Just one note, the word "Arpitania" was only coined in the 1970s and is a neologism so you might want to pick a different name for something with a POD around 1918.
Thank you kindly for the flags! What would you recommend for a name in that case then?

Starforce

Banned
Can someone edit this graphic, remove Stalin and change the Soviet flags to the Equalist Union flag / edit the colors so its done in a purple style instead ofred?

u-g-PI4H4N0.jpg

Equalist Union

equal.png

Thank you kindly for the flags! What would you recommend for a name in that case then?
Since it more or less correspond to the territory of the Duchy of Savoy, the Germans could use this to present their puppet state as the "restored" Duchy / Kingdom of Savoy. They could even find someone connected to the house of Savoy (someone too junior to have any chance of getting the italian throne) to act as a figurehead by giving him the crown.

Last edited:
bit more details needed: origin of settlers, what regime they had to begin with, how it evolved into a monarchy, is the new monarch connected to or claim a link with one or more old-earth noble house, etc....
The generation ship here became a monarchy after the last democratically-elected Secretary-General of the generation ship was overthrown in a coup and the new leader fused the positions of Captain and Secretary-General into a single position, the Empress.

Hey guys. Could someone do an alternative Coat of Arms for the Irish Free State (post 1922). It is an independent country but still retains the British monarchy. Here is a drawing I've made and I like it except for that people in r/heraldry told me that mixing the Four Provinces Arms and the breasted winged harp wasn't a great idea because it blended two different styles of harps. I also tried to make it as less English looking as possible as removing as many Royal crowns as possible (to not enfuriate the Irish). Thank you!Irish Free State my CoA

Hey guys. Could someone do an alternative Coat of Arms for the Irish Free State (post 1922). It is an independent country but still retains the British monarchy. Here is a drawing I've made and I like it except for that people in r/heraldry told me that mixing the Four Provinces Arms and the breasted winged harp wasn't a great idea because it blended two different styles of harps. I also tried to make it as less English looking as possible as removing as many Royal crowns as possible (to not enfuriate the Irish). Thank you!Irish Free State my CoA
I don't see why the main shield would be anything other than just the harp, to be honest. The 'four provinces' combination is generally used to represent 'all-Ireland' (such as the rugby teams) so includes Northern Ireland.
Give me a few days.

May I please ask for a shield depicting the three lions of England quartered with the ermine of Brittany? (I've been wondering what Medieval History might have looked like had the Kings of England been Dukes of Brittany, rather than the Aquitaine).

Could someone do an alternative Coat of Arms for the Irish Free State (post 1922)
How about one of these?
As noted in my post above, I've used just the harp for the shield. I put 'Quis separabit' as the motto above and 'Pro deo et patria' (for God and country) in the banner in the compartment. I'm not sure if the CoA's better with the two different supporters or just with the Irish Elk, so I've done one with each.
CoA-Irish_Free_State-for_Kaiserberg-FGv1-925x712.pngCoA-Irish_Free_State-for_Kaiserberg-FGv2-925x712.png
Click the thumbnails for the full-size images, 925x712px.
Image(s) created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Supporter(s) from 'Coat of Arms of Northern Ireland' by Tom Lemmen, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; reversed and ungorged.
(2) Shamrocks in compartment from English/Welsh/Northern Irish Royal CoA of the UK by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; resized/rotated/reversed.
(3) Collar from 'Order of St. Patrick collar vector' by 95jb14, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences; proportions altered, roses replaced with shamrocks (same source as (2) above), English crowns replaced with a fictional Irish crown by Regicollis, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 licence.
(4) Crest from Royal arms of Ireland by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
(5) Harp from Republic of Ireland's CoA by Setanta_Saki, free for use and adapatation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence.
(6) Scrolls for motto and banner, lances, external parts of flags, helm, mantling and compartment from Scottish Royal CoA of the UK by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences.
(7) Motto and banner, and interior of flags by me.
Licences:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
CC BY-SA 2.5: Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic
CC BY-SA 2.0: Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
CC BY-SA 1.0: Attribution-Share Alike 1.0 Generic
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication

The generation ship here became a monarchy after the last democratically-elected Secretary-General of the generation ship was overthrown in a coup and the new leader fused the positions of Captain and Secretary-General into a single position, the Empress.
bit more details needed: origin of settlers, what regime they had to begin with, how it evolved into a monarchy, is the new monarch connected to or claim a link with one or more old-earth noble house, etc....
As for a good basis for the personal coat of arms of the Empress, well, she was a VDV officer cadet prior to joining the Argo's security contingent and becoming monarch after overthrowing the old government, so, something derived from the VDV emblem would probably do for the insignia:
800px-Great_emblem_of_the_Russian_Airborne_Troops.svg.png

In addition, the VDV's motto of Никто, кроме нас! (Nobody, but us!) could be in the coat of arms as well along with some Game of Thrones-inspired aesthetics in said coat of arms.