Return of Horrible Educational Maps

I'm not a balkanization addict! I can stop balkanization anytime I want!

badpresentationg2.jpg

Seen on reddit, timezones depicted in a Japanese book.

badtime55a.jpg

Personal favourite: that red square in the Baltic which seems to be an East Prussian timezone ("Oh my, is it already time to wear my Pickelhaube?")

Seen on reddit, timezones depicted in a Japanese book.
Did somebody mention the year it was made? For example, I recall China was one timezone but maybe this map was made before that.
Also the Philippines are missing. Strange actually, usually New Zealand is missing instead.

Did somebody mention the year it was made? For example, I recall China was one timezone but maybe this map was made before that.
Also the Philippines are missing. Strange actually, usually New Zealand is missing instead.

Reddit was not very helpful in that regard. China had timezones until 1949, and given the yellowness of the paper that book is very old.
Also note that in the four images under the world map the Manhattan Skyline most definitely lacks the Twin Towers (can't really tell much more from that image) so one can assume that the book was made before they were built.

And if the timezones are even remotely correct then the fact that Western Europe differs from Central Europe also seem to indicate WWII or earlier, but that is a big if with all those strange colored blobs.

This seems like it was made in the later interwar period, since part of the Manchurian border is visible.

I'm not a balkanization addict! I can stop balkanization anytime I want!

View attachment 627329

My favourite part is Vojvodina in 2nd Yugoslavia deciding to leave Serbia too along with everyone else.

Seriously the fact that that border is there but it isn't there in original Yugoslavia makes me doubt that it was just a mistake. The Danube border line even seems correct.