"Phil won't leave his room" - A Doctor Who Production History

Some Gabriel Baine questions:
How many series and episodes does it last for?
What's the average runtime?
Who composed the music?
Are there any actual overt supernatural/sci-fi goings on? Or are they just elaborate hoaxes concocted by the villains?

Six series of 13x50 1973-78 (plus 1972 pilot).
Dudley Simpson.
Fantastical elements are overt, though there are usually technobabble explanations for the supernatural. When The Doctor appears, Baine is aware he's from an advanced and alien civilization (and he gets to see inside the TARDIS).

Did you like me bringing the wooden console room into the TL's canon?

Six series of 13x50 1973-78 (plus 1972 pilot).
Dudley Simpson.
Fantastical elements are overt, though there are usually technobabble explanations for the supernatural. When The Doctor appears, Baine is aware he's from an advanced and alien civilization (and he gets to see inside the TARDIS).

Did you like me bringing the wooden console room into the TL's canon?
Very much so. Thanks for answering all my questions. I'm sorry to keep bombarding you with them, I'm just trying to get as much info as possible for all the wikiboxes I'm doing. Some more should hopefully be ready soon. As soon as I get my new computer's photoshop up and running, I should be able to give you some more of my fan art. One final question for now: what's the title of the Baine/Who crossover, and when was it broadcast?

Last edited:
And incidentally,
MC7D.jpg

Photoshop 7.0 (I'm a terrible dinosaur once I get comfortable with a piece of software). I use http://goart.fotor.com/ for some filters (sometimes running the same picture through different filters and then layering them at different opacities to make hybrids). I used https://deepart.io/ for the Max Bolton cover, but that involved doing the whole picture in bits to preserve detail.

A few questions.
1. Is Haygarth definitely the longest running Doctor?
2. Which of your Doctors would be considered the most popular, i.e. like Baker and Tennant?

Sorry for not updating, the next part of The Wrong Doctors is a pig to write. I knew I avoided plot descriptions for a reason. I know what happens, but putting it down is a grind.

1. In the same way McCoy was. There are 5 seasons of Haygarth as current Doctor, the 30th anniversary and then the TV movie in 1996 (and he's not in it as long as McCoy was in OTL's TVM.

2. Delgado and Cuthbertson are the main ones in the UK, followed by Baker and Haygarth. Six vs Seven was a constant fan-battle in the fanzines throughout the 90s. Cuthbertson is the most famous of the classic Doctors thanks to his appearance on Gabriel Baine. Baker is thought of very highly. Haygarth isn't huge in the US as he's not enough of British eccentric. There's a famous clip of an American fan at a convention saying Haygarth isn't as good as Cuthbertson because "he isn't English enough". In Europe, Haygarth is The Doctor but the Eighth Doctor is a popular second place in Germany.