Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It will be interesting to see how BNA approaches Native American policy. Sadly even if it is better with Mishigama around, I still exepct it will greatly favor settlers. And Canada likely gets a significant boost in settlers that would have gone to the USA OTL; and a trickle of American immigrants like Lincoln.

It will be interesting to see how BNA approaches Native American policy. Sadly even if it is better with Mishigama around, I still exepct it will greatly favor settlers. And Canada likely gets a significant boost in settlers that would have gone to the USA OTL; and a trickle of American immigrants like Lincoln.
with the presence of mishigama, they will need to be more respectful and such, but yeah policy will still favor natives, but in a more *softer* manner

ah......point well taken. thanks

Meh, I don't mind too much. I need prompting with most things and for me, they're literally reminders that you're putting a lot of effort into writing this and if our responses encourage you then that's good. Both yourself and the readers benefit from more engagement because you're encouraged to write more and then we get to read more!

Northstar

I can see the Great Italian War winding down. Sardinia did well enough to fight against both France and Austria, but given that Spain is getting involved, and the likelihood that Ferdinando II will be getting Naples back (plus the Papal States actively burying Italian nationalism for Papal nationalism), you could easily see Italian unification becoming much harder to support (given that the only supporters may end up being republican, I don't see Carlo Alberto surviving the conflict), if not outright killed after the war.

Napoleon II marrying a Mayan noblewoman is intriguing though, curious to see how it develops.

Meh, I don't mind too much. I need prompting with most things and for me, they're literally reminders that you're putting a lot of effort into writing this and if our responses encourage you then that's good. Both yourself and the readers benefit from more engagement because you're encouraged to write more and then we get to read more!

Northstar
thanks! I hope i can deliver then!

I can see the Great Italian War winding down. Sardinia did well enough to fight against both France and Austria, but given that Spain is getting involved, and the likelihood that Ferdinando II will be getting Naples back (plus the Papal States actively burying Italian nationalism for Papal nationalism), you could easily see Italian unification becoming much harder to support (given that the only supporters may end up being republican, I don't see Carlo Alberto surviving the conflict), if not outright killed after the war.

Napoleon II marrying a Mayan noblewoman is intriguing though, curious to see how it develops.
Italian unification if it still happens ittl will be very different of course.
And yes, Napoleon II marrying a Mayan will shake many things up culturally of course. And for Bonapartists, now the line has become half-Mayan which will be blowing their minds i believe

One crisis I expect in the future for Mexico is the Gold Rush. Right now there's a bit of an era of good feelings in California between Mexico and the local Native Americans, autonomy in exchange for keeping the peace. But that is based in Califonia's relative isolation and lesser importance to Mexico. But the Rushes will bring a flood of immigrants to the region, both Mexcian citizens and immigrants from across the world, and its economic value will skyrocket. The local dynamic will be demolioshed and I see the native Americans being thrown under the bus.

It'll probably be better than ITTL but the sheer numbers will render them mich less relevant and their aurtonomy status and lads will likeky be peeled back in favor of seeing thr labd and resources developed. This will all likely be seen as Mexicos ticket to becoming the premiere pwoer in North America and a major player in the South too. in the gaes of natyion honor abd motrality often lose out to greed and ambition.

With the fairly good record Mexico has so far it seems due for such a tragedy.

California exploding in imporatnce would also see the Northwest Question with Britain gaining new prominence.

One crisis I expect in the future for Mexico is the Gold Rush. Right now there's a bit of an era of good feelings in California between Mexico and the local Native Americans, autonomy in exchange for keeping the peace. But that is based in Califonia's relative isolation and lesser importance to Mexico. But the Rushes will bring a flood of immigrants to the region, both Mexcian citizens and immigrants from across the world, and its economic value will skyrocket. The local dynamic will be demolioshed and I see the native Americans being thrown under the bus.

It'll probably be better than ITTL but the sheer numbers will render them mich less relevant and their aurtonomy status and lads will likeky be peeled back in favor of seeing thr labd and resources developed. This will all likely be seen as Mexicos ticket to becoming the premiere pwoer in North America and a major player in the South too. in the gaes of natyion honor abd motrality often lose out to greed and ambition.

With the fairly good record Mexico has so far it seems due for such a tragedy.

California exploding in imporatnce would also see the Northwest Question with Britain gaining new prominence.

No nation is without sin, so...yeah, I can see it happening. Don't get me wrong, I think Mexico is already viewed as North America's premier power that isn't the United Kingdom. But I could see it long term, being their ticket to be recognized as one of the world's great powers.

No nation is without sin, so...yeah, I can see it happening. Don't get me wrong, I think Mexico is already viewed as North America's premier power that isn't the United Kingdom. But I could see it long term, being their ticket to be recognized as one of the world's great powers.
Its possible a deal might be done with the natives (if suther's mill is on their land). Especially as (unlike OTL under US control) the last thing Mexico wants is mass northern European immigration swamping their own culture as well as the native one. Probably you'll see quite a bit of internal migration but a strong effort to make sure the gold money stays local and none of the crap that happened OTL after the annexation.

Its possible a deal might be done with the natives (if suther's mill is on their land). Especially as (unlike OTL under US control) the last thing Mexico wants is mass northern European immigration swamping their own culture as well as the native one. Probably you'll see quite a bit of internal migration but a strong effort to make sure the gold money stays local and none of the crap that happened OTL after the annexation.

Well Mexico ITTL has been trying to draw immigrants and is very successful and open on who it accepts. Stopping a flood from the Gold Rush would likely require the laws to change.

Well Mexico ITTL has been trying to draw immigrants and is very successful and open on who it accepts. Stopping a flood from the Gold Rush would likely require the laws to change.
Yeah but its been largely targeted on Catholic area's like Italy and Ireland. The tidel wave of WASP's probably isn't in their interests.

I feel like in ttl there won't be a unipolar or bipolar world. It'll probably have the old paradigm of major great powers and regional powers. In the case of North America however I feel like rather than Mexico being the premier power, once the US gets its act together, North America will probably be a multipolar area. The Commonwealth and New England would be the middle powers comfortably staying neutral while likely playing off each power for their own financial gain and national security interests.

While Louisiana would be grateful for Mexico's aid, I doubt they'd want to be a quasi-puppet state of Mexico like how New England for the British. Plus with their control over New Orleans, they'll probably have a large economic and agricultural center. As the Mississippi River is one of the most navigable rivers in the world, control over it will make the country and cities like New Orleans and St. Louis fabulously wealthy. Though with the continued French culture in the region, you'd probably see some interesting variations of French culture develop. Some stuff might end up going to France and becoming popular there.

Yeah but its been largely targeted on Catholic area's like Italy and Ireland. The tidel wave of WASP's probably isn't in their interests.
WASP? What does that stand for?

Still a more Catholic North America is honestly quite interesting to be honest. Plus without the chaos in Mexico and the regime of Benito Juarez and his anti-clericalism, Mexican society will probably have the Catholic Church as a major political force. While not officially part of politics it probably will be another pillar upon which society and government functions.

As for Napoleon II, him as a "Mayan King" does sound interesting. It could honestly work as something akin to the constituent Kingdoms within the German Empire of otl. Though Napoleon II might not accept such a proposal. Technically Napoleon II is the senior member of the House of Bonaparte as he's the only son of Napoleon, and the current claimant to the Imperial Throne.