Status
Not open for further replies.
Klein has practically immortalized himself forever with his actions. People hundreds of years from now will be talking about Klein, I assume, as he had a key part in almost every war from the World War to the Final War.
Without a doubt, Klein will love knowing that he will be one of the most controversial and invoked figures in history, controversial to an extreme. He will be regarded as either a villain or a saint, perhaps even both, but many peoples. Movies and books and shows will be made about him, each one more flattering or scathing as the next. But just like the man said, "Nothing ever ends" and that means his legacy, with all its controversies and heroics, will never end either.

He might as well invoke what Jean-Luc Godard wrote in Breathless: "To become immortal...and then die."

He's as based as the slang definition of the word is and so he will be the subject of countless SI's.

That said, did EBR just insert himself into this timeline?
Klein-ing It becomes the term for pulling off something impossible and becoming a magnificent bastard in the process.

Is it wrong that I want to see an Arthur Klein now pop up in every timeline?
And on a related note, what does Klien look like? I’m very tempted to make a wikibox for him and need an appropriate image for it

Klein-ing It becomes the term for pulling off something impossible and becoming a magnificent bastard in the process.

And on a related note, what does Klien look like? I’m very tempted to make a wikibox for him and need an appropriate image for it
The only thing we knew of him is that he's Jewish, a Sephardim AFAIK.

MacArthur would do, I suppose.

Apparently he has curly hair if I'm remembering things right.

Apparently he has curly hair if I'm remembering things right.
Have him don Abba Kovner's hair, then. Maybe, just maybe, it could be the man himself!
Abba_Kovner_at_Eichmann_trial1961.jpg

As someone else mentioned, Klein is the type of guy that would join forces with the Devil just to undermine him in the end. "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" fits him quite well in the afterlife.
Soon after his death he'll probably start seducing the Demonesses and enlist their aid in staging a coup against Satan.

Soon after his death he'll probably start seducing the Demonesses and enlist their aid in staging a coup against Satan.
sounds like a light novel story, am sure he'll prosper in one either as a king, or as a king due to his grinding and penchant for exploits.

xsampa

Banned
The fictional town of Fortune’s Favor, California was a very different place from Grantville, West Virginia.
Pittsburgh was comparatively luckier than your average Small Formerly Rustbelt(or equivalent) town

I plan to revive the Space Pirate King over on Sufficient Velocity. Also I have some ideas for an ISOT;
Sounds quite interesting, curious how an ISOT will turn out when the victims don't have a strong sense of cohesion and aren't in position to become a dominent power. I can very much understand WHY most people prefer to chose an ISOT victim that already has a stable government that can get right into the action, but some variety is nice.

I worry about the potential long-term damage caused by taking the population of a dying town in the middle of Trump Country and putting them in the past, but hopefully given this is a small agricultural town pragmatism will win out over ideology once the Orange Man is no longer in the same universe.
Hmm, considering the ecological collapse going on, I wonder if they're considered downright reasonable nowadays. Guess it depends if they're as anti-technology as the Russians.
Give that the Final war has probably broken the power of the international bourgeoisie (even if the scoundrels themselves managed to escape into bunkers or remote villas, the global financial and commercial systems that gave them power over the world are torn up) and the prominence China will inevitably have post-war

Status
Not open for further replies.