Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, what is the latest plausible year that Lake Chad could retain its Paleolithic extent? (naturally, without any major changes in Earth's climate history or any human/animal interference)

See image below for a reference.
1610500042225.png

And continuing from my previous map; our northern brethren!
View attachment 615604
As you can see, the U.S. did not acknowledge the traitorous breakaway state of Arizona (which was conceded by the Confederates in the 1867 Treaty of Paris) and the District of Columbia (consists mostly of present day Washington City) has been abolished as a result of the 1946 Treaty of Friendship signed between the former rivals.
Great schoolbook/globe like map. Still I can't help feel that a South victory USA would rename West Virginia to just plain Virginia, or something different. Also how come Kentucky joined the CSA but not Missouri?

1610638693577.png

Hey, so this map is related to my TL Les Années Douces, it's how I envision the US in the 1987. This map doesn't show Native Territories which are sorts of solf-governing regions (like reservations++)
These are all the 55 states of the United States of America (thus sending two Senators each). I'm not entirely sure about Anasazi so if you have other suggestions I'd take them gladly.

Last edited:
View attachment 616054

Hey, so this map is related to my TL Les Années Douces, it's how I envision the US in the 1987. This map doesn't show Native Territories which are sorts of solf-governing regions (like reservations++)
These are all the 55 states of the United States of America (thus sending two Senators each). I'm not entirely sure about Anasazi so if you have other suggestions I'd take them gladly.
Can you make a flag for that? Like some extra elements not just dumb 55 stars

Can you make a flag for that? Like some extra elements not just dumb 55 stars
I really suck at vexillology. If I were to do one I would search for a widespread Native symbol but my knowledge on the topic is pretty limited and that'd probably be like "searching an Indo-European symbol", so pretty hard ... if you want I can try I'm just afraid it'll be awful ...

Great schoolbook/globe like map. Still I can't help feel that a South victory USA would rename West Virginia to just plain Virginia, or something different. Also how come Kentucky joined the CSA but not Missouri?
Gen. Leonidas Polk's order to invade Kentucky by the Confederates is delayed, meaning Gen. Grant violates Kentuckian neutrality before Gen. Polk does, thus making the Union the aggressor in the mind of Kentuckians and pushing them to the Confederacy's camp.

I thought about naming West Virginia "Appalachia" or "Kanawha," but I feel like West Virginia is appropriate because they broke off from Virginia in favor of the Union and should be considered Virginians.

This isn't 'alternate geography'. The only edit you have made is arbitrarily removing a chunk of Africa. It is literally African history erasure.

Baltic is not connected to North Sea
No Sea of Azov
Japan and Philippines have been turned from archipelagos to single islands.

Edit: also Sakhalin is connected to mainland.
And Sardinia + Corsica are combined.

Baltic is not connected to North Sea
No Sea of Azov
Japan and Philippines have been turned from archipelagos to single islands.

Edit: also Sakhalin is connected to mainland.
And Sardinia + Corsica are combined.
No, these are not the edits the OP has made to the map. The are mistakes that exist due to the map's scale and simplified coastlines. The map is literally called 'smaller-africa-jpg.615916' if you click on it.

Then it should be 'literally American history erasure' too, since the New World isn't on it.
Again, it doesn't seem like this is a deliberate edit by the map author. If it was, wouldn't the map show a vast ocean where the Americas are in OTL? And if it was, wouldn't the map be called 'smaller-africa-and-also-no-new-world-jpg.615916' instead of 'smaller-africa-jpg.615916'

Last edited:
Its an odd map for sure but calling it 'African history erasure' seems rather excessive to me.
I'm not sure it is, the author has literally erased a chunk of Africa and called it a day. Besides the fact that it is unbelievably low-effort and bizarre, it can only really be described as African history erasure. Not that there would really be any history anymore, though, because part of the area he erased is considered to be the birthplace of humanity.

Eparkhos

Banned
I'm not sure it is, the author has literally erased a chunk of Africa and called it a day. Besides the fact that it is unbelievably low-effort and bizarre, it can only really be described as African history erasure. Not that there would really be any history anymore, though, because part of the area he erased is considered to be the birthplace of humanity.
You're making a serious accusation here, and a fairly tepid map name is your only evidence. I'd suggest that you tone back your accusations unless you have stronger evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.