As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Sounds like a fair compromise to me.

Yes!

Considering how beautiful Super Nintendo World looks at Universal Studios, it would be amazing if the Imagineers manage to match that in terms of quality.

Well, if Quasimodo can skip on getting the girl, barring that particular sequel, then having Mario not get a kiss at the end sounds fair by comparison.

Exactly! That's what I was suggesting.

Considering the author and either of the animation studios, I think that we should have her wear a tutu, despite not having any legs, for even more cuteness. Kind of like how Franklin can tie shoes despite not wearing shoes.
I think that a Nintendo-themed land could work well in whatever park replaces California Adventure. I don’t think it’d fit in properly in a traditional Castle Park.

I’d think Mario would be proud that the little brother he raised since he was a child had found someone.

I’m picturing her going from a redhead to a strawberry blonde after she puts on her tiara.

I’m basing it on seeing adorable pictures of snakes in tube-shaped sweaters. So I’m picturing Emily Spinach wearing a turtleneck, a tutu, and a pair of round spectacles
While I love Dan Green as an actor, I actually think his Knuckles (especially during Sonic X in particular) wasn't the best; it was a bit too commanding and authoritative for someone who's spent his whole life alone until getting dragged into an adventure by outsiders...

Out of curiousity, who's your first-best?

I don't think that's even a question, Disney's Imagineers have never lacked for quality.
....At least when a given attraction was new...just how long it takes for whatever they come up with to get dated is another matter entirely...and to be fair, a lot of the old stuff just needs a good refurbishing and a fresh coat of paint.
I thought that his voice did well to put across the “I work alone” thing he had in the show. It’s certainly a better characterization than making him a meathead dumbass for the sake of comedy. Dan would still be my first choice to cast Knuckles if Sonic X still exists.

Jim Cummings, naturally. Mike Polluck’s good as the sillier Doctor Eggman but Cummings as Robotnik was seriously intimidating while not forgetting to be a fun bad guy at times.

And when they aren’t being forced to design theme parks of a shoestring budget like in Hong Kong or DCA. The burden of EuroDisney’s failure forced the imagineers to build subpar theme parks.

I thought that his voice did well to put across the “I work alone” thing he had in the show.
Maybe, but it still came across (to me anyway) as just a bit off...
And to be fair to Dan, whatever rubbed me the wrong way could easily have been a directing/4Kidz issue.

It’s certainly a better characterization than making him a meathead dumbass for the sake of comedy.
Oh that much I agree on, but again, to be fair to the actors that's a writing issue and not their fault.
I actually really liked the Boom cast's performances, it's just too bad they never really got the chance to work with weightier material.

Jim Cummings, naturally. Mike Polluck’s good as the sillier Doctor Eggman but Cummings as Robotnik was seriously intimidating while not forgetting to be a fun bad guy at times.
😁 Mah man!
Yeah, same! He's still my fave, though the late Deem Bristow from the Adventure games comes in a close second.
But Mike almost tied with Bristow, and I think we'll hear what he can really do in the upcoming show and games, since he's once again the only survivor of the voice actor purge.
That being said, if by some miracle they were to have announced that they got Jim Cummings back and were dusting off the old design too...well...

It would warm the cockles of my mechanical heart.
tumblr_np0x0zUUXg1uve9kao1_500.png

Maybe, but it still came across (to me anyway) as just a bit off...
And to be fair to Dan, whatever rubbed me the wrong way could easily have been a directing/4Kidz issue.

Oh that much I agree on, but again, to be fair to the actors that's a writing issue and not their fault.
I actually really liked the Boom cast's performances, it's just too bad they never really got the chance to work with weightier material.

😁 Mah man!
Yeah, same! He's still my fave, though the late Deem Bristow from the Adventure games comes in a close second.
But Mike almost tied with Bristow, and I think we'll hear what he can really do in the upcoming show and games, since he's once again the only survivor of the voice actor purge.
That being said, if by some miracle they were to have announced that they got Jim Cummings back and were dusting off the old design too...well...

It would warm the cockles of my mechanical heart.
tumblr_np0x0zUUXg1uve9kao1_500.png
  1. Considering how talented a voice actor Green is, that’s certainly a possibility.
  2. It doesn’t help that Sega hasn’t known what to do with the characters for years. From all the gimmicky games to Sonic Boom’s overwhelming sense of “how do you do, fellow kids?”. I wouldn’t know about their performances, as the last Sonic game I played was one of the classic platformers.
  3. It helps that he is, to date, the most successful version of the character. The show starts with him already having won years ago. Polluck’s fun as a moustache-twirling villain, but nobody did Evil Overlord better than Cummings. But Polluck must be doing something right to be able to stick around so long.Though I like the traditional design of Robotnik/Eggman a little more. Maybe this design could appear as an alternate universe Robotnik.
It’s still funny thinking how that Robotnik is voiced by the same guy who voices Winnie the Pooh.

It’s still funny thinking how that Robotnik is voiced by the same guy who voices Winnie the Pooh.
Among many other roles, for Disney and others.
He's been Pete since at least Goof Troop, he was Darkwing Duck, he was Lucky in Bonkers, he did several voices in Star Wars: The Old Republic, he was in Skyrim, the list goes on.

And yeah, as I understand it SEGA's auditioned possible replacements for Mike Pollack every time they've switched Sonics, but each time he was still the best.
To be fair, I haven't actually played any of the games since Unleashed, but I've watched LPs of them and I've also seen the Boom cartoon (season 1 at least), and I can't really argue that he's versatile enough to be both an actual villain and a mere comedic foil/nemesis. I think if the new writers are allowed to actually go back to an SA2 tone, he's got the talent to keep up.
It's also possible that whoever they might've considered to replace him either wanted more than they were offering, or was part of a VA's Union; I've heard that SEGA only hire freelancers and won't deal with Unions.

The only major complaint I have casting frickin' Dolly Parton as Belle in Beauty & the Beast.
I don't hate her, but I'm not really a fan either, and I think she's totally wrong for the role.
As much as I love Burt Reynolds, I have a hard time hearing him as the Beast too.
And even the idea that it likely came from - my idea for Connie Smith in the role - was something that was only on the development stages of my own take on BatB.

If I had been given the final say, I'd have gone with BJ Ward as Belle and Rene Abjuernois as the Beast.

On that note, did you like the plot for The Woody Woodpecker Story, @Roger Redux?
I did! I think it actually works pretty well!
And even the idea that it likely came from - my idea for Connie Smith in the role - was something that was only on the development stages of my own take on BatB.

If I had been given the final say, I'd have gone with BJ Ward as Belle and Rene Abjuernois as the Beast.
I didn't know BJ's name off the top of my head, but looking her up I'm sure I've head her voice before; good pick!
And the late Rene Auberjonois is just a criminally overlooked and under-rated actor, I'm sure he'd have knocked it out of the park.

I did! I think it actually works pretty well!
Well, both that, and the idea of Lantz being in a retirement home for Golden Age cartoonists for a package film, were random suggestions that I created on a whim. Sorry if I come across as snobbish here, but for a cartoon character who constantly teeters the edge between iconic and obscure, I think I did a good job with both of my scenarios.

The Woody Woodpecker Story

Released on December 23, 1983

Production Company
Famous Studios

Distributor
Universal Pictures

Cartoon Voices
Paul Reubens as Woody Woodpecker
Frank Welker as Andy Panda
Alan Oppenheimer as Chilly Willy
Daws Butler as Wally Walrus
Dallas McKennon as Buzz Buzzard
Russi Taylor as Winnie Woodpecker
Corey Burton as Dinky Doodle

Woody's laugh provided by Mel Blanc.

Live Action scenes directed by
Steve Barron

Cartoon sequences directed by
Alex Lovy

Executive Producers
Walter Lantz
Al Brodax
Ralph Bakshi

Notable animation crew members
Eric Goldberg
Eddie Fitzgerald
Tom Minton
Buzz Dixon
John Lasseter
Kent Butterworth

Behind the Laughter is a mockumentary that begins with famed journalist Walter Cronkite visiting the Universal lot to conduct a fake interview with Walter Lantz. The viewers learn that Woody and fellow toons Andy Panda and Chilly Willy were once a trio that got along great. We later find out that over time, Woody becomes greedy and begins to hog the spotlight from the other two, prompting a breakup of the trio as they struggle to navigate a rapidly changing animation landscape. Buzz Buzzard and Wally Walrus were once worthy adversaries to Woody, but they were no match for Woody's greatest villain; himself.​
Do you think it would idea to make a seaguel where woody sawolls his pride and attempts to apogilzes to andy and chilly willy and get the trio back togetor. I like the idea of woody tracking andy and chilly willy t Rio de Janiro Brazil. Woody is rejected at first but he find succes himself in rio night club cirutir and manges to convie his ex parnters to give him a second chance. The reason i chose brizil as the place woody tracks down andy and chilly will is because he the brazilains love woody woodpecker

Well, there's the fact that Atari IOTL almost made a deal with Nintendo to publish the NES in the U.S.:
I hope that dosn't happen. While i am open to a more growth for disney I feel that having them contoling ninetod and atria is too much

PNWKing

Banned
I hope that dosn't happen. While i am open to a more growth for disney I feel that having them contoling ninetod and atria is too much
Other possible distributors for the NES in America include Mattel, Hasbro, SEGA, Tonka, Selchow & Righter, and Commodore.

I'd go with Hasbro Tonka or commodoreI'd go with Hasbro Tonka or commodore alternaty i also support Turner Universl or Columbia

Other possible distributors for the NES in America include Mattel, Hasbro, SEGA, Tonka, Selchow & Righter, and Commodore.
That would mean SEGA wouldn't have their own systems though....but Mattel making a deal with Nintendo after the Intellivision barely manages third place behind Atari and Coleco is an idea...
As for Tonka...

I'd go with Hasbro Tonka or commodoreI'd go with Hasbro Tonka or commodore alternaty i also support Turner Universl or Columbia
Tonka was the original U.S. distributor for SEGA IOTL, and their incompetance is why the Master System never amounted to anything in the U.S.

Mattel making a deal with Nintendo after the Intellivision barely manages third place behind Atari and Coleco is an idea...
Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind having Hasbro deal with Nintendo for its early years. I mean, we could have a Hanafuda following in the United States if the two were successful enough together to bring the Big N's pre-gaming toys to the U.S.A.! Not to mention either better marketing for, or even another country with families to purchase the Ultra-Hand for their kids.

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind having Hasbro deal with Nintendo for its early years. I mean, we could have a Hanafuda following in the United States if the two were successful enough together to bring the Big N's pre-gaming toys to the U.S.A.! Not to mention either better marketing for, or even another country with families to purchase the Ultra-Hand for their kids.
That makes since

Hey, @OldNavy1988? I have two questions to ask.

1: Since people are begging to own a piece of the legacy, what is the filmography of Lucasfilm Ltd. up to this point?

2: Since Hanna-Barbera and Jim Henson Productions are either sibling companies, or one owns the other, would we still see the Dinosaurs TV show in a world where it and The Flintstones are under the same roof?