal Coat of Arms of the UK also by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 licences; proportions/aspect changed.
Shield, bendlets in 1st quarter, blue & white sea in 4th quarter, white cross, motto text all by me, plus resizing, cropping and positioning.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
CC BY-SA 2.5: Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic
CC BY-SA 2.0: Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
CC BY-SA 1.0: Attribution-Share Alike 1.0 Generic
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence
Free Software Foundation - Licences
GNU licences and compatibility details
GFDL v1.2GNU Free Documentation Licence, Version 1.2
GFDL (latest): Wikimedia Commons Gnu Free Documentation Licence

Hi all ! I come to this thread to ask you the following: I would like to remake the CoA of Greece like the left picture, but instead of the men with their wooden club, I would like to put the lions like in the 2nd picture. In addition, instead of putting the CoA of Oldenburg, I would like to put that of Saxe-Coburg Gotha, as I presented in the 3rd picture. If only for the lions, which is a bit difficult on Paint, or even for the family crest, could you help me, please? :) Thanks in advance.

1614382483-picture.jpg

Hi all ! I come to this thread to ask you the following: I would like to remake the CoA of Greece like the left picture, but instead of the men with their wooden club, I would like to put the lions like in the 2nd picture. In addition, instead of putting the CoA of Oldenburg, I would like to put that of Saxe-Coburg Gotha, as I presented in the 3rd picture. If only for the lions, which is a bit difficult on Paint, or even for the family crest, could you help me, please? :) Thanks in advance.

1614382483-picture.jpg
So you want the first pic with the lions from the second and with the third as the escutcheon over the white cross on blue? Assuming I can find them all in svg format, that shouldn't take too long. If you have links to them on wikipedia, that would save me some time searching.

Does anyone have, know of, or could make, a map of Russia (or former RE/USSR territory), showing the boundaries of the old guberniyas of the Russian Empire superimposed over the oblast boundaries of the USSR? I've seen good ones before for Ukraine, the Belarus-Lithuania region, and for Turkestan... but not for the entirety.
Area I'm particularly interested in (right now) is between the Donbass in the west, the "Idel-Ural" region in the North, southernmost (Talysh) Azerbaijan in the south, and, say the Aral Sea in the east (I would say the Pamirs, but I already have a fairly decent Turkestan map that will suffice).
Bonus points if it gets down to the uyezd/raion level, but that'd probably be a bit much to hope for ;) and possibly a bit confusing...
(yes, I'm up to something :p)

Can anyone make a map of France but without the following regions:
  • Nord Pas de Calais
  • Roussillon
  • French Basque Country
  • Nice
  • Savoy
  • Alsace Lorraine
But it gains the Channel Islands and turns Brittany + Nantes into an autonomous region.

Can anyone make a map of France but without the following regions:
  • Nord Pas de Calais
  • Roussillon
  • French Basque Country
  • Nice
  • Savoy
  • Alsace Lorraine
But it gains the Channel Islands and turns Brittany + Nantes into an autonomous region.

I made a virgin map of this... Is it OK for you?

France.png

1614382483-picture.jpg
Here you go. I assumed you'd want the lions crowned.
CoA_Alt-Royal-Greek_for-PauL62_FGv1-680x800.png (click the thumbnail for the full-size image, 680x800px)
That's the largest I could upload to keep within the 500kb limit. If you'd like a larger version, let me know and I can put it on a hosting site then give you a link.

Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies). On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Most of the image from Royal Coat of Arms of Greece by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL v1.2 and CC-BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; original supporters and inescutcheons removed, crown copied to top of new supporters.
(2) Supporters from Coat of Arms of Greece (Wittelsbach) by peeperman, released into the public domain.
(3) Inescutcheon adapted from Armoiries Saxe by Odejea, free for use and adaptation under the CC-BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; adjusted to new shield shape.
Resizing and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons

Here you go. I assumed you'd want the lions crowned.
View attachment 630308 (click the thumbnail for the full-size image, 680x800px)
That's the largest I could upload to keep within the 500kb limit. If you'd like a larger version, let me know and I can put it on a hosting site then give you a link.

Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
(1) Most of the image from Royal Coat of Arms of Greece by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL v1.2 and CC-BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; original supporters and inescutcheons removed, crown copied to top of new supporters.
(2) Supporters from Coat of Arms of Greece (Wittelsbach) by peeperman, released into the public domain.
(3) Inescutcheon adapted from Armoiries Saxe by Odejea, free for use and adaptation under the CC-BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; adjusted to new shield shape.
Resizing and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
Thanks you very much... It's very good like it! :)

Hello came to ask for a map about my timeline a making a chinise rebellion so if some one can make one of those maps showing troop movement and years ( the areas are mostly in the east of china but cover also parts more to the west like Louyang and Chang'an)

Hi, I would like one or both of the following:
  • A Union Jack red ensign defaced with the Northwest Territories' (in Canada) coat of arms; and
  • A Union Jack blue ensign defaced with the Northern Territory's (in Australia) coat of arms.
Thanks!

Last edited: