How's the Start?

• Total voters
Interesting changes in Austria-Hungary, but if the war is about to start within twelve months I don't see how the army can possibly reorient itself for a defensive strategy- there's a long turn around in terms of training, surveying, military exercises, communicating strategy to the officer corps etc.

Interesting changes in Austria-Hungary, but if the war is about to start within twelve months I don't see how the army can possibly reorient itself for a defensive strategy- there's a long turn around in terms of training, surveying, military exercises, communicating strategy to the officer corps etc.
indeed. The entire doctrine cannot be collapsed and replaced. However it will lead to interesting changes in the A-H military actions.

So trying to pin stuff a defensive war for germany and austria. Austria may not be wrecked badly in as compared to otl with loss of so much of the army.

Eastern front is anyone guess. In regards to the western front so a defensive germany vs france? I know the french side of the border is fortified to insane amounts but is the germans side as well?. Key french resources and factories won't fall. No belgium makes it hard for the uk to join, but not out of the question. Wasn't the french doctrine focused on offense and now they have the resources to do it. Germans if front remains at the border may be able to allow them to rotate troops in and out.

Am i wrong, I remember royal navy role was to contain the germans in the Atlantic while france handled the med? France will be forced to pick on front till british intervention. So KuK may be able to get out of the Adriatic. Friendly ottoman ports? Italy by nature of the defensive treaty means they have to join, or not.

So trying to pin stuff a defensive war for germany and austria. Austria may not be wrecked badly in as compared to otl with loss of so much of the army.

Eastern front is anyone guess. In regards to the western front so a defensive germany vs france? I know the french side of the border is fortified to insane amounts but is the germans side as well?. Key french resources and factories won't fall. No belgium makes it hard for the uk to join, but not out of the question. Wasn't the french doctrine focused on offense and now they have the resources to do it. Germans if front remains at the border may be able to allow them to rotate troops in and out.

Am i wrong, I remember royal navy role was to contain the germans in the Atlantic while france handled the med? France will be forced to pick on front till british intervention. So KuK may be able to get out of the Adriatic. Friendly ottoman ports? Italy by nature of the defensive treaty means they have to join, or not.
No not a defensive germany. Their actions in alsace are anything but defensive. a more defensive austria-hungary is all. Italy on whether or not it will honor its alliance ittl will be a very interesting question......

So all we know need is the final trigger. And boom.

Though I have to say @Sārthākā, you are taking the turtledove's by Storm. I foresee you getting at least four turtledove awards.

So in a chapter or two, war shall come to Ottomans.
no not the ottomans. The ottomans will have to deal with their own mini-conflict. A small spoiler, the Ottomans will be mostly sitting this atl great war out. It will only make a major impact in the end. And that part will be the most interesting of all!

no not the ottomans. The ottomans will have to deal with their own mini-conflict. A small spoiler, the Ottomans will be mostly sitting this atl great war out. It will only make a major impact in the end. And that part will be the most interesting of all!
So no Gallipoli than?

. A small spoiler, the Ottomans will be mostly sitting this atl great war out. It will only make a major impact in the end. And that part will be the most interesting of all!
Ah, so the Ottomans have taken the wiser path then.

Though I do have to add, @Sārthākā you giving spoilers, what has the world has to come to!

No war in 1914 means Moltke Jr retires as Chief of German General staff. His replacement could execute a much better (or worse) Schlieffen Plan.
In any case the best situation for Ottomans would be both sides exhaust each other without a clear winner while Ottomans use neutrality to fix the economy , get rid of capitulations and reorganise the army .