Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since presidency is shown as succeeded by "himself as emperor" shouldn't the emperorship show "preceded by: himself as president"?

With the way it is it seems disconnected.
I think you should either go with "none, office established/abolished" or with "himself as president/emperor" in both of them.
And I do believe it has been fixed! Thanks for pointing that out,

posted without context
sCvGnCP.png

Last edited:
Thomas infoboxes:
North Western Railway

NWR #1 Thomas

Skarloey Railway
SKR #1 Skarloey
SKR #2 Rheneas
SKR #3/Former MSR #3 Sir Handel (formerly Falcon)
SKR #4/Former MSR #4 Peter Sam (formerly Stuart)
SKR #5 Rusty
SKR #6 Duncan
SKR #7 Ivo Hugh
SKR #8/Former MSR #1 Duke
SKR #9 Fred (you are here)

Other things
Fletcher, Jennings and Co.
The Island of Sodor
British Warning Signs, including Sodor

Here's an infobox for the newest member of the Skarloey Railway fleet. He is also one of the only two diesel locomotives on the railway. Here is Fred.

FredSKR#9.png

Fred is a narrow gauge diesel locomotive who works on the Skarloey Railway. He is the railway's No. 9 engine, its second diesel engine as well as the newest member of the fleet.

Bio
During the 1980s, the Skarloey Railway would purchase two worn out Hunslet Diesels locomotives from the National Coal Board. Using parts from both engines, constructed one good engine; Fred. He was put into service in 1989 as a secondary diesel (to SKR#5 Rusty) and is used exclusively for maintenance and engineering work as well as occasional odd jobs. As of 2021, Fred still does these services when he is available to do so.

Sources
The Railway Series Book 40: New Little Engine (1996) -
Fred is mentioned in the books first story Speedkiller.
In Sodor: Reading Between the Lines (2005), Fred's backstory of how he was constructed using the parts of two other diesel locomotives is mentioned.

I like him a lot as an alternate Republican, since he was strong on civil rights while being likeable to most voters.

I think it’s because if you ran a simulation of the last 100 years 7/10 times George Romney becomes President - he really does have that feel. As does his son.

These four infoboxes pertain to my TL, showcasing all the government space agencies of the world.
In the third infobox, in which what certain countries "operate" space stations, it means which ones have modules connected / constructed to the ISS.
And lastly, while not shown, the USSR & the US have both sent successful manned landings to Mars. Both joint missions of the Olympus Project & Scarlet Project.

Government Space Agencies
Government Space Agencies.png

Government Space Agencies with Launch Capability
Government Space Agencies with Launch Capability.png

Government Space Agencies with Human Spaceflight Capability
Government Space Agencies with Human Spaceflight Capability.png

Government Space Agencies with Extraterrestrial Landing Capability
Government Space Agencies with Extraterrestrial Landing Capability.png

Last edited:
These four infoboxes pertain to my TL, showcasing all the government space agencies of the world.
In the third infobox, in which what certain countries "operate" space stations, it means which ones have modules connected / constructed to the ISS.
And lastly, while not shown, the USSR & the US have both sent successful manned landings to Mars. Both joint missions of the Olympus Project & Scarlet Project.

Government Space Agencies
View attachment 614839

Government Space Agencies with Launch Capability
View attachment 614840

Government Space Agencies with Human Spaceflight Capability
View attachment 614841

Government Space Agencies with Extraterrestrial Landing Capability
View attachment 614842

Why does china is shown as having accomplished a crewed moon landing and sample return but not circumlunar crewed spaceflight? Can't really have the first without the latter

Why does china is shown as having accomplished a crewed moon landing and sample return but not circumlunar crewed spaceflight? Can't really have the first without the latter
I mean technically you could - via direct ascent. Would however require a humongous booster.

I mean technically you could - via direct ascent. Would however require a humongous booster.
I thought about that, but circumlunar doesn't just mean "around" - as in orbit around the moon, but more generally surrounding the moon, so even a direct descent from TLI and a direct ascent would be circumlunar

I thought about that, but circumlunar doesn't just mean "around" - as in orbit around the moon, but more generally surrounding the moon, so even a direct descent from TLI and a direct ascent would be circumlunar
I’m pretty sure that’s not right sorry - “circum” anything by definition means around it. You may be thinking about “cislunar” - the space between the body and the orbit of its moon.

That said it could be a typo in the original box and this whole discussion is academic!

It would seem like the etymological definition and, in the context of space exploration, the most commonly used one - , but most definitions i can search for give "
revolving about or surrounding the moon", which doesn't necessarily mean in orbit, but eh that's nitpicking.

Like RJGFox speculated, it was a typo, & the infobox has been edited. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy.

So this is my first Wiki box ever. It's not the greatest but I think it decent. For the electoral map, I had trouble with editing it to look like a Wiki election map, So I drop it.

191Election1944.png

It's the 1944 Election in Timeline 191, With the Second Great War only recently ending.
This will be used for my Timeline btw.

Last edited:
3EqypEU.png

The 2004 United States presidential election was the 55th quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 2, 2004. The incumbent Democratic President Joseph Isadore Lieberman and his running mate Vice President John McCain were elected to a second term, defeating the Republican ticket of John Ellis "Jeb" Bush, the Governor of Florida and his running mate George Pataki, Governor from New York.

Following the September 11 attacks, the death of President Albert Gore, and the destruction of the White House, the Twin Towers and significant damage to the Pentagon, Lieberman ascended to the position of President of the United States. While immensely popular early in his term, by 2004 he was significantly unpopular in his own party, and became the first incumbent President since Carter to have to campaign against his primary challenge, Paul Wellstone.

Lieberman is notable for becoming the first Jewish President of the United States in 2001, and in 2004 he became the first Jewish person to be elected President. By 2004, the main issues were the wars in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, and Sudan. President Liberman won by sweeping the Northeastern states and several Western states, becoming the first Democrat President to win no states in the former Confederacy.

Jeb Bush, brother of 2000 nominee George Bush, and son of President George H. W. Bush, ran a centrist campaign and attempted to appeal to moderate Democrats (even attempting to persuade Zell Miller to switch parties the same way John McCain had before he was appointed Vice-President). After that failed, and faced with a potential upheaval at the Republican convention, he picked New York Governor George Pataki, and invested significant time and money in winning his state. To this day it is the last time a Republican has won more than 45% of the vote in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.