Great Scott, what a way to begin the new year! Two continents engulfed in massive wars, madmen and fanatics in key places, and now the nuclear threat. Definitely one of my favorite chapters.

By the way, what's going on with Sardinia and Bohemia? Are they neutral?

Are the Irish Bonapartes dead? If no wouldn’t that mean the legacy of Joseph Bonaparte is still alive?
The Irish Bonapartes shall never perish from this earth, so long as their is a living Irishman to fight for King, Country, and the Common Man!

Looking back at Volume 1 of WMIT, it was established that Josephs daughter Zénaïde became monarch of Sicily after he got shipped off to Ireland

The Irish Bonapartes shall never perish from this earth, so long as their is a living Irishman to fight for King, Country, and the Common Man!

Looking back at Volume 1 of WMIT, it was established that Josephs daughter Zénaïde became monarch of Sicily after he got shipped off to Ireland
So the irish monsocs have a Bonaparte king, if that's what I understand. Curious. That's going to be important in some way in the relations with Europa.

The question is whether or not the Illuminists will jump into what will probably be a Europa/NHRE war. If they're anywhere near as powerful as OTL's USSR, then the NHRE wouldn't be able to fight off both them and the Bonapartes. A really interesting scenario would have Europa lose the war with the NHRE, which then gets steamrolled by the Illuminists, leaving potential Europan successor states or Illuminist puppets to dominate continental Europe, much to the horror of the British and Americans.

The question is whether or not the Illuminists will jump into what will probably be a Europa/NHRE war. If they're anywhere near as powerful as OTL's USSR, then the NHRE wouldn't be able to fight off both them and the Bonapartes. A really interesting scenario would have Europa lose the war with the NHRE, which then gets steamrolled by the Illuminists, leaving potential Europan successor states or Illuminist puppets to dominate continental Europe, much to the horror of the British and Americans.
From Lisbon to Vladivostok!

Murmansk to Constantinople!

Every man a God!

I did say that the Illuminist is at least as powerful as 1940 USSR, based on some information about the Russian abilities to wage war prior to the Revolution, and their longer time to industrialize in a better fashion than OTL Stalin’s crash industrialization. Afaik, they only want to attack West Germania, being the weakest and most isolated prey that could be snagged without giving off much warnings.

4shqc5.jpg

"Why are we are? Just to suffer?"~ The Balkans in OTL and any possible alternate timeline.

I did say that the Illuminist is at least as powerful as 1940 USSR, based on some information about the Russian abilities to wage war prior to the Revolution, and their longer time to industrialize in a better fashion than OTL Stalin’s crash industrialization. Afaik, they only want to attack West Germania, being the weakest and most isolated prey that could be snagged without giving off much warnings.
I think the Illuminists will watch, fortify and wait for the best opportunity to attack.

I wonder, do the economic clans have any effect on regional culture? For example, if you were to go to a town where most people are employed by the armaments clan and then another one where most people are employed by the distillery clan, would you detect some slight cultural variations?

I wonder, do the economic clans have any effect on regional culture? For example, if you were to go to a town where most people are employed by the armaments clan and then another one where most people are employed by the distillery clan, would you detect some slight cultural variations?
I know regional brand loyalty is much more intense in general TTL, so that makes sense

Given this TL's habit of making RL conspiracy theories turn out to be true, I'm wondering if this TL's equivalent of 9/11 (assuming it has one) will actually be an inside job with the purpose of giving the NUSA excuse to invade a middle eastern country for oil.

Alternatively it's not an inside job, but it's orchestrated by the Illuminist terrorist George W. Bush, who leads what is essentially a strange mix of the Weather Underground and the Red Army Faction.