Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it oddly interesting that China ended the timeline with borders rather similar to their predecessor's at the start of the timeline. All's well that ends well I guess.
This setting sounds like something from Twilight 2000 Rpg. Also, we have nor covered just how badly Drakias infrastructure and economy was damaged. If their armed forces have to forage for supplies things at home will be really bad.

So... Drakia arm of the galaxy when?
So I'm guessing it's unlikely that they'll be a Drakia arm of the galaxy... a pity perhaps. Would be hilarious to see them take on the Kafers (I think they'll fight "better" than humanity in the original 2300AD... which would be exactly what the Kafers want in the first place, and in a ironic twist their mentality would be the closest to those aliens)

So, the long saga of the battle between the Eagle and the Dragon has finally reached its conclusion. I'm really going to miss following this timeline. :teary:

Judging by what's going on in the Free World, it seems like the Final War is not going to be so final after all. Besides China, what other nations have nukes? It's been roughly two decades since the Final War started; I imagine somebody outside of China must have been able to figure it out.

I'm honestly surprised that Drakia managed to survive long enough to see the 21st century. I can't imagine why people would want to still live there though, given that it's only a matter of time before nuclear fire comes raining down from the sky. Are the Drakians still working on any new bioweapons? Obviously, it would be tantamount to suicide if any country outside of Drakia found out, but Drakia’s already on its deathbed. I could see the government justifying their bioweapons program as "if we go down, you're all going down with us". I feel bad for the children of the Drakensis. Their parents have been so fucked up by their childhood and the trauma of losing their empire that I can’t imagine any of their kids are going to experience anything close to a healthy upbringing (though hopefully, things work out better for Achlys's kid).

I find it oddly interesting that China ended the timeline with borders rather similar to their predecessor's at the start of the timeline. All's well that ends well I guess.
And that China, Russia, and America are the main powers of the world. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

What's the post-war relationship between China and the US? Is America jealous about China's status as the world superpower? I feel America would, at least for now, have a good working relationship with China to counterbalance the perilous influence of Russia. @Ephraim Ben Raphael

Animal husbandry declined, but euphemistically named “Protein Farms” use inedible agricultural waste to raise armies of cockroaches that are usually reduced to unidentifiable brown powder before finding their way to consumers.
I seem to recall several cultures will straight up fry and eat termites, no processing needed. Could the same be done with cockroaches?

If Homo Ludens is to truly come into existence, if the utopian world celebrating the individual where man can live for pleasure instead of pain can be created, then neutrality is not possible.
Shit.

What's the primary means of electrical generation for most of the post-Final Society world, if any? Has nuclear energy proliferated at all, or does Free China retain a monopoly? (Oak Ridge did make the MSRE, a liquid thorium reactor in 1964 OTL--Free China could could assist the AfD in developing and proliferating such a reactor to provide cheap power without the means to breed practical weapons material.)

Last edited:

xsampa

Banned
And that China, Russia, and America are the main powers of the world. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
A combo of size, population and historically .... stable states.
Although an mega-India with colonies in the Indian ocean rim or a super-Indonesia with influence over SE Asia could count by population alone. Unified West Africa with colonies in Brazil counts too
I actually want to see a "Mughal colonizers", "W. African Americas" timeline

Last edited:
A combo of size, population and historically .... stable states.
Although an mega-India with colonies in the Indian ocean rim or a super-Indonesia with influence over SE Asia could count by population alone. Unified West Africa with colonies in Brazil counts too
I actually want to see a "Mughal colonizers", "W. African Americas" timeline
La Plata and Brazil are together. West Africa wouldn't be able to land on South America.

This is not the end of history- history does not end. There is no Final Society, there will never be a Final War. But it is an end, and- as Zheng watches not the first but the third test of a brand-new weapon- also a beginning.

The Thermonuclear Age is dawning.
Man, you sure know how to finish a TL!
View attachment 613880
"You may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one..."
Chills. I love these captions.

How is Free New Guinea doing? Also are Xinjiang, Tibet and Korea part of China?
I believe it's largely irrelevant whether they're formally a part of China or not, since we're sure of one thing that's common to all of them:
IT'S TIME!
bomb-Mike-Marshall-Islands-November-1952.jpg

Last edited:

xsampa

Banned
Chinese naval bases on the Baltic; shipped from Turkestan to Free Caucasia to Free Baltoslavia across the Black Sea

I kind of assume that in the long run, there'll be some Third Wave Situationism that'll be something along the lines of "We can't be so focused on getting rid of the Spectacle that we end up all dead". I don't think most of the world will care that much about the nuclear annihilation of Drakia, but it's no doubt going to be alarming to see that the Chinese have made an even more super super weapons and take a much more aggressive stance. I expect the New Pact will be shitting themselves and the New Alliance will be saying things a bit beyond "Deeply concerned", especially because it's pretty likely that the Indian-Burma Axis will collapse to the Situationists, that might sour relations to the New Alliance a bit.

And with the biosphere still in bad shape and the pretty likely case of nuclear proliferation, I bet that twenty to thirty years later the younger generation will be a bit more impatient on holding off on the Situation in such a way that doesn't end the world harder this time. While Free China might leave its commitment to democracy which would weaken this hypothetical Third Wave, I think that's pretty unlikely since that is such a corner stone for the state.

Alternatively, it could be that the younger generation are more impatient in a warped reflection of the Drakian Militarists, but I kind of doubt that because everyone can see how bad the Final War made things and it's a bit hard to see younger Situationists going "Yeah let's try that again but even worse! After all, we just learned about the Permo-Triassic Mass Extinction and I'm not gonna let no volcanoes beat us at wiping things out".

Last edited:

xsampa

Banned
I kind of assume that in the long run, there'll be some Third Wave Situationism that'll be something along the lines of "We can't be so focused on getting rid of the Spectacle that we end up all dead". I don't think most of the world will care that much about the nuclear annihilation of Drakia, but it's no doubt going to be alarming to see that the Chinese have made an even more super super weapons and take a much more aggressive stance. I expect the New Pact will be shitting themselves and the New Alliance will be saying things a bit beyond "Deeply concerned", especially because it's pretty likely that the Indian-Burma Axis will collapse to the Situationists, that might sour relations to the New Alliance a bit.

And with the biosphere still in bad shape and the pretty likely case of nuclear proliferation, I bet that twenty to thirty years later the younger generation will be a bit more impatient on holding off on the Situation in such a way that doesn't end the world harder this time. While Free China might leave its commitment to democracy which would weaken this hypothetical Third Wave, I think that's pretty unlikely since that is such a corner stone for the state.

Alternatively, it could be that the younger generation are more impatient in a dark reflection of the Drakian Militarists, but I kind of doubt that because everyone can see how bad the Final War made things and it's a bit hard to see younger Situationists going "Yeah let's try that again but even worse! After all, we just learned about the Permo-Triassic Mass Extinction and I'm not gonna let no volcanoes beat us at wiping things out".
EBR wrote they were planning to nuke Russia. Also they can just invade Burma and “flip” most of Indochina to their side

Last edited:
EBR wrote they were planning to nuke Russia
Oh! I think I missed that. I still stand by my comments though, just without the New Pact.

EDIT: Oh and I wasn't thinking China would nuke Burma. But an invasion/sponsoring of internal rebellion of a de jure New Alliance ally will no doubt irk some wonks in the New Alliance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.