Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

My last major CK2 campaign. Played this from 633 to 1444.
i4TUpzW.png

Was a lot of fun, honestly.

Okay, just got my hands on the base game and have fired up After the End, was really interested in the mod.
Any recommendations on who or where to play as first?

Okay, just got my hands on the base game and have fired up After the End, was really interested in the mod.

The great lakes are always fun and super volatile. Mexico is fun and ridiculously rich once you consolidate. The caribbean is fun and super volatile once the empire falls and it almost always falls.

it's all great really. I like to play in Virginia as Americanists. If you want something masochistic, try surviving as a Gaian.

In some ways its better than vanilla world.

So i finished up the first leg of my Paradox megacampaign I started way back in the beginning of the year... the Western Dynastic Cycle, where I repeatedly build and smash the Roman Empire in a Chinese dynasty-like manner in CK2 with HIP. Here's the Imgur album I made for it, started with Charlemagne, had a fun Norse detour, and ended making a steppe nomad empire that'd make the Mongols blush! Overall it was a very fun experience (though a bit tedius during the pax Romana). Given how easy it is to conquer stuff in CK2, the challenge was more with figuring out how to wreck the empire I'd made instead of keeping it stable. I've just finished touching up the EU4 converted mod, if anyone wants to play with it PM me. My plan is to start as Tuscany and reforge the Roman empire using the HRE mechanics while mostly ignoring colonization... hopefully I can set the board such that I can have a nice endgame showdown with China and whoever ends up dominating the Americas in HOI3.

Are they taking it to CK3, too?
Yep. The last Dev Diary they posted indicated that they'd be transferring the project to CK3 after finishing the last CK2 build (who might still be getting bugfixes after that, I'm not sure). They even showed a few screens of the WIP, notably in terms of religions.

The map will also get a massive expansion in CK3.

To my understanding, yes. In fact, there are probably going to be playable characters in Argentina too.
But, what's the time frame? Other than the Incas (by the late game) and some tribes by the Andes, most of modern Argentina was inhabited by nomadic hunter gatherers still living in the stone age. And frankly, most of the history of the region by the time of the European middle ages is lost

But, what's the time frame? Other than the Incas (by the late game) and some tribes by the Andes, most of modern Argentina was inhabited by nomadic hunter gatherers still living in the stone age. And frankly, most of the history of the region by the time of the European middle ages is lost
After the End is a post-apocalyptic mod.

what happened to argentina in aoe? i thought brazil dominated all of south america
Most of the lore in After the End concerned North and Central America so we barely know anything about what happened South of the Amazon river (roughly).
Given that they're going to expand the map, we're also probably going to get new lore about Brazil and South America.