Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the desertification of the west (displacing large numbers of internal refugees) you have the drying up of the San Joaquin and Sacramento Rivers in California, the general disruption to the ecosystem, and the capital of Metropolis itself slowly sinking into the ground as the water table beneath it empties.​
I'm guessing patrolling that region is going to make one almost wish for a nuclear winter ;) .

Anyway, great final chapter. And although I don't want to wish to sound ungrateful: You didn't write a paragraph about Scandinavia, which should be from what I understand one of the more important players by now with it having weathered the Final War and the Stone Dogs better than most.

Also one question: Any ongoig talks about the Republic of Selene rejoining the USA as a State?

You didn't write a paragraph about Scandinavia, which should be from what I understand one of the more important players by now with it having weathered the Final War and the Stone Dogs better than most.
From the map, they're shown as a member of the New Alliance and "neutral no more," so presumably they're as influential within it as La Plata and have maintained their influence in the reduced Confederation of Germany (being the closest ally against Russia makes that kind of a given even without the aid they provided).
Also one question: Any ongoig talks about the Republic of Selene rejoining the USA as a State?
If I remember correctly, it was jointly run by the nations of the AfD as the Allied Lunar Mandate, so it never was one to begin with. I'll bet the Selenians are proud of reenacting the plot of the first half of The Martian on a mass scale, so they're probably happy with maintaining the self-sufficiency they've so carefully built. That being said, they're probably as close to the New Alliance as it's possible to be under the conditions. The appeal of situationism to such a Spartan society would seem to be minimal, but at some point in the future it could become a relevant current in the Selenian political scene. For all their down-to-earth practicality, they're not even actually on it. While their home planet can hardly be dismissed as a sinking ship they'd be better off ignoring altogether, the bailout is certainly still in progress for the foreseeable future, and the fact that Selene hasn't undergone the same crises as the nations of Earth is a clear turning point for them to develop their own unique identity.

Last edited:
Liberia (located in OTL Nigeria) is an art-themed dictatorship.
Not a series of words that I ever expected to read.
Free China is still a democracy, as are China’s Partners for Peace and Reconstruction, but Second Wave Situationism is grimmer, less optimistic, and more zealous than the older kind. The Final War demonstrated that war can seek you out no matter how carefully you remain neutral or how dedicated you are in the pursuit of peace. The Anthropocene Mass Extinction proved that humanity cannot address issues of environmental preservation in a piecemeal fashion.

If Homo Ludens is to truly come into existence, if the utopian world celebrating the individual where man can live for pleasure instead of pain can be created, then neutrality is not possible.
So they're art-loving neocons? Hmm, is this guy a second-wave situationist?

Also, how are the Roma and Yazidis doing? Do they still have a state?

So it finally ends. Drakia may still be alive, but it seems pretty clear that it won't be for much longer. It's nice to see there still being a (relatively) stable world order after the horrors of the Final War. This was a fun ride, and certainly better than the ending of the original Draka.

I'm going to reread The Space Pirate King, build up a bit of a buffer for it, and then get it launched again- on SV only I'm afraid. It was a difficult decision, but while I will continue to follow TLs over here and post occasionally, for personal reasons I am transitioning my writing away from AH.com.:teary:

Happy New Year, y'all!
That's somewhat sad to hear, you seem to generate a lot of cool discussion on this site. Well, It's been a great ride with you here, and I'll definitely keep up with your stuff on Sufficient Velocity. Would it be impolite to ask you to DM me why you feel you can't continue your work on AH.com?

When you actually look at the united states and Drakia you come to the conclusion that the US actually dispite all of its problems has exited the post war world in much better shape. Dispite being decentralized and their issues they still control a continants worth of resources and are rebuilding. They have every possibility of becoming a great power again.

Drakia is limited to the southern cone and is pretty much hated by every one and its only a matter of time until people get revenge on them.

La Cometa, Population: 14,877, de facto capital (the de jure capital is in Patagonia) of Platinean Antarctica. As the climate warms and conditions become Artctic rather than Martian, the seventh continent has seen its population climb steadily to 45,000~.
Is it by any chance located in the OTL location of either Villa las Estrellas or Esperanza Base?

They will almost certainly try to reshape the world into one that does not have such a thing as a Drakensis Master Race in it, and indeed one that cannot, but I imagine their goal would be "merely" the total oblivion of whatever remains of the old institutions of the Empire; the imperial army, the Nest, the Agoge, the state churches, the eugenics programs, the very concepts of "Martial Races" or "Servitors", by whatever means they can bring to bear. In the final twisted irony played on the nation that dared thrust a gilded crown over god's wreath of thorns, now it will be the Free World that works to save the man and kill the Drakian and 'civilize' Drakia until it is satisfactorily de-Drakizied.

Last edited:
The world is getting ready for new wars, while the anthropocene extinction made it to became a mix of 1980's post apocalyptic fiction and the movie AI.
Good to see TTL Portugal become free again.
Phew! 140,000~ words, 295 pictures, and a year and a half of writing and we are finally at the end.

To think that I originally envisioned this as map series! :lol:

Thanks to all of my readers for your encouragement and feedback.

I'm going to reread The Space Pirate King, build up a bit of a buffer for it, and then get it launched again- on SV only I'm afraid. It was a difficult decision, but while I will continue to follow TLs over here and post occasionally, for personal reasons I am transitioning my writing away from AH.com.:teary:
Sorry to hear that. :( Hope you reconsider, but wish you good luck in your projects.

Happy New Year, y'all! :)
Happy new year to you and to all the fellow readers! :)

That’s a damn shame, loved pretty much every timeline you posted. Congrats on finishing this project, that’s always relief to do

Not really related to the topic here, but I found a map made by RoyalPsycho (i think he's on AH?) about what would have happened if Stirling's Vanilla Draka had been stopped on the Antioch-Van Line, preventing them from entering into Europe.

The end result is a three-sided cold war between the Greater Germanic Reich, the Domination of the Draka, and the Alliance for Democracy. As one might have guessed, the Draka, while violently opposed to the Alliance, hates the Reich because they are too similar to them; and considering that the Reich is suceeding where the Draka are failing (in a twisted irony the mass murder of millions of would-be slaves eliminated the possibility of any uprising), it's not hard to see the Draka collapsing and the Reich surviving.

Read it here

Status
Not open for further replies.