Wikibox Contest - Discussion Thread

AHE

Gone Fishin'
@aaa
Can the wikibox take place in the future?
Also for the 2nd contesr, does all of the content have to be misleading, or some of it?

If the latter, can we have one of the boxes be misleading, and the rest being true but showing the consequences of the misleading information?

@aaa
Also for the 2nd contesr, does all of the content have to be misleading, or some of it?

If the latter, can we have one of the boxes be misleading, and the rest being true but showing the consequences of the misleading information?
My thought for the prompt was that Wikipedia should be unreliable in some way - much more so than OTL.

IMO it is possible not everything would be misleading, but there should be some bias.

Happy new year to everyone!

@aaa

Yes it can take place in the future, there's no problem with that.

For the 2nd contest, the way I interpreted Gust's prompt was that the entry should be from an alternate universe in which Wikipedia (or at least that article) is misleading or unreliable. I personally think that this will be a test of how skillfully a person can create a wikibox and writeup--the misleading information should be misleading enough to be realistic, but helpful enough for readers to see through it and understand the "actual" event/person/etc. being profiled in the article.

Hello to everyone and I hope you're having a happy and safe holiday.

I'm glad to say that we have 17 entries for the first round, which you can check out here.

Here are the new threads:
Wikibox Contest #1: Landslide - Voting Thread
Wikibox Contest #2: Newspeak - Entries Thread

As always, this thread is open for discussion, questions, and suggestions for future topics. Thanks to all who participate/suggest!

About a day and a half left until the deadline for Contest #2 and for voting in Contest #1! Make sure to get your entries and votes in!

Crawl Out Through the Fallout!
Make a post-apocalyptic or post-post-apocalyptic themed Infobox. (e.g. Fallout, A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walking Dead, Futurama, etc.)
Time limit: 2 weeks

Crawl Out Through the Fallout!
Make a post-apocalyptic or post-post-apocalyptic themed Infobox. (e.g. Fallout, A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walking Dead, Futurama, etc.)
Does this have to be based off of something from pop culture, or can it be an original scenario?

Is this the real life, is this just Fantasy?
Make infoboxes that portray fictional characters and events as real, or real characters and events as fake
Time Limit: 2 Weeks

Changing Horses Midstream
Make a wikibox of an election held during wartime
This one is good, though a bit narrow. What if you just had "changing horses midstream" or "don't change horses midstream" with it being up to the players on interpretation?

This one is good, though a bit narrow. What if you just had "changing horses midstream" or "don't change horses midstream" with it being up to the players on interpretation?
I think it’s broad enough, though it might warrant only 1 week instead of two. But I think there’s lots of different paths one could take for this one.

Suggestion for future votes, Approval Voting a la the Turtledoves.

Yes, I think something like this is a good idea. That way people can vote for as many things as they like.
This is a good idea. I'll set this system for the voting thread for the 2nd round.

I think it’s broad enough, though it might warrant only 1 week instead of two. But I think there’s lots of different paths one could take for this one.
If we keep it narrow then I think 2 weeks is more appropriate, given that people will be doing election maps and calculations on top of the boxes themselves.

The Unholy Trinity:
Create a wikibox revolving around 3 parties or people which lead to the downfall of a group or a specific person in general.