House of Howard.png
How does this look like for a coat of arms for a royal coat of arms.
I was looking to incorporate the Tudor rose as well as the coats of arms below:
1606245736367.png
1606245744316.png

View attachment 602212
How does this look like for a coat of arms for a royal coat of arms.
I was looking to incorporate the Tudor rose as well as the coats of arms below:
View attachment 602213View attachment 602214

Scottish Lion looks weird to me but its probably normal looking.

As for the top one as the Royal Coat of Arms, I am not sure because the actual Royal symbols are very small while the house symbols take up a large part.

I would suggest getting the first bottom one (with Tudor Rose, sure) as an escutcheon in the middle of the England-France (similar to UK under house of Hanover/and William III). Or maybe make it so that it is two quartered arms quartered with each other. so left bottom (with Tudor Rose, sure) quartered with right bottom.

Edit: You could also impale the two bottom ones. (See: Mary and Philip/William and Mary)

Last edited:
Scottish Lion looks weird to me but its probably normal looking.

As for the top one as the Royal Coat of Arms, I am not sure because the actual Royal symbols are very small while the house symbols take up a large part.

I would suggest getting the first bottom one (with Tudor Rose, sure) as an escutcheon in the middle of the England-France (similar to UK under house of Hanover/and William III). Or maybe make it so that it is two quartered arms quartered with each other. so left bottom (with Tudor Rose, sure) quartered with right bottom.

Edit: You could also impale the two bottom ones. (See: Mary and Philip/William and Mary)
I thought that but its an actual OTL "a bend between six cross-crosslets fitchy argent an escutcheon or charged with a demi-lion rampant pierced through the mouth by an arrow within a double tressure flory counterflory of the first"
Who's it for?
Edit: as in what kingdom as it's certainly not one possible for England, Scotland, nor France.
A house of Howard who marries into the royal family ruling England, with a claim to the French throne. Why do you think that this would not be possible for England and France.

Last edited:
A house of Howard who marries into the royal family ruling England, with a claim to the French throne. Why do you think that this would not be possible for England and France.
It's not possible because heraldry doesn't just mash things together. It builds up rules such as marshalling.
A Howard dynasty of England and claiming France suggests a post Richard III POD and thus rules are pretty much set.
The basic arms would be the quartering of France and England as used by the later Lancasters and Yorks OTL.
You could add an escutcheon of the Howards though as this includes a Plantagenet cadet arms that part might be dropped in favour of a tripartite one.

Hey since we are talking about heraldry I would like to ask something too.

Which is better:

Dutch Republic Lion coat of arms quartered with, this Arms of England (1603-1660).png impaled with arms of Edinburgh (Castle on Rock).

OTL one used by Stuarts but the Irish arms replaced with Scottish arms (so there is 2 Scottish ones quartered with quartered England-France) (I have an image example for that too but site says "uploaded file is too large") quartered with the Dutch Republic Lion coat of arms, and an escutcheon of this House of Osman (in Exile).png impaled with the arms of Edinburgh.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to actually make the two full examples.

Hey since we are talking about heraldry I would like to ask something too.

Which is better:

Dutch Republic Lion coat of arms quartered with, this View attachment 602226 impaled with arms of Edinburgh (Castle on Rock).

OTL one used by Stuarts but the Irish arms replaced with Scottish arms (so there is 2 Scottish ones quartered with quartered England-France) (I have an image example for that too but site says "uploaded file is too large") quartered with the Dutch Republic Lion coat of arms, and an escutcheon of this View attachment 602229 impaled with the arms of Edinburgh.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to actually make the two full examples.
Too many quarterings in my view. It's why the Stuarts and Hannovers kept single quarters for their realms.

It's not possible because heraldry doesn't just mash things together. It builds up rules such as marshalling.
A Howard dynasty of England and claiming France suggests a post Richard III POD and thus rules are pretty much set.
The basic arms would be the quartering of France and England as used by the later Lancasters and Yorks OTL.
You could add an escutcheon of the Howards though as this includes a Plantagenet cadet arms that part might be dropped in favour of a tripartite one.
So you would suggest making each shields individual and small, while dominating shields are brought to the center such as the ones below
1606250068263.png

Too many quarterings in my view. It's why the Stuarts and Hannovers kept single quarters for their realms.

A lot of continental houses (German houses and Spanish royalty come to mind) did not seem to care much about "too many quarterings" but I get your point.

I think the one I will try going with it Dutch Lion in 1st and 4th quarters, quartered (or maybe impaled) England-France in 2nd Quarter and impaled Osman (the second image there in my post)-Edinburgh on 3rd quarter is probably the one I will go with.

Since the arms I am planning to use on Duke of Edinburgh who gets the crown of the Netherlands is those in 2nd and 3rd quartered with each other so integrating them into arms of the Netherlands thusly seems like a good simplification to me.
I'll probably try making that tomorrow.

A lot of continental houses (German houses and Spanish royalty come to mind) did not seem to care much about "too many quarterings" but I get your point.

I think the one I will try going with it Dutch Lion in 1st and 4th quarters, quartered (or maybe impaled) England-France in 2nd Quarter and impaled Osman (the second image there in my post)-Edinburgh on 3rd quarter is probably the one I will go with.

Since the arms I am planning to use on Duke of Edinburgh who gets the crown of the Netherlands is those in 2nd and 3rd quartered with each other so integrating them into arms of the Netherlands thusly seems like a good simplification to me.
I'll probably try making that tomorrow.
What I meant was repeated quarterings.
Look at the historic arms of the Spanish monarchs: after a point the shields stopped repeating and were represented once. Even the German Houses ended up with 1 portion of the field for each territory.
Essentially the later shields represented their territorial claims rather than order of descent/marriage of their claims.

Would the house of Howard, not want to push their own coats of arms to be added similar to the house of Hanover
No. They're Kings of England (and France and Ireland) now, the Howard Domain has been subsumed in Royal Domain.
At best they could use an escutcheon to signify their dynasty but the tendency is for escutcheons to also be (claimed) titles - look at the Nassau Netherlands for example.

Okay... How about A wiki style map of the Korean Peninsula with North Gangwon and Gangwon unites into One, Sejong City is there, Gyeonggi Province splits into North and South Gyeonggi (see Partition Movement in Gyeonggi), And Dokdo, The province and city borders (including Pyongyang and Seoul) on it & with islands (Yes, that includes Jeju Island)

Okay... How about A wiki style map of the Korean Peninsula with North Gangwon and Gangwon unites into One, Sejong City is there, Gyeonggi Province splits into North and South Gyeonggi (see Partition Movement in Gyeonggi), And Dokdo, The province and city borders (including Pyongyang and Seoul) on it & with islands (Yes, that includes Jeju Island)
Anyone, please?

Can anyone change the legend on 'French Morocco' to 'German Morocco' with the color orange? Also, there's no Tangier zone, so it's part of Spanish Morocco.
2000px-Morocco_Protectorate.svg.png

Last edited: