For a Gore Prosperous Tomorrow

Is Amazon as successful as they are in our timeline?

They do certainly maintain becoming a corporate juggernaut under the iron-fisted ule of Bezos, but perhaps not as much. Come 2017 when the Sanders Administration si sworn in and it pretty much because a war that Amazon ends up losing. They're unable to buy Whole Foods, several of their acquisations are reversed and overall the greater scurtiny at megacorporations along with Amazon's shady practices will end up reducing the size of the company and so on.

What do kids TV networks look like? Cartoon Network ITTL?

Cartoon Network largely looks the same though it changed in the mid-2000s. When the original Teen Titans ended, the earlier prominence of Internet culture, especially the collaboration between ArtistShare, Myspace and Youtube means the idea of donating money to projects was becoming more mainstream. As such, through a combination of petition, goodwill and so on, the idea was done to where money would be raised for one final season of Teen Titans, the success of which begin causing the major studios to consider this approach more seriously. The final season took place in space, focusing on Starfire and would've likely introduced the Omega Men to the people. This greater sense of finality and closure would mean Teen Titans Go! would not get off the ground. Other aspects would include perhaps how the Gore Administration's handling of foreign affairs, the growing skepticism toward corporations and perhaps the more seriousness natue would change pop culture and perhaps promote a more "moral" sense, albeit likely in the sense of elss mean-spirited humor. Also, the #MeToo movement in 2008-2010 would likely also cause some greater impacts over working environment and the need to address such matters.

This would also probably prolong or revive the action show trend, so I could see Samurai Jack getting a new season over in 2008 or so to finish off the series proper. Additionally, they may use this to rescue other shows. Sym-Biotic Titan would likely be able to conclude with at least a second season by using the donations to guage interest in the product and see that, hey!, there are people interested in this, but also apply it with how to schedule it, such as Sym-Biotic Titan likely being moved to Adult Swim. This and other shows would keep the channel going until the Renaissance with the rise of shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe and so many more coming out. Most of them would be influenced by the earlier burst of social and cultural changes. A delayed Recession, greater hostility toward corporations, a greater emphasis on environmental themes possibly and so on. Adventure Time I could see have more environmental themes, Regular Show more corporate criticism and perhaps more 90s emphasis, and so on. This is from what I can estimate, but they're broad strokes.

oung Justice would likely be different as the greater ending on Teen Titans would mean a greater need to stand out and I did mention who the starting cast would be (Tim Robin, Superboy, Cassie Wonder Girl, Impulse, Secret and new Aqualad). Aside from that, the channel would continue on as OTL though with a couple of the action shows getting proper closure. Beyond that, not too sure. Justice League Action may have gone on a bit longer.

Nickelodeon wil come later as I figure that out!

Awesome i love the sound of TTL's Teen Titans and Young Justice especially as a fan of both
Same here, can't wait to see what you have for Nickelodeon (Hopefully Rugrats and Rugrats: All Grown Up! are still around in this timeline cause they were my personal favorites growing up, watched them for years and still do as an adult)

Same here, can't wait to see what you have for Nickelodeon (Hopefully Rugrats and Rugrats: All Grown Up! are still around in this timeline cause they were my personal favorites growing up, watched them for years and still do as an adult)
Yes! And Danny Phantom and Ben 10 and Secret Saturdays I grew up watching them

Nickelodeon would be difficult to say. While I do see Constance Payne being made a bit later than expected, I am having trouble figuring out what would be different. We would still have Rugrats All Grown Up and Danny Phantom made along with the various familiar shows made over in the mid-2000s that would be enjoyed over on Nick. However, the channel would still decline as they would be filled still with alot of DreamWorks-adapted shows.

I am thinking that when DreamWorks merges back with Amblin Entertainment, things become rather interesting. This leaves Nick in a tough spot regarding animation, especially as they would not have Loud House to fall back on and I doubt Spongebob could last them forever. As such, there's a couple of routes for them. One would be where the Star Wars shows ends up airing on Nick, due to Amblin Entertainment having bought LucasArts ITTL and thus could use DreamWorks to leverage that though Nick would be the one having to make a convincing argument here and it'd be difficult, but not possible. Even then, with the rise of streaming, Amblin may find it more profitable doing that, especially if they view Nick as responsible for the shows not doing as well.

As such, Nick may be forced to really double down on trying to find new shows. I can see them renewing more Harvey Beaks at least while trying to figure out with Fairly Oddparents and so on. They may end up in a situation to where they have to throw things at a wall and hope it sticks. This may include resurrect old pilots for shows that didn't get launched and try with that or basically offer pilots that were rejected by Disney and or Cartoon Network places onto their line-up, especially given they could try and use the audience hype model to get it off the ground. It's another long shot as it would require leadership being capable of doing what is needed, but I think possible.

Ultimately, Nick is likely to be worse off than OTL unless it makes some radical decisions to get back the creative mojo they had back in the 90s. This would require leadership changes and fresh new blood though there are more than enough events for them to wise up and do a good job for this.

Sad to see Nick in decline still instead of still making new episodes for classic toons. Let’s hope Fanboy and ChumChum is never made in this universe

Sad to see Nick in decline still instead of still making new episodes for classic toons. Let’s hope Fanboy and ChumChum is never made in this universe
It could get made by The Hub instead of Nickelodeon, given that it remains an even 50/50 joint venture between Discovery Inc. and Hasbro.

Unsure though I'm a fan of the show and it appears that it would likely still be made since it was presented for them.

As for classic toons, well, not everyone wants to work on the same cartoon forever and if it did go on, nothing new would be made. Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents kept on going past what many considered their prime.

Granted, all of this is based on if the leadership remained the same as OTL and it's likely that Nick would remain reliant on what worked for them before. Though knowing that, that would mean newer changes may come. It can be difficult to predict.

One other good thing may be Korra may be better off via getting a chance to properly organize itself, but well, that is up to the writers,

Last edited:
Ultimately with Nick, the question is whether situations like a delayed Recession, an earlier #MeToo movement and cultural changes would be enough for Nick to make the changes. It's difficult to say since they really didn't have a direction the same way Disney and Cartoon Network had, so perhaps that's why they leaned on Dreamworks-associated content so much. There's not enough information for me to make a solid decision. Though some shows wouldn't be made so there's that to consider.

Granted, it's likely part of a larger trend since these channels cut their teeth in our generation and as they grew older, staff moved on and the cycle of time goes, they were trying to remain relevant with little clue how. And the same I think would occur here. The 2000s would still have a 90s sort of vibe to it, with 2010's Recession being where the era really kinda ends. Video games and new stuff on the Internet sucks attention and the Internet is more prominent so even more trouble.

Did the Hobbit movies still release?

Hmmm... most likely. While I would've loved to have seen Del Toro's duology on it along with the delayed Recession allowing MGM to start production sooner and not have too worry as much about looming bankrupcy, the #MeToo would've still caused some shake ups. As such, I imagine it would be similar to OTL's though looking back, I wished I looked further into it.

What do kids TV networks look like like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network ITTL?

As for others, well, Disney still does quite well with its stuff.

Honestly, I think the reason CN and Disney seem to keep going on better than Nick is because Nick lacks the backing of source material. CN has the various DC franchises and Hanna Barbera to fall back on while Disney... well, they have everything they made plus Marvel when they got them. Would explain why Nick was reliant on DreamWorks spin-offs for their stuff and why they got TMNT's global rights. Nick doesn't have any strong fallbacks because Viacom really doesn't have any of this

Various othe shows like the Hub and so on would do well and independent animation faring better because of the earlier donation system and belief in said system.

As for others, well, Disney still does quite well with its stuff.

Honestly, I think the reason CN and Disney seem to keep going on better than Nick is because Nick lacks the backing of source material. CN has the various DC franchises and Hanna Barbera to fall back on while Disney... well, they have everything they made plus Marvel when they got them. Would explain why Nick was reliant on DreamWorks spin-offs for their stuff and why they got TMNT's global rights. Nick doesn't have any strong fallbacks because Viacom really doesn't have any of this

Various othe shows like the Hub and so on would do well and independent animation faring better because of the earlier donation system and belief in said system.
Yeah ViaCrap is ruining Nick. CN and Disney definitely have better shows nowadays. Lets be honest Nickelodeon died the day they replaced their amazing splat logo with that boring new one. I bet MLP:FIM still airs on Hub in this universe, much to my dismay. (I don't like the show but I know a lot of people do.) How is PBS Kids doing in this universe?