Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

I will pray for your success then :)
I have tried to fit the 8K-Bam into the Q-Bam and they are too irregular to do it accurately. Maybe someone with Photoshop can do it, but with MS Paint it is really impossible. The Q-bam is too irregular. I really give up :confused:, but I leave here the projection of the 8K-Bam in Robinson with the Q-Bam measurements for someone who thinks they can get it. Personally I think it would be easier to adapt the Q-Bam to more accurate measurements like the 8K-Bam than to adapt the 8K-Bam to the inaccuracy of the Q-Bam. If someone is up for it we could try to adapt the topographic map of the 8k-Bam to the Q-Bam little by little but I can't do it by myself.

PD: I can't upload the complete map, does anyone know how to do it?

Last edited:
I have tried to fit the 8K-Bam into the Q-Bam and they are too irregular to do it accurately. Maybe someone with Photoshop can do it, but with MS Paint it is really impossible. The Q-bam is too irregular. I really give up :confused:, but I leave here the projection of the 8K-Bam in Robinson with the Q-Bam measurements for someone who thinks they can get it. Personally I think it would be easier to adapt the Q-Bam to more accurate measurements like the 8K-Bam than to adapt the 8K-Bam to the inaccuracy of the Q-Bam. If someone is up for it we could try to adapt the topographic map of the 8k-Bam to the Q-Bam little by little but I can't do it by myself.

PD: I can't upload the complete map, does anyone know how to do it?
chop it up into smaller pieces? if u can upload images in general, thats the noly issue i can think off - the file being too big.

I have uploaded the 8k-Bam with the measurements of the Qbam, here https://ibb.co/HG9PFNq complete, in case someone wants to use it or can combine them. Or also if someone wants to form a group with me and readapt it little by little together with more people.

Last edited:
I have uploaded the 8k-Bam with the measurements of the Qbam, here https://ibb.co/HG9PFNq complete, in case someone wants to use it or can combine them. Or also if someone wants to form a group with me and readapt it little by little together with more people.
At least you tried and believe me : you have the best q-bam bathymetric map I have ever seen for the moment, so congratulations !!!

Tomorrow I will propose this map for the main q-bam thread to see if they can help too

Is there a river/geography map that is compatible to the maps in this thread? All maps I found don't align with the maps I have.
I think I may have asked for that myself, but it's difficult. Rivers and coastlines can change over time, and a map of the world in 500 bC will be different from a map of the world in 1960 aD. The best thing to do is be patient That being said, I wish this thread was a bit more lively.

Has anyone done a patch series for British India yet? I noticed that a lot of the most updated 1800s maps still have major inaccuracies, such as the complete absence of Nagpur State and Nagpur Province before 1853 and '61 respectively, as well as little if any attention payed to the changing borders of the Presidencies.

Crazy Boris

Banned
24_January_1856.png

January 24 1856, End of the Dominican War of independence

(featuring some of the new colors that will be in THICC 3.0!)