I need some advice

Baal

Banned
good evening, I have been making maps for two years now but I have several problems ... 1 I never feel satisfied with my maps, I always feel that I need more I always feel them "imperfect" and 2 I can NEVER finish a map in full, always I come up with another idea for another map and save the project you're working on to come back later (until I come up with another idea and basically the loop starts over) ... some rabbits anyone?

Attachments

• 1609301258337.png
    1609301258337.png
    312 bytes · Views: 80
Wish I could tell you that it's a problem that can be solved but I'm afraid it happens to everyone.
Best I can say is to note down your new idea and have it as a "reward" for finishing the map you are doing.

I've found the Map of the Fortnight (MotF) contest on this forum to be a good motivator! The important thing is that it gives you an indisputable time limit. That (to address problem #2) keeps you focused on one project at a time and (for #1) means that if your map's not perfect by the deadline, you'll just have to call it good enough and post it. Usually I realize that what seemed unsatisfactory didn't really matter, and then get on to the next idea.

I never feel satisfied with my maps, I always feel that I need more I always feel them "imperfect" and 2 I can NEVER finish a map in full, always I come up with another idea for another map and save the project you're working on to come back later (until I come up with another idea and basically the loop starts over) ... some rabbits anyone?
I need the same advice as you do, I have been making maps for almost 10 years but I am never satisfied with them, because deep inside I realized that it is all just a hobby, I do not like releasing my maps or having a main goal or purpose in making them, they're just something that I like doing in my spare time to give me inspiration for scenarios and stories, perhaps one day I will share some of them here, but they are very modified, I do not like certain features that most maps have, especially rivers, so I modify them in the way that I prefer them.