Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, Soviet just means council. I could see it in some sort of constitutional or elective monarchy
That's a fair point, but the OTL borders, the usage of "Soviet" as a nationality with "Sino," and the information that this eurasian superstate is left-leaning suggests that the word was being used in the modern sense, rather than the original Russian denotation.

ItalyL.png

Have I forgotten to upload the linguistic maúp of Italy here? Well, it is here

The Continent of Asia - 1929

Alt-Asian_Map.png

<--- Author's Note --->
Ngl, most of what I wrote here is out of the blue. The map was meant to be something concrete to pave for a new timeline, but after inspecting the whole piece, I realized that the project needs to head back to the drawing board.

And to be honest, I made this just to know whether I’m getting rusty with this whole mapmaking thing or I still have the chops for it. I’ve been sticking with topographic pieces for months that I was afraid that my political submission is subpar compared to the former. I made two maps: One based on Europe and another one on Japan. I wasn't confident in the quality of both of them, so I scrapped it despite hours of deliberate care. After some brainstorming, I thought that making a map of Asia might be a better idea since I need something continental in scale.

I was satisfied with the design but realized that I didn't write the script first, something I always do with my timeline on Warring Libya. This leaves the map filled with arbitrary countries. There isn't much creative logic behind it because they're just there to make it aesthetically-pleasing. Even though I try to rationalize it, most of what I wrote here is random.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this piece even though is problematic (to me, at least).

Also, here's an alt-link to Reddit and Deviantart because why not:
[r/ImaginaryMaps]|[DeviantArt]

<--- Description --->
Asia was relatively unscathed by the machinations of Parisian Positivism. While the holy kingdoms and commonwealths of Europe and the remnants of the Ming Dynasty have succumbed to the Diogenic Revolution of 1927, the eastern corners of the world have expelled the French-backed movements and uprisings with both foresight and ferocity. The fall of Europe to both positivist and diogenite incursion has left the eastern polities being the sole hegemons presiding over the Old World until the 1930s.
During the worst years of the revolution, the failed November Uprising in Nicosia has provoked the Muslim powers to form the Topkapi Pact: A coalition comprised of Diriyah, Safavid, and the Ottomans with the intent to safeguard their domain against the positivists. The alliance has proven to be a success during their intervention of the Danubian Offensive, providing arms and men for their allies over the Balkans. It has also mellowed centuries of ancient rivalries between the three nations, paving them to many economic and cultural harmonies that used to be absent in West Asia. And during the ratification of the pact, the Turks have completed the construction of the Great Constantinople Railway that stretches from the capital to Hudaydah, enabling them to transport goods more quickly and further the centralization of the empire.

From the ornate metropolis of Bukhara to the tiny capital of Ulaanbaatar, Central Asia is a cluster of great civilizations and humble villages. The region faced a newly-found peace after 50 years of conflict between the Great Emirate and the Holy Eastern Commonwealth, with many Persian and Indian migrants settling on the capital of the emirate. After the ratification of the armistice, subsequent modernization follows as the infrastructure begins to improve over the southern provinces, establishing roads and railways and provoking the ire of its nomadic population. Some oppose the modernization and stood their ground, others simply migrate to Dzuganria and Mongolia.

In the southern fringes of the Indian Subcontinent, a cold war is brewing between the Mughal Empire and the southern states of Deccan and Mysore. Motivated in their attempt to monopolize the maritime route over the Indian Ocean, the two clashed in a naval arms race that will eventually pave for much technological ingenuity. The Mughals nationalized Bengal's shipbuilding industry to construct more cruisers and battleships while Deccan toying with the premise of constructing a floating airbase. Both are militarizing their society into inevitable war, rallying the local population into their formulated concepts of serving the state.

The Virtuous Ma Republic and its sister republics rule over the remnants of the Ming Dynasty. Under the enigmatic Ma Clique, the Hui Muslim minorities dominate the economic and military hierarchy of China after the collapse of the short-lived Five Star Republic. The northern regions of China, once an agricultural backwater compared to the industrialized south, begins to modernize with the support of both the Mughals and Acehnese. To the south, the Zhou Technate reigns supreme over the industrialized region. The second country to officially adopt positivist values into their national treatise, many refugees fled to the north when implemented draconian measures to repress "unscientific traditions" during 1927. The Yangtze River is riddled with petty skirmishes, with conscripts from both sides exchanging waves of mass charges and sabotage.

Muscovy has finally reclaimed the Siberias from positivist enclaves. The Central Asian Expeditionary Army was redirected to the region after they were relieved from their war against Bukhara, pushing them further west until their final stand in Magadan. The uprising was disastrous for its once-growing infrastructure and economy, with many industries destroyed due to neglect and lack of proper expertise to maintain it. The result has left the government a tremendous burden that they'll carry for decades until it was finally rebuilt in 1981.

Last edited:
The Continent of Asia - 1929

Alt-Asian_Map.png

<--- Author's Note --->
Ngl, most of what I wrote here is out of the blue. The map was meant to be something concrete to pave for a new timeline, but after inspecting the whole piece, I realized that the project needs to head back to the drawing board.

And to be honest, I made this just to know whether I’m getting rusty with this whole mapmaking thing or I still have the chops for it. I’ve been sticking with topographic pieces for months that I was afraid that my political submission is subpar compared to the former. I made two maps: One based on Europe and another one on Japan. I wasn't confident in the quality of both of them, so I scrapped it despite hours of deliberate care. After some brainstorming, I thought that making a map of Asia might be a better idea since I need something continental in scale.

I was satisfied with the design but realized that I didn't write the script first, something I always do with my timeline on Warring Libya. This leaves the map filled with arbitrary countries. There isn't much creative logic behind it because they're just there to make it aesthetically-pleasing. Even though I try to rationalize it, most of what I wrote here is random.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this piece even though is problematic (to me, at least).

<--- Description --->
Asia was relatively unscathed by the machinations of Parisian Positivism. While the holy kingdoms and commonwealths of Europe and the remnants of the Ming Dynasty have succumbed to the Diogenic Revolution of 1927, the eastern corners of the world have expelled the French-backed movements and uprisings with both foresight and ferocity. The fall of Europe to both positivist and diogenite incursion has left the eastern polities being the sole hegemons presiding over the Old World until the 1930s.
During the worst years of the revolution, the failed November Uprising in Nicosia has provoked the Muslim powers to form the Topkapi Pact: A coalition comprised of Diriyah, Safavid, and the Ottomans with the intent to safeguard their domain against the positivists. The alliance has proven to be a success during their intervention of the Danubian Offensive, providing arms and men for their allies over the Balkans. It has also mellowed centuries of ancient rivalries between the three nations, paving them to many economic and cultural harmonies that used to be absent in West Asia. And during the ratification of the pact, the Turks have completed the construction of the Great Constantinople Railway that stretches from the capital to Hudaydah, enabling them to transport goods more quickly and further the centralization of the empire.

From the ornate metropolis of Bukhara to the tiny capital of Ulaanbaatar, Central Asia is a cluster of great civilizations and humble villages. The region faced a newly-found peace after 50 years of conflict between the Great Emirate and the Holy Eastern Commonwealth, with many Persian and Indian migrants settling on the capital of the emirate. After the ratification of the armistice, subsequent modernization follows as the infrastructure begins to improve over the southern provinces, establishing roads and railways and provoking the ire of its nomadic population. Some oppose the modernization and stood their ground, others simply migrate to Dzuganria and Mongolia.

In the southern fringes of the Indian Subcontinent, a cold war is brewing between the Mughal Empire and the southern states of Deccan and Mysore. Motivated in their attempt to monopolize the maritime route over the Indian Ocean, the two clashed in a naval arms race that will eventually pave for much technological ingenuity. The Mughals nationalized Bengal's shipbuilding industry to construct more cruisers and battleships while Deccan toying with the premise of constructing a floating airbase. Both are militarizing their society into inevitable war, rallying the local population into their formulated concepts of serving the state.

The Virtuous Ma Republic and its sister republics rule over the remnants of the Ming Dynasty. Under the enigmatic Ma Clique, the Hui Muslim minorities dominate the economic and military hierarchy of China after the collapse of the short-lived Five Star Republic. The northern regions of China, once an agricultural backwater compared to the industrialized south, begins to modernize with the support of both the Mughals and Acehnese. To the south, the Zhou Technate reigns supreme over the industrialized region. The second country to officially adopt positivist values into their national treatise, many refugees fled to the north when implemented draconian measures to repress "unscientific traditions" during 1927. The Yangtze River is riddled with petty skirmishes, with conscripts from both sides exchanging waves of mass charges and sabotage.

Muscovy has finally reclaimed the Siberias from positivist enclaves. The Central Asian Expeditionary Army was redirected to the region after they were relieved from their war against Bukhara, pushing them further west until their final stand in Magadan. The uprising was disastrous for its once-growing infrastructure and economy, with many industries destroyed due to neglect and lack of proper expertise to maintain it. The result has left the government a tremendous burden that they'll carry for decades until it was finally rebuilt in 1981.
What made Kathmandu change its name to Katmanda? That literally means black spot in old Nepali. Not an auspicious name for any Nepali city.

Last edited:
Reconstruction2.png
"...Whereas the Confederate States of America under the Freedomite regime became a party to the "Triple Entente" with Great Britain, France, and Russia, undertook a war of aggression and thereby provoked a state of war with the Allied and Associated Powers and with other Allied nations, and bears her share of responsibility for the war; and

Whereas in consequence of the victories of the Allied forces, and with the assistance of the democratic elements of the Confederate people, the Freedomite regime in the Confederate States of America was overthrown on May 19, 1945, and the Confederate States of America, having surrendered unconditionally, signed terms of Armistice on that same date; and

Whereas the Allied and Associated powers and the Confederate States of America are desirous of concluding a treaty of peace which will, in conformity with the principles of justice, will settle such outstanding questions as the fates of war criminals, territorial adjustments, demilitarization, and war reparations;

Have therefore agreed to declare a cessation of hostilities and to this end, to conclude the present Treaty of Peace..."

-the Preamble to the Treaty of Bowling Green, 1945
"1. Texas
The Republic of Texas's independence shall be recognized in full by all parties to the treaty, and with the borders of the Confederate State of Texas as it existed between November 11, 1917, and March 1, 1940
2. Virginia
The C.S. State of Virginia shall cede all territory north of the York, Pamunkey, and South Anna Rivers, , and all territory east of the Maury and Shenandoah Rivers, to the U.S. State of West Virginia
3. Sonora and Chihuaha
The United States shall annex, in full, the C.S. States of Sonora and Chihuahua as they existed after November 11, 1917
4. Tennessee
The United States shall annex, in full, the C.S. State of Tennessee
5. Cuba
The Republic of Cuba's independence shall be recognized in full by all parties to the treaty, and shall encompass the entirety of the island of Cuba
6. Houston and Kentucky
The states of Kentucky and Houston shall be re-annexed by the United States, as they existed between November 11, 1917, and March 1, 1940
7. New Orleans
The United States shall annex New Orleans and its surrounding territory, extending from Franklin on a diagonal line to Plaquemine, and then due east to Lake Pontchartrain"

- text from the Treaty of Bowling Green, 1945
"And the United States shall lend a hand to our southern neighbors. We shall lift them up and help them rebuild. We shall forge new bonds with them and we shall help them heal. For that is our duty as Americans - to reach out as magnanimous victors to our foes and extend our hand in friendship. After four long and bloody years, we must not let the wounds of war fester, but instead mend them and go bravely forward into the future, together."
-President Thomas Dewey announcing the Dewey Plan, November 5, 1945

This is based off of the Southern Victory books, but where the U.S. opts not to annex the CSA, but to rebuild them. It always struck me as odd and unwise for the US to try and reabsorb a nation that's been independent for 80+ years, rather than treat them like West Germany, for example. Many parts of the 'preamble' are lifted from the OTL Paris Peace Treaties, and modified only slightly.

Unwise, probably. But Britain and Germany have never been the same country.
It's not a perfect analogy, but what I meant by that is the U.S. helped reconstruct Germany, rather than run a harsh, expensive occupation like the one Turtledove alluded to at the end of the series.

It's not a perfect analogy, but what I meant by that is the U.S. helped reconstruct Germany, rather than run a harsh, expensive occupation like the one Turtledove alluded to at the end of the series.
To be honest, I agree. OTL we saw widespread discontent and rebellion after barely five years of independence. Most citizens of the South would've been born in the CSA and raised with hatred towards the North. Direct annexation like that is bound to be suicidal for the US.

View attachment 621798

A collaboration between me and xxtraction

(map by me, lore edited my me but made by xxtraction)

Based on their TL on the same concept: Link here

AN ALTERNATE DIRECTION OF WORLD WAR TWO

On November 27, 1938 one year before the start of the Second World War, a German citizen would walk into a hospital in the german city of Dresden complaining of a headache and asking for medical help. Within hours the man was turning pale and throwing up blood and soon the doctors caring for him began to find out that he had an seemingly unknown virus. The next day German doctors had taken the now dead man away and once it was at a secure location they ran tests on it and confirmed that the man had died due to a virus that medical officials could not identify.

Within hours after this the highest echelons of the Nazi government including Hitler himself were notified about the man and the virus and Hitler declared it a state secret. In order to make sure that the virus was never leaked anyone who knew the man, saw him or had been in contact with him after he entered the hospital were arrested and placed in concentration camps. However any medical records of the man in the hospital he went to was taken.

On December 9, 1938 a secret section of the german government was created to learn about the virus. A facility to research and experiment on the virus was built in the Carpathian mountains leased by Germany’s Hungarian ally and was to be guarded by the SS. The facility was run by doctor Josef Mengele with two divisions created in the facility. One was created to research the virus while the other was created to research its effects on humans using live test subjects.

World War Two still goes along as OTL.

Due to medical technology at the time research on the virus went slowly and as the war's tide began to turn against Germany. The Nazi Party was desperate for news from the facility and on August 23, 1943 they received some. It was reported that the virus was unlike anything they had seen before and after experimenting on animals it was reported that it was fast acting and killed them within 72 hours and was officially confirmed that they had discovered a new virus. The report also mentioned that now the division responsible for observing its effects on humans was greenlit to begin experimenting with the virus on live test subjects from concentration camps.

However when the virus was injected into the first test subject within 90 seconds he seemed to have lost control of his body and started attacking scientists in the room. When the door was shut and locked it was observed that he seemed to be resisting his body movements and was crying and screaming for help as his body continued attacking the two scientists still in the room and once they were dead he began eating their bodies. As he was eating their bodies he continued crying and screaming for help and screamed what was happening to him and seemed to be resisting the urge to continue eating and seemed to be gagging in between bites.

As the doctors watched shocked and dumbfounded, some other test subjects in the facility got the virus injected into them at the same time and all showed the same result: loss of control of their bodies. A halt on further testing of the virus was issued by the head of the research division in the facility. As the days went on it seemed that the former test subjects began to exhibit physical symptoms and as the days grew on the former tests subjects began to look less like humans and more like a creation from myth, the werewolf.

Knowing at some point the research division would find out what was happening due to them having inside men in the research division the head of the experimenting division began sending made up reports on the viruses effects on humans so it could buy them time to learn more about the monsters they had unitentaly created. By October 1943, the experimenting division was still sending false reports to the research division but they were beginning to get suspicious as was the Nazi inner circle and Doctor Mengele but the experimenting division had still learned a lot about the werewolves they had unintentionally created.

What they learned by September:

They were sensitive to UV light maining they could not go outside during the day time

The frontal lobe had not changed meaning the person's consciousness was fully intact as were there memories and personality

3. The hypothalamus and amygdala were hyperactive causing aggressive behaviour and uncontrollable hunger

4. Their ability to speak had been nearly destroyed meaning they have an extremely hard time getting words out of there mouths

5. For 12 days after they are infected they can not control their own bodies but after they are
finished physically turning into werewolves they can once again control their own bodies

6. If they can not smell a human they are in control of their bodies but if they smell the scent of a human they seem to lose control of their bodies.

By March 1944, it was clear that Nazi germany was most definintely loosing now now that the allies had landed in Italy the Russians were reganing territory fast. The Nazi government began to now be very suspisious of the experamenting division.The head of the division had not spoken or reported to the Nazi Government or Doctor Mengele, who was now working at the concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau which only heightened their suspicion. Some more radical Nazis in the SS such as Himmler were starting to become desperate for something to turn the tide of the war in their favor. The SS eventually convinced Hiter and his inner circle that the facility was indeed making up information. Hitler was furious at the prospect and ordered a platoon of SS soldiers to find the facilities personnel and what exactly they were hiding.

When the SS soldiers arrived they were met with hostile fire by the facility’s guards. Soon a fight broke out in between the guards and the SS soldiers and while all of this was happening some people in the experimenting part of the facility closed and resealed the doors to the experimenting divisions part of the facility in order to not let the SS soldiers get anything in there and so that they would get no prisoners from that section in effect sealing their fate and intoumbing them in there side of the facility.
Despite this the SS were able to break into the facility but the staff burnt down the facility so they won’t get their hands on it. The SS were able to get what they could from the facilities research section. By the time they handed what they were able to retrieve in time, tragedy occured in Berlin when a coup attempt by anti-Nazi generals assassinated Hitler by a hidden bomb. The coup was a failure and the staboutrs executed and Himmler managed to secure the position of Fuhrer of Nazi Germany. With the radical SS in de facto control of Germany they prepared the salvaged bioweapon for use against the allied positions. Despite the warnings from generals and other Nazis about developing a bioweapon with only a little information Himmler just dismissed them and the German army went ahead with developing a bioweapon with the research and samples of the virus that the SS were able to retrieve from the facility. Development of the bioweapon took place at Peenemunde.

OPERATION TEUTOBURG

The soldiers in the trenches would wait 3 days because one of the papers the SS research that it takes the virus 3 days to kill a person so the soldiers in the trenches waited 3 days before they would exit there trenches and head to the former allied and soviet positions to exterminate any survivors and then the full remaining might of the german army would attack the allies and the soviets defeating them.

A few U-boats still are operational and were now stationed in Norway and Denmark as well as a few that had regrouped secretly in fasist Spain. The extra phase called for 2 U-boats carrying the bioweapon one in Spain and one in Nazi occupied Denmark to head to the United States and the island of Great Britian respectively and launch one canister containing the bioweapon on a city in each nation. In America, it was New York City. In Great Britain it was Edinburgh. It was believed that the bioweapon would cause an outbreak of plague and damage the nation's morale and force them to surrender. In the battle plans of Operation Teutoburg, this extra phase was to occur just before Operation Teutoburg went into effect in europe and in order to make sure that the allies did not know about what was happening in Britain and America

By November 1944, the bioweapon was ready as was Operation Teutoburg. As the allies closed in on the Rhine and the Red Army reached the Oder River, Himmler made a speech saying that they were going on the offensive and that they had a powerful new weapon and that judeo-bolshevism would be ended once and for all.

On November 29, 1944, Germany armed 2 U-boats with the bioweapon and they set off for the United States and Great Britain and were expected to arrive early next month. When one of the U-Boats got to its target city in Britain it launched the bioweapon canister and it landed in one of the cities outskirts and it spread fast and soon all people were talking in England about was that thing going on in the north.

On December 25th the allies celebrated Christmas in a way because they thought that the Germans were on the run and that they would be defeated soon. The Soviets in the East also were happy because they believed that their revenge was near completion but when they got to the new battle lines they would cause an event more devastating than the war itself.

When the Red Army on the Oder were spotted by the Wehrmacht on December 29, they fired the canisters containing the virus at the Red Army and also the Western Allies at the Rhine. After a few of the canisters fell near Red Army lines, they pulled back and began to fire at the German a now safe distance but some Soviet soldiers got infected by the spikes in the canister and after 90 seconds they seemed to get up much to the shock of both the Soviet and German soldiers and ran at them while screaming for help. The Soviet soldiers, shocked and confused, now ran scared while some of the now aggressive Soviet soldiers ran after them while they desperately fired back with their rifles and a few were bitten and some began to be eaten. As the Germans looked on more infected Soviet soldiers than the ones chasing the uninfected Soviet soldiers headed to the hundreds of lines of German soldiers the German lines did not retreat at first but as soldiers got attacked eaten and bitten and infected chaos ensued and german soldiers deserted the new battle line in droves offen screaming in terror as their former comrades and Soviet soldiers chased them.

In Germany, when news that the Western allies and the Red Army were on the run retreating, the Nazi government they said that they were at first happy and excited that they had successfully gone on the offensive but when news reached them that German forces too were retreating and that some soldiers had entered German controlled cities towns and villages close to the new battle lines covered in blood and shell shocked saying that they had seen some of their comrades allied and Soviet soldiers eating attacking and biting others. What they were saying would immediately have been dismissed as lies and hallucinations if not for the fact that they were covered in blood and definitely shell shocked. When Himmler heard this info he said if there were any soldiers or equipment at the new battle lines in the east and west and the generals told him that the farthest back soldiers and tanks were in the line were unaffected and that some soldiers were still their in the lines in the east and west and hitler ordered that they radio the surviving units in the new battle lines to move forward with caution and report back anything they see. When Himmler asked about the shell shocked soldiers he said that they were to be held in an asylum as he said that he would not make a decision about them until news of what had happened on the new battle lines reached him.

On December 30th the remaining German soldiers and tanks that had not deserted their posts moved forward with 2 way radios that the german military bases nearby used to hear everything that they were hearing. Himmler himself was also listening to everything they were saying. What they described as they moved forward was horrifying and shocking even to the head of the SS himself.

Bodies were everywhere as blood organs were strewn about and some men, German or Soviet were fully or partially eaten. The vivid detail that the tank man and soldiers described it did not calm anyone, even Himmler. For the most part he was shocked that the shell shocked soldiers were telling the truth and now it was confirmed that indeed something strange had happened in the new battle lines in the east and west. Before the radios cut out screaming and shouts to fall back were heard as well as gunshots before the radios cut out. Immediately after this the Nazi government ordered that Operation Teutroburg be brought to an immediate halt.

Himmler soon after this strange reports filtered back to him about allied Soviet and German soldiers attacking small villages and towns as well as some of them wandering into German cities with deformities like claws fangs and fur growing on them and slightly pointed ears and there helmets missing and there military uniforms starting to rip and they attacked bit or started eating civilians as they begged for help. In the cities when a civilian was bitten by one of these ‘turned’ soldiers it took 90 seconds for them to lose control of their bodies, but due to the now large armed forces presence in these cities they were put down quickly but in the villages and twins they were wiped almost clean of uninfected and the inhabitants were eaten or bitten and infected and turned and were added to the increasing number of infected.

When these reports went to Himmler he said if there were any bodies of the infected there were and when they were dissected it was discovered that the virus in the blood matched the one in the canisters and the samples in the old man in Dresden back in 1938. It was undeniable now that what was in the canisters did not kill its victims it turned them violent and seemed to mutate them. Soon after this a humanoid wolf-like creature wandered into a large town near what was left of Dresden and after it was put down it was looked at by Doctor Mengele himself. The creature's appearance seemed to scream one word werewolf. It seemed impossible but it was right there in front of them and it was reported to Himmler.

On January 4, 1945, Himmler officially aborted Operation Teutoburg and ordered that every remaining city in the Reich be fortified and for everyone and everything the Reich had left to be mobilized because he knew that things were going to get worse and that he had to at least preserve everything that he had built somewhat. Also he decided to move his inner circle and all the Reich ministries south where they would be safer.

In order to preserve his government Himmler would travel south with one half of his inner circle and Hermann Goering would travel south with another half of the Nazi inner circle so if that way if one half got killed then the other could take control of the Reich as a backup government.

As the Nazi inner circle traveled South the situation the Britain, America, and the whole of Europe was deteriorating fast. In France, former allied soldiers turned werewolves began overrunning the Netherlands, Belgium, and the Eastern French coastline in pacts, infecting and turning people along the way. The news about what was happening in the rest of Europe and Britain and America panic spread across the country and soon Paris was on the verge of falling. In an act of desperation the allies air force firebombed the suburbs of Paris as an attempt to incinerate the werewolf pacts. The firebombing failed to deter the pacts and Paris fell, soon after the entire government of Free France fell into chaos and what was left of the french government fled to a stronghold on the border with spain and abandoned the rest of the country. The situation in Europe continued to deteriorate and many remaining governments began to evacuate the civilians of the continent and into Africa, England, or in most cases the United States before they themselves collapsed.

In Russia, due to its land being more sparsely populated the virus spread slower however this was not a blessing. Many Soviet soldiers were in Eastern Europe and many of them were infected and the virus went south into the Balkans and slowly, but surely, into Russia. When the first reports about what looked like rabid Soviet and German soldiers randomly attacking Soviet occupied towns and villages got to Stalin he said it was lies but 11 days later several creatures were recovered resembling something out of myth a werewolf. This coupled with the news about what was happening in Britain, America and Europe finally convinced Stalin to order his army that if any man was seen with even a small scratch then he was to be shot. This also applied to civilians as well. Soon Russia was no longer fighting the Nazis, but was trying to fight a creature from myth, desperately trying to hold on to its Western territories.

In Britain, things were starting to calm down. When the first news of a U-boat attack and what was probably a biological attack got to Winston Churchill he immediately sent some soldiers to the city after communication was lost with it. When the soldiers got to the city what seemed like many rabid people and what looked like werewolves began chasing them and then carnage ensued. Soon Scotland and Wales were under a version of martial law and things were getting under control on the mainland but in Northern Ireland it was a warzone. Militant Catholics and the Irish military took over Northern Ireland and were fighting the British who were preoccupied on the mainland.

In the United States, the country was also starting to get things under control in some areas. In April 1945, a military quarantine was placed on New York City and most of the Atlantic Northeast was experiencing outbreaks in some of the major cities and due to the U.S government so preoccupied with the outbreak in the United States some people on the far-right and far-left began to rise up and small rebellions happened in some parts of the mainland U.S. in order to maintain order F.D.R mobilized every state national guard east of the Mississippi to combat the werewolf pacts in the Northeast. Soldiers training in military camps in the U.S for Europe of the Pacific were mobilized as well for the mainland. Some outbreaks spilled into Eastern Canada and some in the Mexico-American border but was luckily crushed by the national guard. By June 1945, order was being restored in some areas but in other areas civil uprising from people like American fascists in the South and the IWW in the Great Lakes. In the Pacific, American and Japanese troops had largely stopped fighting and were more focused on the events going on in Europe and America.

In the Reich and across Europe many cities were fortified and guarded by soldiers of their respective nations and in some cases some towns and cities in some cases fell. Thousands tried to evacuate and head to another city or town that was considered safe causing backlogs of cars and people and due to unstable communications some refugees heading away from one overrun city would accidentally head for another infected city. Many soldiers across Europe went AWOL and began shooting anything that moved and looting and panic buying took hold of much of Europe.

In response to this, Himmler in his Munich headquarters received intel that Berlin was at risk of falling to Werewolf pacts crossing from the Oder River. With fortified german cities falling fast and morale at an all time low, Himmler decided to do one big morale boosting victory to rally the German public and boost morale to save the country. But in case this failed, Himmler made a contingency plan in case the morale boosting victory failed and it was to regroup and reconcentrate their forces in low populated and easy to defend areas.

The city that was chosen for the morale boosting victory was Berlin, where there was still an opening to the city. Several elements of the Luftwaffe were put on high alert to bomb the city in case the offensive failed. Almost the entire Wehrmacht, Volkssturm and the Waffen-SS was sent to Berlin and stopped at the city limits and started to dig in. Using human bait to draw the werewolves to their desired positions the opening shots were fired. After the first minutes of the battles the entire Volkssturm had been killed, infected or eaten. Then the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS took charge of the battle and fired the full might of the remaining Wehrmacht at the infected. Every tank, every gun, every machine gun and all the artillery fired at the werewolves and soon they were running out of ammunition and when the soldiers ran out of bullets they used their gun buds and bayonets. With soldiers dropping like flies and many turning, the Wehrmacht and the Waffen-SS retreated from Berlin and many were chased down by werewolves and infected and killed, eaten or turned.

When news that the ‘morale boosting victory’ had in fact been a massacre reached Himmler, he initiated the contingency plan and all of the remaining fortified cities were to be abandoned in favor of easy to to defend rural areas. Only 200 civilians in the remaining fortified cities were allowed to come with them to the new safe zones out in the country.

By July 1945, the Soviets were now fighting in European Russia. Stalin saw the writing on the wall and in secrecy fled from Moscow and deep to Omsk under military supervision. The Red Army, similar to Himmler’s Berlin Plan, wanted to frame Moscow as a great ‘people’s struggle’ against the ‘decadent cannibal hordes’. The Red Army recruited pioneers, veterans, and basic civilians to train for battle while gulag labor dug trenches and served as bait to lure the Werewolf packs in. Just like Berlin the volunteer brigades were wiped out by the Werewolf pacts outside Moscow and in desperation, Stalin ordered all of Moscow to be torched and everyone evacuated to ‘starve out’ the werewolves. Moscow fell in August 1945.

By August of 1945, Europe was all but overrun except Britain, Turkey, some of what was left of the Nordic States, Ireland, and a few coastal cities like Lisbon. Many refugees fled East to the USSRs new territories beyond the Urals, the British Isles, or to the United States. In the USSR anyone trying to get to the new Siberia ‘safe zone’ was bombed or gunned down. In Britain, many refugees were turned away and instead most headed to the U.S and soon the U.S was in a refugee crisis.

Due to the civil uprisings, small outbreaks and refugee crisis the United States could not continue the war with Japan and signed a truce similar to OTL’s Korean War in September 1945. The Japanese agreed to grant the Philippines independence under ‘free’ and ‘just’ elections and withdrew military forces to focus on China. The Japanese sphere of influence over Southeast Asia was also recognized by all allied combatants.

On May 26, 1946, the United States, the Soviet Union, the remainder of the Republic of China and many other nations formed OTL’s United Nations. The UN ITTL was now only tasked with keeping international peace but primarily against the werewolf infection and the containment of the infection. Its first task was to create a defensive perimeter around Europe to keep the virus contained on the continent. It was to be internationally run and was to be divided into areas and each area was to be run by the best of the best of earth's militaries. Many of the countries surrounding the defensive perimeter are on constant military readiness and the areas surrounding the defensive perimeter are under martial law.

In between the defensive perimeter and Europe a large uninhabited no man's land like area exists between europe and the defensive perimeter. In order to keep watch to make sure no werewolves breach the defensive perimeter aerial reconocerse takes place 24/7.

---

THE WORLD IN 1966

Europe itself is referred to internationally as the ‘Closed Zone’ and Europe is labeled with what are called ‘ghost nations’ which are nations in exile that still claim their land on the map but not so physically. Despite Europe looking void and empty, it is not at all empty. Many small settlements exist across the continent. Some of them are small towns or villages that were not overrun but there are also settlements called ‘camptowns’. Camptowns are large settlements built in and around former Nazi extermination and concentation camps and many of them house former civilians and soldiers from across Europe and are also are heavily armed and have adapted to the werewolves.

The only large faction in europe is whats left of Nazi Germany. The Nazi-run ‘safe zone’ are in Southern Germany, Ausria, and Bohemia. They exist in easily defendable rural and low population areas and still have some access to the means of production meaning they can still to some extent produce guns bullets military uniforms tanks military vehicles but no planes. Many of the safe zones have small villages and towns in them but the new capital Nuremberg is the only city left in what's left of the Reich and the remnants of the Nazi state is lagley run by an older Himmler and the SS. The United Nations as of 1966 does not know about the surviving Nazi rump state.

The United States has become more authoritarian and nationalistic due to the massive inflow of refugees from Europe and civil uprising from the far-left and far-right. The USA has also once again resorted to de-facto international isolationism to fight the Werewolf infection on their very own soil.

The British Empire has largely been decolonized throughout the 1950s-1960s due to postwar woes following the werewolf infection in Scotland and the humiliating loss in the face of the Japanese. Despite the troubles, the UK still controls some overseas possessions such as Aden, Pacific Islands, the Caribbean, and more. Since then the UK and been working hard to create a federation of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the island of Britain have simi-united into-CANZUK federation.

The rump Soviet Union does not compare in prominence as the USA or the Commonwealth but is still a formidable force against the Werewolf packs. Stalin survived the outbreak and the ensuing chaos and built of the new Soviet capital in Omsk, later renamed ‘Novo Stalingrad’ from 1946-1962 and recently changed to ‘Novo Moscow’ as part of the destalinization gig. Stalin died in 1950 due to further stress from the Werewolf infection and the loss of European Russia and led to Beria taking control of the USSR. The USSR is still a militant police state as of 1966 but has reformed to allow a more state-capitalist economy to encourage development. The USSR has also turned much more Russo-centric in recent years, such as brutal assimilation policies in the Stan-SSR’s and Mongolia.

The Empire of Japan has not changed much with the militarists still large and in charge. The GEACPS is Japan’s organization vital to the domination of Asia and are all under a fairly stable pro-Japanese regime with the exception of a few rebel-rousers such as Vietnam. Following the end of WW2 Japan was nearly brought into war against the UN such as their near-intervention in the Indian Civil War in favour of Bose’s Azad Hind and the Phillipine Crisis of 1949 when pro-Japanese nationalists ‘won’ the election thanks to Japanese meddling. Since then though, the Japanese and UN have re-approached each other as the militarists began to become less eager about conquest. In 1965 the Empire of Japan was admitted to the UN but was not in the security council thanks to Chinese objections. One major controversy of the Japanese is their continued occupation of the entire Chinese coastline thus cutting off China's access to the sea. Many human rights abuses took place and the Chinese begged for sanctions against the Japanese.

The civil war in China has descended into a quagmire stalemate since the end of the Second Sino-Japanese War in 1956. The Japanese have taken measures to fund the CCP to an extent to keep China divided amongst themselves to prevent another United Front from forming again.

Military technology in this world is well beyond 1960s levels and is at around 1980s -1990s levels. Consumer technology is mostly around OTL’s 1960s but somewhat lagging behind thanks to the great militarization of much of the world and a lack of globalism. Most countries' borders are closed and border patrols are heavily militarized.
I thought for a second that it was a WWZ scenario happening during WWII.

The World in 1960

s5py9qsmh5f61.png

Italy remained neutral in WW2 after mussolini realized hitler could care less about Italian territorial ambitions. this freed up the british in the mediterranean and allowed them to put more military resources in their pacific holdings. This detered the japanese from attacking singapore and other allied colonies in east asia, butterflying japanese involvement in ww2. The USA never joined the war due to the attack on pearl harbor never happening, as the embargo on the japanese (the main reason for the pearl harbor raid) was mainly due to the japanese occupation of french indochina and other european colonies. Italy and bulgaria jointly invaded yugoslavia in 1940 and divyed up the spoils between themselves. As the soviets eventually recovered from operation barbarossa and started to steamroll across central germany, The british and free french eventually managed to mount a moderately successful invasion of western france, before their advance bogged down and slowed to a crawl. Franco-british and soviet forces eventually met on the river Seine in the spring of 1947.

In 1947, Britain created the state of Palestine, closely guarded by British soldiers, and administratively divided between two separate entities for arabs and jews (think bosnia).

For lack of a better option, Jerusalem remains directly administered by the british garrison. Agitation from both jews and arabs against the continuing british presence in the region is very common, and unfortunately so is sectarian violence.

the british refused to partition India after it was discovered the muslim league was receiving heavy soviet funding. however, the leaders of the muslim league refused to become part of "a hinduist dominated state", and unilaterally declared independence in 1949, sparking off the Indian civil war. the Indian government would eventually win in 1955, causing parts of the Pakistani army to flee over the border to Afganistan, where they would become the rebel group known as Pakistan Liberation Front

The sino-japanese war continued into 1947, with Japan attempting a "sinicization" of the war to reduce the massive monetary strain the war had on Japan's finances. This went horribly, as the forces of the reorganized puppet govt. of china had no morale whatsoever, hating the regime they were supposed to be fighting for. Nationalist China reconquered massive swathes of territory from the Japanese puppet states due to this.

The collapsing situation in northern china led to a coup by the IJN, headed by Isoroku Yamamoto, to put an end to the second sino japanese war. Japanese forces were directed to disengage and withdraw to inner Mongolia and Manchukuo, but to continue to occupy shanghai. Yamamoto was assassinated less than six months after the coup, and for a time, japan became a revolving door dictatorship. This would not last forever though, as japan would soon descend into civil war

In 1949, Ultranationalists in the IJA attempted a semi successful coup to overthrow the current ruling junta. The attempt was spearheaded by General Nanahara Kitano, after the prime minister, General Kurabayashi, signaled he would be open to eventually transitioning power to a civilian administration. With Japan distracted, Nationalist China, having rebuilt and restrengthened its forces during the lull in hostilities, invaded Manchukuo and Korea, as IJA forces were pulled back to deal with the conflict at home, or simply deserted.

The ultranationalists would eventually win the civil war, at the cost of losing all of Japan's mainland holdings to the Chinese. Korea would be established as a state under a KMT friendly regime in 1951.

The ba’ath party came into power in syria in late 1950, and in iraq, in 1952, thanks to a syrian sponsored coup. With both countries controlled by ba’athist groups they would unify in 1953 under Salah al-Din al-Bitar (michel aflaq having died in the midst of the power struggle that brought the ba’ath party to power in syria)

talks through the late 1950’s to attempt to bring Egypt into the Arab National Republic fell through, as leader of Egypt, Gamal Nasser, continually demanded his country be treated as a virtually indep endent state outside of foreign policy and the military in any such union. This refusal to agree to a reasonable power sharing arrangement, coupled with his beliefs in a separate egyptian identity, torpedoed unification negotiations.

With Ismail al-Azhari and his pro-Egyptian National Unionist Party (NUP) winning a majority in the 1953 Sudanese parliamentary elections, he and the sudanese government agreed to union with egypt in 1954, despite popular opinion being against such a move.

"...Whereas the Confederate States of America under the Freedomite regime became a party to the "Triple Entente" with Great Britain, France, and Russia, undertook a war of aggression and thereby provoked a state of war with the Allied and Associated Powers and with other Allied nations, and bears her share of responsibility for the war; and

Whereas in consequence of the victories of the Allied forces, and with the assistance of the democratic elements of the Confederate people, the Freedomite regime in the Confederate States of America was overthrown on May 19, 1945, and the Confederate States of America, having surrendered unconditionally, signed terms of Armistice on that same date; and

Whereas the Allied and Associated powers and the Confederate States of America are desirous of concluding a treaty of peace which will, in conformity with the principles of justice, will settle such outstanding questions as the fates of war criminals, territorial adjustments, demilitarization, and war reparations;

Have therefore agreed to declare a cessation of hostilities and to this end, to conclude the present Treaty of Peace..."

-the Preamble to the Treaty of Bowling Green, 1945
"1. Texas
The Republic of Texas's independence shall be recognized in full by all parties to the treaty, and with the borders of the Confederate State of Texas as it existed between November 11, 1917, and March 1, 1940
2. Virginia
The C.S. State of Virginia shall cede all territory north of the York, Pamunkey, and South Anna Rivers, , and all territory east of the Maury and Shenandoah Rivers, to the U.S. State of West Virginia
3. Sonora and Chihuaha
The United States shall annex, in full, the C.S. States of Sonora and Chihuahua as they existed after November 11, 1917
4. Tennessee
The United States shall annex, in full, the C.S. State of Tennessee
5. Cuba
The Republic of Cuba's independence shall be recognized in full by all parties to the treaty, and shall encompass the entirety of the island of Cuba
6. Houston and Kentucky
The states of Kentucky and Houston shall be re-annexed by the United States, as they existed between November 11, 1917, and March 1, 1940
7. New Orleans
The United States shall annex New Orleans and its surrounding territory, extending from Franklin on a diagonal line to Plaquemine, and then due east to Lake Pontchartrain"

- text from the Treaty of Bowling Green, 1945
"And the United States shall lend a hand to our southern neighbors. We shall lift them up and help them rebuild. We shall forge new bonds with them and we shall help them heal. For that is our duty as Americans - to reach out as magnanimous victors to our foes and extend our hand in friendship. After four long and bloody years, we must not let the wounds of war fester, but instead mend them and go bravely forward into the future, together."
-President Thomas Dewey announcing the Dewey Plan, November 5, 1945

This is based off of the Southern Victory books, but where the U.S. opts not to annex the CSA, but to rebuild them. It always struck me as odd and unwise for the US to try and reabsorb a nation that's been independent for 80+ years, rather than treat them like West Germany, for example. Many parts of the 'preamble' are lifted from the OTL Paris Peace Treaties, and modified only slightly.
While there may not have been many Blacks left, I feel the US in this case would try to find as many as possible and to give them basically thhalf or all of the territory of one state, if only because they would be assured to NEVER support the Confederates, and probably vice-versa. Maybe keeping Florida for the US as well, though it’s economic used might not have been as clear here. I can’t see why the US would annex Sonora and Chihuahua. Actually, is Dewey lieing in his speech here about Confederates overthrowing the Freedomite regime?

While there may not have been many Blacks left, I feel the US in this case would try to find as many as possible and to give them basically thhalf or all of the territory of one state, if only because they would be assured to NEVER support the Confederates, and probably vice-versa.
I did think about that, and that would probably be the most likely outcome, but I would imagine that the vast majority of Black Confederates would flee north (or maybe to Haiti or Cuba) and render the issue moot.
Maybe keeping Florida for the US as well, though it’s economic used might not have been as clear here. I can’t see why the US would annex Sonora and Chihuahua.
I think New Orleans would be the more likely thing to annex, though the US would probably annex the Bahamas and the Keys. I believe, in the books, the US took Sonora and Chihuahua, though that was along with the CS as a whole. I do think the US would try and pick up those two states because they're relatively sparsely-populated, and not populated by diehard Confederates.
Actually, is Dewey lieing in his speech here about Confederates overthrowing the Freedomite regime?
If you're referring to the very first section, that's not a speech, that's from the Treaty of Bowling Green, which is the peace settlement. That text is taken near-verbatim from an OTL treaty concluding WW2 between the Allies and Italy. In the books, though, there were a lot of partisans fighting the Confederates, mostly Blacks (though, IIRC, Castro led rebels in Cuba). It was a partisan who shot Featherston, so their contribution was not insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.