Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

Rivercat893

Banned
Well yes but my point is why it's even being brought up in the first place. It's a totally random other thing that happens to have some similarities to TWR in terms of it being an axis victory scenario of some sort. It's just a comparison out of nowhere and calling TWR a 'version' of TNO is I think misleading
If you want to know how messed up TNO really is: There exists an SS State of Burgundy that has a Spartan-like caste system, an utterly mutilated Britain under Reich occupation, a Greater Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere under Japan, Russia as a clustermess of an area to govern, bleak multiple choice endings and Francis Peter Yockey as a serious candidate for the White House.

If you want to know how messed up TNO really is: There exists an SS State of Burgundy that has a Spartan-like caste system, an utterly mutilated Britain under Reich occupation, a Greater Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere under Japan, Russia as a clustermess of an area to govern, bleak multiple choice endings and Francis Peter Yockey as a serious candidate for the White House.

Again, I know but why does it matter. You're literally just randomly bringing up another mod in this thread and basically talking about how TWR is another version of it. Don't you see how that's weird? Are you just desperate to randomly shoehorn in another thing into this thread or?

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
The Thousand Week Reich is the more realistic and less dystopic version of The New Order: Last Days of Europe in terms of setting and characters. I like to imagine a mixed universe of sorts between the two works.
I agree with this though I wouldn't go so far as to call it a particular "version". I'd say regardless of the similarities the closest it could be called is a "counterpart", and in some respects that might be a bit of a stretch. That said I very much understand where you are coming from.

Well yes but my point is why it's even being brought up in the first place. It's a totally random other thing that happens to have some similarities to TWR in terms of it being an axis victory scenario of some sort. It's just a comparison out of nowhere and calling TWR a 'version' of TNO is I think misleading
The reason most bring it up is largely because of the coincidentally similar settings involving a German (or in the other's case, an overall Axis) victory in World War II as you have mentioned, along similarities involving a Europe that's not doing too hot and a balkanized Russia. They're two completely different settings involving a some form or another of victory for the Third Reich, one being more focused on a story-based narrative and a largely bleak Cold War setting, and one that's more down-to-earth (e.g. along so much else, there is no Operation Sealion, a memetically contentious topic on this site to say the least) and while also grim can be more optimistic than the first in a number of areas.

I don't know who started calling TWR a "version" or TNO, in contrast it's like essentially calling the latter a version of the former, something that the fanbases of both would reject out of hand and something that is just as true as calling Thousand-Week Reich a derivative work of The New Order, as stated above. For everyone else, they're two different settings with two considerably different fanbases (with said bases having a small overlap here and there), and one overshadowing the other for various reasons. And one fanbase, of course, that's notably less "edgy" than the other, but that's very much another discussion for another place and time.

In short, I agree with you! Comparing both works is largely pointless, given that aside from certain elements in the setting, they are, at the end of the day, different works with entirely different teams, personalities, end goals, and minds behind them. I know there are those who like one and those who like the other and so on and so forth, but recognizing they are entirely different universes with entirely different points of divergence and ripple effects and takes on the concept of a German WWII victory for different reasons altogether is something I feel a number of people who seek to compare the two works ought to take in account before doing so.

Rivercat893

Banned
Again, I know but why does it matter. You're literally just randomly bringing up another mod in this thread and basically talking about how TWR is another version of it. Don't you see how that's weird?

I agree with this though I wouldn't go so far as to call it a particular "version". I'd say regardless of the similarities the closest it could be called is a "counterpart", and in some respects that might be a bit of a stretch. That said I very much understand where you are coming from.

The reason most bring it up is largely because of the coincidentally similar settings involving a German (or in the other's case, an overall Axis) victory in World War II as you have mentioned, along similarities involving a Europe that's not doing too hot and a balkanized Russia. They're two completely different settings involving a some form or another of victory for the Third Reich, one being more focused on a story-based narrative and a largely bleak Cold War setting, and one that's more down-to-earth (e.g. along so much else, there is no Operation Sealion, a memetically contentious topic on this site to say the least) and while also grim can be more optimistic than the first in a number of areas.

I don't know who started calling TWR a "version" or TNO, in contrast it's like essentially calling the latter a version of the former, something that the fanbases of both would reject out of hand and something that is just as true as calling Thousand-Week Reich a derivative work of The New Order, as stated above. For everyone else, they're two different settings with two considerably different fanbases (with said bases having a small overlap here and there), and one overshadowing the other for various reasons. And one fanbase, of course, that's notably less "edgy" than the other, but that's very much another discussion for another place and time.

In short, I agree with you! Comparing both works is largely pointless, given that aside from certain elements in the setting, they are, at the end of the day, different works with entirely different teams, personalities, end goals, and minds behind them. I know there are those who like one and those who like the other and so on and so forth, but recognizing they are entirely different universes with entirely different points of divergence and ripple effects and takes on the concept of a German WWII victory for different reasons altogether is something I feel a number of people who seek to compare the two works ought to take in account before doing so.
For me, I always like mashing up certain elements of both timelines (i.e. SS State of Burgundy, independent Brittany, the Atlantic Union, and the Civil War).

gdasko5t4i761.png

Made a thing for TWR, thought i would share it here.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Posted to the TWR Discord, and now shared here onto AH.com:

The next update is scheduled for the 29th, in ten days. A little late for a birthday present but I don't really care. :p I'll gladly take it if it means I can reunify Yugoslavia with Tito, which it looks like I can.

What are you folks most excited about for this update?

TWR 0.2 "Relighting the Powder Keg" has been released.
Major Additions:
- Reworked Greece - Reworked Slovakia - Reworked Croatia - New content for Bulgaria - New content for Serbia - New content for Romania - New content for Slovenia - New content for Hungary - New content for Cyprus - New content for Quebec
Minor Additions: - Nuclear research rework - New GFX across the world - New portraits across the world - New 3D models for soldiers for many countries across the world - Added contractors to the updated nations - New occupation decisions in the Balkans and some other places - New states and cities in the Balkans - Leader description for Goebbels, Sepp Janko, Heydrich (Fuhrer Heydrich aswell) - Added naval base to Taranto - New ship research loc - United Kingdom AI will now want to support Ethiopia - Haile Selassie will now return to Ethiopia if Ethiopia is free - Added new game rules - New sub-ideologies: Despotism, Titoism and Merkourism - Continues focuses have been removed - Slight content changes to Italy - New format for party names - New name lists for Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia - Italian-British Egyptian War reworked - New Egyptian generals - New Decisions and slight additions for Banat Fixes: - Clamped USA Senate and Congress to 100 - Fixed missing loc in Spain - Typo fixes across the world - France is fixed - Germany can now reform its faction after the GCW - Fixed Soviet's central asia decisions - Readded Olbricht and Franz Halder - Fixed German compromise - Fixed both kinds of artillery showing up in production - Code optimization/fixes - Various other fixes that we can't remember

It also seems to me that the Transvolga has nothing to do with the Volga River, which does not flow on the territory of this state.

It also seems to me that the Transvolga has nothing to do with the Volga River, which does not flow on the territory of this state.

Well it's not far, and 'trans-' as a term means 'beyond', like with transcaucasia. The Germans technically control both banks of the Volga, but it's close to the far side (from the European perspective)