Definitely, between the Copts and Muslims, they find life very difficult... I do not rule out the possibility of a Spanish puppet state in Libya though....
True actually, it’s closer to Spanish Naples where they’ll be able to get support from and it is a bit more feasible, especially since it won’t be as close to Mecca which may rally Muslims together

True actually, it’s closer to Spanish Naples where they’ll be able to get support from and it is a bit more feasible, especially since it won’t be as close to Mecca which may rally Muslims together
Makes sense geographically, and can establish a nice buffer zone... Thank you again!

Chapter 33, January 1510
Richmond Palace, Kingdom of England, January 1510

The bed was mercifully warm, especially given how brutally cold the winter was. She was in her sleeping husband’s arms, though the two of them were both clothed, for a few months ago, the last time they had tried to engage in the act of love, they had been unsuccessful. Giovanna hardly cared, it was nice when they were once able to do so, but it was not something that their marriage relied on, their love was deeper than that. Henry yawned as moonlight filtered into the room,”What do you think of Mary’s betrothal?”
Giovanna tried to jog her memory, and could not find the name of the man her middle stepdaughter was to marry,”You said she was to marry in Denmark?”
He nodded,”Yes, to the Crown Prince Christian, the heir to his father’s lands.”
“Is he not much older than her?” Giovanna asked.
“Well, he’s a few years younger than you are… Still, they say he is quite handsome… His mistress certainly seems to think so…”
She shot her husband a disapproving look,”Henry! You would wed her to a man who you know will be unfaithful?”
“Maybe he will not be… I am sure that Mary will be vivacious enough to win him over. Besides, Mary becoming Queen of Denmark would not be without its advantages… It will bring us more trade in the North Sea and will allow her to be close to Catherine once she leaves to marry the Duke of Burgundy.”
Placated by her husband’s words, Giovanna kissed him on the cheek,”Goodnight my love.”

Honestly, I don't think Mary and Christian would be betrothed at this stage. It would happen only after Christian's father dies and he becomes king.
I don't see why not, his older brothers have been dead for a decade, and surely an English alliance would be valuable, as there are no available Austrian matches...

I don't see why not, his older brothers have been dead for a decade, and surely an English alliance would be valuable, as there are no available Austrian matches...
Agreed, I did the same in my timeline. Christian is the most likely suitor for Mary at this time (Louis XII would be widowed until 1512 and England will be at war with him then). It also helps secure English interests in the North Sea and prevents Scotland from trying to ally to Denmark.

It's because his prospective throne is elective...there's always a chance that he might not get it. Henry would want to wait until Christian is guaranteed of a crown.

Agreed, I did the same in my timeline. Christian is the most likely suitor for Mary at this time (Louis XII would be widowed until 1512 and England will be at war with him then). It also helps secure English interests in the North Sea and prevents Scotland from trying to ally to Denmark.
I'm not saying that Mary and Christian's marriage isn't a good idea. I'm just saying that arrangements for it would only take place after Christian is elected king on his father's death.

It's because his prospective throne is elective...there's always a chance that he might not get it. Henry would want to wait until Christian is guaranteed of a crown.
I suppose, but isn't the elective nature more like the Holy Roman Empire, wherein the King's son is still most likely to succeed him?

I'm not saying that Mary and Christian's marriage isn't a good idea. I'm just saying that arrangements for it would only take place after Christian is elected king on his father's death.
Yeah but wouldn't the same apply for Catherine when she marries Charles (if Maximilian is still alive by then)

But why marry Catherine to a Duke when he could marry her to a King (Ferdinand of Spain, who if I recall correctly is not betrothed to anyone)
A match with the Duke of Burgundy is actually more prestigious than a match with certain kings, given the immense wealth and trading power of the Low Countries. Also, Ferdinand is already betrothed to Isabella of Portugal and has been for a number of years.