Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pesaro Incident convinced most of the Italian government of the Soviets' true intentions, and San Marino was now seen as an existential threat to Italy. Fanfani was unfazed, and he continued to pressure Kennedy for a peaceful resolution. Things went to a head when he formally proposed the removal of U.S. nuclear missiles from the Apulia region, in exchange for a similar withdrawal by the Soviets in San Marino. When word leaked to the Cabinet, they signed a formal letter to Parliament demanding a vote of no confidence. Seeing this, Fanfani resigned early on the 25th, to be replaced by Pella. He quickly rescinded any overtures made to Washington, and made it clear that anything short of unconditional capitulation from the Soviets was off the table.
This is so insane and real and more at the same time.

What's going in say Cuba give San Marino of all places is taking the place of the OTL Missile Crisis.

What will happen going forward?
Yeah, that's one hell of a cliffhanger you left us with there. Is the end of the world going to be sparked by fucking San Marino, of all places?

um2.png

two mediterraneans
edit:umc.png

Last edited:
This is so insane and real and more at the same time.

What's going in say Cuba give San Marino of all places is taking the place of the OTL Missile Crisis.

What will happen going forward?
Thanks.

Seeing that the POD happens before the Cuban Revolution, I'm thinking Batista is still around until his death. After that, all chaos.

This is a map mainly based on the "Superpowers" timeline found on Alternate History Wikia by user Red vs Blue. The timeline is his, I appreciate his work and expanded to include what I think is the full world map in the year 1000 AD. The two main POD's are that Commodus is replaced by Marcus Aurelius' adopted son, who becomes one of the greatest emperors ever and through his work combined with successful emperors in the future, manages to extend Pax Romana for another few centuries, resulting in the survival of the Roman Empire and it remaining the most prosperous and dominant state on Earth.

The other one is that in the late 300s, a Mayan genius is born in Calakmul who invents many things common place in the old world such as the wheel and cement, among various other things. He becomes the leader of his city state, and unites the other Maya city states under one federal kingdom. The Maya Kingdom then conquers Teotihuacan and makes it it's new capital. This new, united Maya state dominates eventually comes to dominate of Central America.

This is one of my first maps I've made, but anyways please discuss ;)

Attachments

• The World AD 1000.png
    The World AD 1000.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 532
Yeah, that. :p

He did mention Portugal and slaves, but if all submerged continents he listed were above sea level, it'd be likely that the Americas would be (re-)discovered earlier on, and since there's legends about Mali heading over there... :p

Here's how I'd make some of the places he mentioned turn out, in order of appearance:

Zealandia: settled by Melanesians first, and Polynesians later on; due to how well the Maori did against the British in OTL, I think Zealandia might actually end up becoming a native majority country, while still being under the Commonwealth, not unlike some of the smaller Pacific states.

Kerguelen Plateau: some failed Austronesian attempts at colonization, until the French come knocking. It ends up as some kind of reverse Canada, being a sparsely populated country with a French-speaking majority and an English-speaking region, with a Breton-speaking community in place of Canada's small Gaelic-speaking one.

Walvis Ridge: inhabited by a people not unlike the Khoisan ones very, very early on. They avoid being genocided by one Bantu nation or another due to being on an island, until the Europeans come and wipe out most of them through diseases (at first) and deliberate genocide (later on); basically, the Australia of Africa.

Rockall: I had a stab at it a while ago, it probably ends up being some combination of Celtic and Germanic, most likely Norse-Gael, with genetics not unlike those of the Faroe Islands, but with a culture that takes more after the Brythonic or Goidelic side of the ethnic cocktail.
Rockall sounds interesting, don't think I've ever seen a map with more of the Rockall bank above water.

What an interesting scenario. Mil Lagrimas being the name of a town is so damn interesting, it evokes a sense of wonder as to what happened that was so bad, an entire area has been named for the thousand tears shed. Cool stuff!

Given the country's history, it might have a lot to do with less than voluntary work. However, a town nearby is named Port of Freedom, so there's a silver lining. :p

changed some things around. what do you think, better or worse?

I don't have the original source. But I can remember that the Polish claimed a bit more before the Yalta treaty. A bit more of Silesia, border lands in Pomerania and all of East Prussia. I'm not aware if the Czechoslovaks had any land claims.

1612913426611.png

You could give Denmark the rest of the plebiscites area (including the given up part of the third zone)
1612913675991.png

If the Benelux are involved that I could see the small annexation plans of Belgium and Luxembourg going into fruition. Most of these would at best be only a pixel or more. For the Netherlands (if it is involved) I think they would take East Frisia.
1612913851640.png

1612913882418.png

In fact the Saar Protectorate was actually more enlarged for a time after WW2 than we normally know. (Even if I don't have the original map showing it again) It would have looked like this;
1612914158192.png

Now if you use these proposals is of course in your hards.

1941 DFD.png

Final iteration, I promise
cleaned up Polish border DMZ, fixed bulgarian/romanian border, added free state of hamburg (germany's economy is fuck'ed)

Last edited:
1612931330399.png

In the year AD 310 a Roman mutiny in Britannia breaks out. The events leading up to this rebellion is unknown, however it ultimately fails. In order to escape execution around 3000 soldiers and unknown number of their families board ships and flee Britannia. Initially they sail along the coast around Ireland, but fears of possible pursuit by Roman authority lead them to decide to sail to the islands north of Britannia. However, the winds blow the ships off course and out of the sight of land. Mistakenly believing that they were blown to the east, they sail west for many weeks. Starvation and thirst is rampant. Many of the ships are lost in the sea, as most of the vessels were unable to take the high seas. Eventually however land is seen and in 316 the ships land on what they believe to be the island of Thule. The city of Reme is founded (named after Remus). Of those who left Britannia records show only 1130 men survived the voyage.

The new settlement is able to thrive and over time expands. Overtime intermarriage with the natives leads to many changes in the Thulean culture. However, perhaps one of the most interesting aspects of the Thulean culture is the change to the figure of Jesus Christ. Several dozen of the original settlers were Christian, however the majority held other beliefs and no bibles were brought with them. By the 500s the dominant Thulean religion is a polytheistic belief system centered around Jesus being the king of the Gods after he killed his father Jupiter.

The Thulean diet is centered at this time around fish and livestock with corn and beans making up a small part of the diet. The population as of the year AD 800 consisted of 13,439 as shown by a surviving census. It is not known precisely how accurate this census is because many of the fishing settlements on the west and northern coast of Thule were abandoned in winter with the fisherman returning to the cities in the south.

The government was an absolute monarchy.

One notable document that survives from this time period are from the writings of Cacistus the Explorer in The Expeditions . Who in 559 led the first major Thulean expedition outside of the region. Heading south along the coast he met many natives and bringing back corn, beans, turkeys, dragons (believed to be alligators who were certainly unable to survive long in the northern climate, among other things. However as a result of his trades with natives horses were introduced to the mainland natives which would lead to a drastic change in their lifestyle in the coming centuries.

Final iteration, I promise
cleaned up Polish border DMZ, fixed bulgarian/romanian border, added free state of hamburg (germany's economy is fuck'ed)

This is my proposal. I expanded the Saar Protectorate, expanded Poland a bit in Silesia, Pomerania and let Poland annex all of East Prussia. I also expanded the DMZ a bit more western because of the Anexation of Pomeranian border lands.
1612934216981.png

This is my proposal. I expanded the Saar Protectorate, expanded Poland a bit in Silesia, Pomerania and let Poland annex all of East Prussia. I also expanded the DMZ a bit more western because of the Anexation of Pomeranian border lands.
very good! although I wonder if it might be a bit unrealistically harsh territorially

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.