Thank you again! All I will say about that is that she will have a much kinder husband than Henry VIII...
Based on the fact you said she will marry someone a little older than her my picks for who'll she will marry are Louis XII (if he lives longer) or Christian of Denmark.

I know, the anticipation is killing me!

* Thanks for ML8991 for reminding me of the word I was looking for.

Last edited:
anticipation Redking?
been watching this timeline from the sidelines, and it is proving from strength to strength. Though I usually prefer more map based timelines, there is a lot of intrigue, playing off and a human factor that makes this really fun to read.
Keep this up, and looking forward to what you bring us in the new year :D

anticipation Redking?
been watching this timeline from the sidelines, and it is proving from strength to strength. Though I usually prefer more map based timelines, there is a lot of intrigue, playing off and a human factor that makes this really fun to read.
Keep this up, and looking forward to what you bring us in the new year :D
Thank you so very much for your praise, I am humbled by it! I definitely prefer writing the narrative side of things but there are definitely doing to be some world changing things here... Happy new year to you and everyone else!

Chapter 32, November 1509
Alcázar of Segovia, Kingdom of Castile, November 1509

She kneeled in the chapel, the hard stone floor made her knees ache, but she paid them no mind. Catalina’s belly rumbled, for she had not eaten anything since the morning, but she ignored it as she fervently gazed upon the silver statues of the Blessed Virgin. Lord God, grant our men victory against the infidels, so that they may never threaten España and her God-fearing people again. She closed her eyes as she continued, her hands wrapped together in prayer, and did so again, and again, without any regard for her growing discomfort. She continued in this way for nearly an hour, when another entered the chapel. As she turned her head, she was quite shocked, it was one of the last people she would suspect to enter, and she called out in a hoarse voice,”Sister?”
Juana grinned,”You may cease your prayer, Catalina.”
Catalina raised a brow, confused,”What? Why?”
“Oran has fallen to our forces.”
Catalina rose to her feet, overjoyed by the news,”That is excellent, Cardinal Cisneros has finally done something to better Castile.”
Juana sniffed, a sneer forming on her face,”That vile man? Did you not dismiss him from the Inquisition?”
The younger woman shrugged,”I did. Cisneros is like a rabid dog. He is vicious, but he has his uses, especially if I turn him toward our enemies in the Maghreb. With him in North Africa, we can focus on genuine conversions in Andalusia.”
“I suppose that is well then, and it may curtail the Barbary raids on Valencia and Majorca, which father complains about.”
A small smirk crept across Catalina’s lips,”Yes, I have ways of ensuring that there will be no more raids upon our shores…”

Great update, wonder how this is going to impact Castile in the long run
Hopefully, it will result in a more stable Castile, and under Catalina's direction, it will be even more domineering towards North Africa than in OTL, as Spain won't be bogged down in the Netherlands... The same of course goes for the Austrian Habsburgs, they will be able to more easily focus on their domains in Central Europe. Thank you so much for your input!

Hopefully, it will result in a more stable Castile, and under Catalina's direction, it will be even more domineering towards North Africa than in OTL, as Spain won't be bogged down in the Netherlands... The same of course goes for the Austrian Habsburgs, they will be able to more easily focus on their domains in Central Europe. Thank you so much for your input!
Your welcome! Wonder if Spain will go to war against the Ottomans once they take Egypt

Your welcome! Wonder if Spain will go to war against the Ottomans once they take Egypt
They will definitely try to counter Ottoman influence, though I'm not sure if the Spanish could conquer Egypt, they will certainly have a much more firm grip on the Maghreb....

They will definitely try to counter Ottoman influence, though I'm not sure if the Spanish could conquer Egypt, they will certainly have a much more firm grip on the Maghreb....
No but they could sure put a relative or puppet in charge of Egypt. Plus it'd be a very interesting war

Most likely, though a Catholic ruling egypt would probably find his head on a pike the minute he tries enforcing Catholicism on the people
Definitely, between the Copts and Muslims, they find life very difficult... I do not rule out the possibility of a Spanish puppet state in Libya though....